• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Norton Security Updates Fail on Windows 10

Ever since upgrading to Windows 10, updates routinely fail for Norton Security. Restarting the PC and attempting to update a second or third time normally would allow updates that had previously failed to be installed correctly. However, today's (8/14/2015) updates aren't installing no matter what I try.  The updates that are failing are Norton Web Protection Definitions (considered to be a critical update according to Norton) and the Norton Web Protection Definitions (hub) (also marked as critical).

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton Security Updates Fail on Windows 10

Same happened to me this AM EST on W 10 but a reboot did it for me. Has never happened to me before.

Kudos0

@mmiles, Sorry for the inconvenience. I have sent you a private message with steps to collect logs. Please check it when you get a chance. 

@hok, Please let us know if you see LiveUpdate issue happens again your computer. Thanks.

Sunil_GA | Norton Forums Administrator | Symantec Corporation
Kudos0

Hello

I have seen that error, but then a few minutes later the hub downloads with a larger definition group since it has to download the whole thing instead of just the part that failed. I'm more observant of the larger download now because my C drive (SSD) on a custom built computer is getting filled up. Hard drive has turned red now. Don't want to hijack thread though.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.1.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

i had to reinstall norton internet security twice from last night live update kept failing (win 10)

Kudos0

Same thing is happening to me. I have Norton Security on this laptop. It's just the web protection definitions and the web hub. I've done the unstall / reinstall tool several times and the problem is persistent. Norton says I'm protected however. it's just these two updates that are failing.  Any help?

Windows 10

Ann in Reno

LOL.. and now your website is crashing my pleas for help.. figures.. LOL

Kudos0

I have rebooted my laptop three times over the last two hours, and the two web protection updates still refuse to install. No such error appeared on the desktop computer today, although it has had this problem many times in the last month. This issue began when I upgraded to Windows 10. And it has been a daily occurrence. Usually, one or two reboots resolves the issue. But not today! Uninstalling and reinstalling using the Norton tool won't work for me. It complains that Norton Utilities is installed and then closes.

Kudos0

@drminer, I have sent you a private message with steps to collect logs.  Please check it when you get a chance. Thanks.

Sunil_GA | Norton Forums Administrator | Symantec Corporation
Kudos0

Do you think you could send me the information as well since I'm having the same problem?  It would be appreciated..

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.