• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Can I use Norton Security key to renew NIS?

I bought Norton Security 5 user product. Can I use this key to renew my subscription for NIS version 21.6.0.32 on a laptop and desktop ?

Thanx

vb

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Can I use Norton Security key to renew NIS?

NOPE ~ Keys as always are product / service specific ~ but, you can use the NS key to activate NS (upon install) and have Support add any remaining days from NIS

Kudos0

Thanks for the reply. Is there any FAQ or guide to uninstall NIS and install Security ?

vb

Kudos0

You can safely install NS straight over the top of NIS if you like.  I did that except I had N360.

A little bit of knowledge is... well a little bit of knowledge.
Kudos0

Another benefit of overinstalling the new NS is you will retain your settings and the local vault, if you use that feature. 

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Oh, this is good news! I renewed my NIS license about a month ago and my reluctance to upgrade to NS has been in part related to my perceived inability to keep my local vault. Now, if it is actually true that I can keep my settings, including my local vault, this means I will have one less reason for not upgrading...

Kudos0

That will definetly make things a lot easier if I can install on top. Thanks for the good news !!

vb

Kudos0

LinYu2:

Oh, this is good news! I renewed my NIS license about a month ago and my reluctance to upgrade to NS has been in part related to my perceived inability to keep my local vault. Now, if it is actually true that I can keep my settings, including my local vault, this means I will have one less reason for not upgrading...

A member posted today Permalink   "My license of NIS was converted to NS without any cost"   IDK ~ haven't seen anything official ?   May be regional ?

Kudos0

Hi, villasbill. After you've installed NS, it's worth going over the settings as a few have changed.

Windows 10 Home X 64 Norton Security Premium Current
Kudos0

Installed Security on top of NIS on 2 laptops and a desktop with no problems so far. It detected NIS and uninstalled it first. Thank you everyone for your help and responses. 

Vb

Kudos0

Hi villasbill,

I didn't mention it but I understand you were able to keep all your NIS settings, including the local vault. Could you please confirm if this was in fact the case? 

And how is your experience with the new product as compared to the "old" NIS?

Thanks.

Kudos0

LinYu2,  I did an "over the top install" of  NSBU over NIS and retained my Local Vault.

Kudos0

Yes I went over all my settings,they were retained. I don't really use the Vault feature. From what I could see Security is very similar to NIS,with maybe a couple extra features. vb
Kudos0

villasbill:
Yes I went over all my settings,they were retained. I don't really use the Vault feature. From what I could see Security is very similar to NIS,with maybe a couple extra features. vb

Features of Norton Security click Permalink ---  Product Manuals --- What is Norton Virus Protection Promise? ---  Norton Security video tutorials

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.