• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos1 Stats

opening vault error

I'm trying to open my vault , ( Norton identity  safe )which I don't usually have a problem with . I get an error message saying check internet connectivity , but I am connected to wi fi . Can anyone guide me please on how I can rectify this problem please ?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: opening vault error

Same issue...as of this morning.

Kudos0

Hello

This could be a server error or a downed server. Please try again later and let us know if this problem is still happening. Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.18.0.213 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

No change....tried different browsers same results. I uninstalled NS last night...re-installed today and the problem started. Have been running NS Backup several months without a hitch. My wife's PC has same program...working fine. The only difference is she didn't uninstall program yesterday. 

Kudos1 Stats

Hmmm ... interesting ... I just reformatted my computer and reinstalled NS yesterday. Woke up to no access. Chat support told me 12 hours, but it is fixed, apparently, now. This is further proof of the need for a local vault option. The support guy told me to manually type in my logins!! Well, gee ... I would never have thought of that! If I could remember all my logins in my head, I wouldn't need a password manager!!!

Kudos0

Magically it is working now as is spate's...he PM'ed me. Thanks

Kudos0

Thanks!

Kudos0

This has happened to me twice now (yesterday was the latest).  For some unknown reason both times I've gone to chat support, where I get "it's a connectivity issue - can you reset your modem/router and re-boot".  This is AFTER I tell the agent I am able to connect to identitysafe.Norton.com AND login with my Norton account credentials - it's only the IdentitySafe that's not working.  Of course this is all on chat where I HAVE to be connected in the first place in order for it to work.  I finally gave up and decided to wait it out and .... a little after noon eastern time it magically started working again.

Kudos0

It corrected itself or someone reset something...anyway, it was fixed for both of us (spate) at the same time...we did nothing.

Kudos0

Hello

The problem is still on going. It will work for a while and then it starts happening again. As of 2 1/2 hours ago, it was reported to me that it is still an ongoing problem. If it's working for you, I hope it continues to work for you.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.18.0.213 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

an error box appeared this morning on a laptop in our family.  it only says error encountered if this persists restart computer or something to that order.  I checked my log in information to make sure it was right.  anyone else find a solution?  or does it just fix itself?

Kudos0

Obvious question is did you restart your system and does it still occur?

Kudos0

i tried that, yes...  still same problem.

Kudos0

i had hoped it was a compatibility problem with FF, so i tried it with IE.  same result.

Kudos0

Some additional info may be helpful - such as Operating system, Norton product and version (from main page - Support/Help > About).

Kudos0

this is a "homework" laptop... using vista.  norton internet security 12.06.0.32

btw, i just restarted again, and this time i got an error message that says the password i submitted was wrong.  i'm looking at it and it's right. 

thinking back, this laptop was used to order a shirt for the ncaa tournament.  i was told that the vault was troublesome at that time putting up the log-in information. 

i don't use it often so i was unaware of any problems.  i may have to contact norton support and have them fix it remotely, when i have time to stay with it.

Kudos0

i'm watching basketball and fooling with the laptop... i decided to experiment with compatibility problems with add-ons.  i disabled them one at a time and nothing happened until i disabled ADBLOC+.  bingo!  the vault opened and has stayed on for a while now. yesterday it was working, but kept shutting off.  last night it quit altogether.

i may have hit on it...we can hope right?  probably spinning my tires though - wishful thinking.

Kudos0

ok, as the afternoon continues, i'm now seeing password vault closing from time to time, but NOW, i'm able to reopen by logging in, which i was unable to do.  earlier, it would either tell me my password was wrong, or tell me to restart.  so there's an improvement.  what's caused it?  perhaps not closing adblock+?

peculiar... i'll keep digging.  but i'm somewhat happier now.  maybe it's fixing itself.

Kudos0

Hello madmike

There has been an intermittent server issue for at least a week now having to do with the Management Portal. That could affect your ability to be able to sign into your Norton Account through your program.

Do you know if you have a local vault or an online vault?

Kudos0

online, unfortunately... i was barely awake one morning when i logged in and clicked the wrong selection.  i've seen how to reverse it, but haven't gotten around to it.

that would explain the ups and downs...

Kudos0

well, so much for add-on incompatibility.  i'm done.  i'll wait a day or two and see if server problems end.

btw, all the other computers in our home network have local vaults and there's no problem.  you may have the answer.

Kudos0

As far as I'm concerned, this is a server issue on the Norton side - it comes and goes... only once have I been told by Norton support that it's an issue on their side, but again - I'm convinced it's on their end.

Kudos0

Hello

There is an intermittent server issue which is affecting some parts of Norton. Hopefully it will be fixed soon. Also, it only happens to some accounts. Some people are not affected by it at all.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.