• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

360 and RegCleanPro

I have a question regarding Norton 360 and how 360 protects from high risks such as RegCleanPro.  Out of curiosity, I clicked on an ad and IE11 showed a file run/save/cancel bar at the bottom regarding an executable for RegCleanPro.  360 analyzed the .exe file and quarantined the file.  I believe that I did not run the file, but tried clicking the ad a few more times to verify what I observed regarding Norton 360.  A delay seem to happen between when the IE11 bar showed and when 360 popped the red quarantine alert for RegCleanPro.  My curiosity has led to a question regarding my observations.  Would clicking on the run button on the IE11 bar before or after the red quarantine alert for RegCleanPro prevent the .exe file from installing on the computer?

Also, I had to create a new community account to post this message.  Who do I contact about my old account that I having login issues with?

Replies

Accepted Solution
Kudos1 Stats

Re: 360 and RegCleanPro

Hi,a123-a123, Welcome. If Norton has quarantined this item, then you can safely leave it there as it cannot access your computer.

Are you noticing any other problems, and if so have you run a Full Scan with 360 since this happened ?

If you have further problems, we can direct you to the free malware removal forums we recommend, where they will help clean your system if needed.

Regarding the problem with your old account, a chat with Norton Support might help.   http://www.norton.com/chat

Windows 10 X64 Creators Update
Kudos0

<< Regarding the problem with your old account, a chat with Norton Support might help.   http://www.norton.com/chat  >>

Or if it's an account here on the Forums, which is how I read it, is it one that Tony or the moderators deal with? I'm not sure ....

Hugh
Kudos0

I am not noticing any other problems and I did execute a full system scan.  The scan did not find any problems.  I will try the chat feature.  Thanks

Kudos1 Stats

I chatted with Norton and my login issue no longer exists.  Thanks

Replies are locked for this thread.