• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Yahoo Not Downloading Attachments

For the last few weeks I have been unable to download from my yahoo account.  I have tried different browsers (Chrome, IE) but the same thing happens.  It says that it is "scanning" but then the download doesn't actually show up.  This is new, as I have been using yahoo's services for more than a decade and not had any problems.  Likewise, I have had Norton IS for several years all on the same computer.  While I have done searches on how to fix, all I can determine is that I think its a Norton conflict between the embedded service within yahoo and my local.  However, I cannot figure out how to disable either one to further test.  Any ideas on how to fix would be welcome.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Yahoo Not Downloading Attachments

Hi,
Please make sure you are not using any script blockers or adblockers which may cause the popup dialog box to be suppressed. If yes, add the url as exception. If that doesnt work, try restarting your browser in safemode/without addons/incognito.....
Then if that too fails, disable your Norton protection features one by one:
Disable autoprotect: Rightclick on Norton product icon on tray/notification area > Disable autoprotect > choose a time frame, preferably 15mins
Smart firewall: Repeat the above procedure, except select 'Disable smart firewall' instead of autoprotect..
Please revert everything back to previous if necessary.

What type of attachments are you trying to download?
What is your operating system?
Ping back the inferences...:-)
regards, CV | There is no ONE TOUCH KEY to security . Be alert and vigilant. . | Always have a Backup Plan!
Kudos0

Ok - here's what I've tried after reading your note, but first let me tell you what I'm running:

Browser is Chrome Version 42.0.2311.135 m, OS is Windows 7, Service Pack 1.  Trying to dowload PDF and excel.

What I've tried:

1. I don't know how to start the browser in safe mode so I didn't try that
  2. I disabled extensions - but the only one was Norton Security Toolbar
  3. Recalled the wife said something about Java being out of date.  Downloaded the newest version but evidently it isn't compatable with Chrome.  However, when i closed everything and went back, the download worked.  UNFORTUNATELY, I couldn't repeat this in Chrome or IE.  UGH - hate it when something works and then it can't be repeated.
  4. Followed through with disable of NIS settings and that didn't work either.

Any suggestions?

Kudos0

Hello

You need Adobe Reader to download and read a PDF I don't know if that works with Chrome. It works with IE 11.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit NSBU 22.17.0.183 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

That isn't the problem unfortunately - I've been able to download PDFs before and can read the ones on my computer already.

Kudos0

Hello fred

Trying to dowload PDF

I thought that is what you said in your post. What then is your problem please?

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit NSBU 22.17.0.183 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

The issue is that yahoo will not download attachments - not just PDFs, but all attachments.  I had done so previously with plenty of success but all of the sudden I cannot do it.  After reading a number of posts, my guess is that it's some sort of conflict b/t yahoo Norton and my local NIS (see original post) and response to Nikhil_CV

Kudos0

Hello

Please try turning off email scanning. I have read that Yahoo uses Norton Antivirus to scan their emails. If you are scanning them also using your Norton program, then they are getting scanned twice and that might stop attachments from coming through.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.