• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Norton Internet Security Fail Update

Hey,

My Norton product tells me my computer is at risk if I don't update but when I try to update the product, the download is fine but the update always fails.

Any suggestions on how to fix the problem?

Thanks

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton Internet Security Fail Update

Please confirm you run Norton Internet Security v21.6.0.32 and not Norton Security as you posted to the Norton Security Forum.   If you are running W8.x  Please restart.   See if this helps.  Restart is reported not to be affected by W8.x Fast Startup.  Please post back progress....

Kudos1 Stats

Hello

Has your subscription run out? Are you getting any errors or error codes? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the product?

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 1903 Norton Core Security Plus 22.20.2.57 Core Firmware 302 Android App 2.23 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

Thanks for responding. Installing it again has seemed to help, although at this time I might have to wait and see if the program will update properly. Another thing with the Norton program is that whenever it tries to access account stuff, like the registration , it always comes up with " The product was unable to connect to the servers this time, please try again later". I think that might be an issue with the servers because the internet works fine. Thanks for the suggestions and I will update the post in a couple of days when the next update is ready to let you guys know if the program is working properly and I don't have to reinstall it for every update =). 

Kudos0

Hello

It's also possible that you might have some malware in your computer. How long have you had the connection problem with your registration? Did you have any problems reinstalling the program and how did you uninstall it? If you have to do it again, you could try using the Norton uninstall and reinstall tool.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 1903 Norton Core Security Plus 22.20.2.57 Core Firmware 302 Android App 2.23 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

Hi Quickymonsta,

Welcome to the Norton Community Forums.

What is your OS?  I'm asking because if it is Windows 8/8.1 also what you are reporting could be due to the Fast Startup feature, as it interferes with many programs, including Norton: actually Windows never gets shut down completely while Norton needs a complete shutdown every now and then to work properly.

Should you want to give it a try, here is how to disable this feature

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/6320-fast-startup-turn-off-windows-8-a.html

However please first have a look at this thread where the User tancheeping suggests that setting NIS boot time protection to Aggressive would avoid turning off Fast Startup, as per their two following posts: 

https://community.norton.com/en/comment/6118911#comment-6118911  +

https://community.norton.com/en/comment/6119001#comment-6119001

I myself am particularly interested in the results of the op rowantree's try.  Maybe you also could try it out first?

Keep us posted.

Windows 7 HP SP1 32-bit | Chrome 65.0.3325.146 | NS 22.12.1.15
Kudos0

@Rainbow_2 My operating system is windows 7 64-bit  Would there be similar problems for windows 7? , @flopot Is there a way to check for malware which Norton hasn't detected? because my Norton product says that the system is fine. I uninstalled the program via the client and re downloaded the client from the Norton website and installed the program off that. How can I access this mystical reinstall feature? (It sounds amazing!)

Kudos1 Stats

Kudos0

Hi, Quickymonsta. It's often worth checking that you are synched to the server.

Assuming your clock time and region are correct, go to Help in the Main UI, then click on Subscription Status, and let it synch with the Norton servers.

Kudos0

Quickymonsta:

@Rainbow_2 My operating system is windows 7 64-bit  Would there be similar problems for windows 7?

[…]

No, at least not that I'm aware of.

Windows 7 HP SP1 32-bit | Chrome 65.0.3325.146 | NS 22.12.1.15
Kudos0

Thanks guys It seems to working fine now although I cannot register it with the server. But that doesn't matter because my Pc is still protected. Thanks everyone!

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.