• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Symantec for smartphone

Does anyone of you use Symantec for your smartphone?

What do you think?

"All that we are is the result of what we have thought"

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Symantec for smartphone

Does anyone of you use Symantec for your smartphone?

What do you think?

Kudos0

Hi Stu,

I have Norton Smartphone Security installed on my Symbian Nokia N80 Phone. But I've never needed it.

Cheerio

Lars 

Life is like an adventure- stupid story but fantastic graphics.Earlier we flew to the moon with a Commodore 64 Computer.....today we need a pentium pc to start Windows ;-)
Kudos0

HorstL wrote:

Hi Stu,

I have Norton Smartphone Security installed on my Symbian Nokia N80 Phone. But I've never needed it.

Cheerio

Lars 

Do you think it is working properly?Does it slow down things?
Kudos0

I think it works properly because it ask me to scan my phone and to update its virus definitions.

There's no feeling loose of performance.

Cheerio

Lars 

Life is like an adventure- stupid story but fantastic graphics.Earlier we flew to the moon with a Commodore 64 Computer.....today we need a pentium pc to start Windows ;-)
Kudos0

HorstL wrote:

I think it works properly because it ask me to scan my phone and to update its virus definitions.

There's no feeling loose of performance.

Cheerio

Lars 

Great news.Thanx Lars
Kudos0

I use Norton Smartphone Security 5.0 on my Nokia E61.  I love it.  I noticed no performance impact after install.  The AntiSpam filter works for me as I've been a part of several non profits and my cell number is definitely on some spam SMS lists.  It's pretty easy to test if it's working by using eicar.  Eicar will still be detected.

Kudos0

erik_carlstrom wrote:

I use Norton Smartphone Security 5.0 on my Nokia E61.  I love it.  I noticed no performance impact after install.  The AntiSpam filter works for me as I've been a part of several non profits and my cell number is definitely on some spam SMS lists.  It's pretty easy to test if it's working by using eicar.  Eicar will still be detected.

ThanxGood to hear from a Symantec Pro
Kudos0

Hi,

I am also using the Symantec for smartphone

and can confirm what has been written.

No significant decrease in performance or

any other malfunctions.

Kurt

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.