• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Latest Update for Win 10

Hi

In part info and a question,

Update installed as trial and had to re activate

Had restart  had to put info sign in info does not show account name but email address now ??

My account days still left and the renew, showing at bottom of gui, some people saying it shows active only ???

Thanks

Tony

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Latest Update for Win 10

Hello

My update happened just like yours did...

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.1.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

Can you post me a screenshot of what you're seeing for the subscription? That information is a bit fuzzy, and an image would help immensely. Thanks.

Tony Weiss | Norton Forums Global Community Manager | Symantec Corporation
Kudos0

Hello Tony

This is what I am seeing now for Subscription Status. In addition I now have email address on top instead of my name. This is how it is showing now with version 22.5.0.120. I believe it was the same thing as version 22.2.0.31

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.1.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

Is it just that it's new and different, or do you all see a problem here?

Kudos0

Tony_Weiss:

Is it just that it's new and different, or do you all see a problem here?

Why does mine show as Active and not the remaining days?  Why is it different on different users machines?

A little bit of knowledge is... well a little bit of knowledge.
Kudos0

Not quite sure, @Krusty13, can you show me what you mean?

Kudos0

Sure.  I used to have Days Remaining with 22.2 and earlier.

This is what it shows now.

I know previously that when it showed Active it was when we were enrolled in auto-renewal, but I am not.

Thanks,
Dave

Kudos0

What happens when you login to your Norton Account?

Kudos0

If I click the 'Active' link (or Help > Subscription Status) opens a new windows which connects to the server and shows the correct days remaining, but it's now an extra click.

Edit:  I have 1142 days remaining if that's relevant.

Kudos0

Hi, this is what i see on my Windows 8.1 machine.

File Attachment: 
Kudos0

@Krusty13 - just to back up a second, you show that ACTIVE is shown for you, and you have Automatic Renewal disabled for that subscription. Is that right? You also say that you know that ACTIVE was shown previously when Automatic Renewal was disabled. Is that also right? So I'm trying to understand what you think is different here. Thanks.

Kudos0

Tony_Weiss:

@Krusty13 - just to back up a second, you show that ACTIVE is shown for you, and you have Automatic Renewal disabled for that subscription. Is that right? You also say that you know that ACTIVE was shown previously when Automatic Renewal was disabled. Is that also right? So I'm trying to understand what you think is different here. Thanks.

Nearly.

https://community.norton.com/en/search/site/subscription%20status:%20active

With Auto-Renewal enabled the GUI showed Active, disabled showed Days Remaining.

Mine is disabled / never enabled now.

Kudos0

@Tony_Weiss I have always had Auto Renewal disabled, and my UI also shows Active only, and I have to get NS to synch with the server, before it comes back with days remaining.

Windows 10 Home X 64 Norton Security Premium Current
Kudos0

I also have always had Auto Renewal disabled, and I liked to see the remaining days promptly visible in the UI while now it just says Active and I have to go through the server check routine to have this information. I don't like this change which I consider just a useless waste of time.

Windows 7 HP SP1 32-bit | Chrome 65.0.3325.146 | NS 22.12.1.15

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.