• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

what is this: is Norton 360 now just Norton Security?

what is this?: is Norton 360 now just Norton Security?

(the renew also list Norton 360 premiere (I don't have 360 'premiere', but Symantec still lists it as selling renew for that version...)

I need to update, renew my Norton 360 for 3pc's. It looks like they are now changing Norton 360 to Norton security. The packaging doesn't say it took it's place, but after long exhaustive searches and looking at prices, it looks like they again are changing the names, and also it is confusing about al the features. Is it now just Norton Security? ode sit still tune-up the computer, have the antivirus, and everything al in one? mine was for 3 pc's now the Norton Security says 5 devices. If they changed the name, they didn't come out and say it I had to dig for it...

So, I need to renew, renew with the new one? have to uninstall the 360 and re-install with the new software from scratch? When I try to renew, it points me at the Norton Security, it does not say renew the 360. I could go on, but trying to find out if 360 was discontinued? Why won't they leave things alone...... either that or they should have let their subscribers know they were changing the software, instead, 'surprise'!!! 

Norton™ Security
1 year auto-renewal(s) protection for up to 5 device(s)

http://buy.norton.com/en-us/mf/productDetails/MggKMzMxMDQwEyIwMDAxMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwNDc0ATo4Aw==/

http://buy-static.norton.com/norton/ps/bb/1030210552/3up_2ns1_2ns_2nsbu_us_en_trips_notw_brnf_nort.html?om_sem_cid=hho_sem_sy:us:bng:en:e|kw0000001651|7169612409|c&country=US

Norton Antivirus, Norton Internet Security and Norton 360 are now rolled into a single service: Norton Security.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: what is this: is Norton 360 now just Norton Security?

Hello retiredat444 

Norton 360 may be renewed through your product.  Renew Now and Upgrade Now are grayed out as not your best option money wise but, they still function.   Choose a product direct or from any reputable dealer local or online.  
N360 is EOA.  Meaning N360 is not available for new sales.  You may still renew through your product.  New offering is Norton Security / Norton Security with Backup 
The New Norton 
Features of Norton Security
System requirements for Norton Security
Can I use Norton Security or Norton Security with Backup with my Norton AntiVirus, Norton Internet Security, or Norton 360 Subscription?
Norton Security (no backup) is akin to Norton 360 and NSwBU is akin to N360 Premium (25GB backup)
Norton Security has Tune-up tools ~ (registry cleaner dropped with NS)

Norton Security addresses the issue of first-day exploits with a cloud-based approach. By comparing scan results to real-time definition updates, Norton can warn you about potentially malicious files making their way around the Web. Also, the cloud-based scans mean Norton Security has been able to shrink the size of the local definition to a fraction of what it used to be. The antivirus still keeps a small local definition to watch out for prevalent troublemakers, in case you want to perform offline scans.

Symantec added a number of under-the-hood enhancements that should, in theory, offer even better protection than the previous edition. Among these are fast classification using sample clustering, automated generic definitions, real-time cloud lookup of all scanned files, and a new behavioral signature engine.
Norton Security is a cross platform service ~ features vary by platform

Here are Product Manuals to compare.
NS offers 5 user/devices   NSwBackup offers 10 user/devices
You may consider a Trial to help you decide http://us.norton.com/downloads
Please post back if you need install advice or how to retain the Local Vault
You may review the Norton Security Forum to see what others are saying.
What is Norton Virus Protection Promise?

pcmag Norton Security(link is external) & Norton Security video tutorials

There is no direct upgrade path at this time.  User will have to purchase / install / activate NS / NSwBU for Norton Support to add remaining days from current Norton product. 
Hope this helps  your posts here Permalink n' here Permalink

Kudos0

Hello

If you decide to get either Norton Security or Norton Security with Backup, you can install it right over the top of your N360. Norton Security does not have any backup in it, so if you use that feature in N360, then you are better off getting Norton Security with Backup. That program does offer the Backup in addition to what is offered in Norton Security plus you can use it in up to 10 devices whereas NS is up to 5 devices. You can also get it for just 1 device- I think that can be used to either NS or NSwB. I know I am using the 1 device program with NS.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit NSBU 22.17.0.183 Core Firmware 270 I E 11 Chrome latest one
Kudos0

Exactly what are these new features: "fast classification using sample clustering" and "automated generic definitions"?

Is there a link to a norton definition of these features? 

Thanks

___________________________2Ys U R 2Ys U B I C U R 2Ys 4 Me
Kudos0

Hello 2YsUR

See if this KB helps you. Please look here . Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit NSBU 22.17.0.183 Core Firmware 270 I E 11 Chrome latest one
Kudos0

floplot:

Hello 2YsUR

See if this KB helpsno you. Please look here . Thanks.

No that did not help.  It does not mention  "fast classification using sample clustering" or "automated generic definitions"?

___________________________2Ys U R 2Ys U B I C U R 2Ys 4 Me
Kudos0

Hello 2YsUR
First off the items you request a Norton definition for are quotes from Norton Security reviews like pcmag Norton Security
If you need official Norton information.  Try Norton Support.  The Community is user to user.  I posted what I know.  If you think I shouldn't post excerpts from reviews.  I'll stop.   The concept of Norton Security is to be less dependent on signatures. No security product can keep up with the daunting number of new malware samples that pop every day.   So, reliance on cloud based detection employing generic signatures along with the latest heuristic behavior rule sets.  Cloud detection relies on scanning millions of samples.  So, cluster sampling is used to speed the process.  Instead of scanning the entire file.  Samples of the file are scanned.   Layered Norton protection has to compare and make decisions on millions of samples that morph every day.  Perhaps multiple times a day.  Writing signature definitions for a new sample that may only be around for a day.  Is counter productive.  Norton as all security applications had to evolve.  Norton Security is the evolution of Legacy Norton offerings.   

Kudos0

I just bought a new Norton Security through Amazon.com, all is well done for one more year!

Kudos0

Hello

Thanks for coming back and letting us know how you settled your problem. Could you please mark the post which gave you the solution even if it is your own. This way others will know that this thread is solved and will be able to find the solution. Thanks.

Kudos0

I just saw they replaced 360 with security,,,, and decided to just buy that.. but then I signed in from one computer,,, onto Symantec, but tried signing in with my other computer on the Symantec server after install and it wouldn't let me, the Captcha just refused every attempt for 2 hours... even when I added new account or changed password,,, I have had accounts with Symantec and Norton for 15 years, but this Captcha protection code really is a nightmare...

IMHO

horrible nightmare spending hours with it telling me my info is wrong...

that's is my problem with the Symantec server and logging in... just painful and wasting hours on this damned Captcha

Kudos0

Hello

Could the problem be that you were still signed in with the other account?

Kudos0

retiredat444:  but this Captcha protection code really is a nightmare...

What site has captcha ?  Signing in to Norton account ? 

Kudos0

bjm_:

I had to complete a Captcha when signing in to manage.norton.com just the other day.

A little bit of knowledge is... well a little bit of knowledge.
Kudos0

Krusty13:
bjm_:

I had to complete a Captcha when signing in to manage.norton.com just the other day.

Thanks ~ I'll B watching for captcha

Kudos0

What I think may of prompted the Captcha for me was signing in and out a few times within short duration while investigating this  -  https://community.norton.com/en/comment/6201291#comment-6201291

A little bit of knowledge is... well a little bit of knowledge.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.