• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Windows 10- NSS latest version for W 10- It runs OK but SONAR protections fails after every reboot/restart of my PC

I have the latest version of Norton Security Suite ( Comcast).It runs OK but after rebooting my PC, the security tab becomes red and notifies that 'You Are At Risk. Your PC is not protected by SONAR advanced protection.' It gives me the option to fix but, when it is attempting to fix the issue it fails every time. I have uninstalled, installed NRT, NRnR, and other  applications suggested by gurus. I also was helped by online chat tech agents who did the necessary uninstall and install routine. I reiterate -  in the beginning the NSS starts Ok and it stays Ok  as long as the PC does not reboot. But after the PC reboots and/ or restarts, the auto run from NSS tries to run and I get the same message back again. This is an ongoing issue.

PLEASE HELP. It is very frustrating.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Windows 10- NSS latest version for W 10- It runs OK but SONAR protections fails after every reboot/restart of my PC

Hi,

I see this post is almost identical to the post you made a few days ago:

https://community.norton.com/en/comment/6645741#comment-6645741

Have you tried the suggestions that bjm_ supplied?

BTW one of them (the FIX NOW one) has been updated today.

Kudos0

Re: Windows 10- NSS latest version for W 10- It runs OK but SONAR protections fails after every reboot/restart of my PC

Hi Yank!

I did follow and tried bjm_ suggestions. Like  I said, NSS runs fine after installation.However, after PC restart ( Reboot) for one reason or the other, Advanced Sonar Protection goes haywire. FiX NOW goes into action trying to fix it and fails. That has been the story so far. Today after latest install attempt, its all green. I have not rebooted  my PC. I am scared to reboot now. But sooner or later I have to do it. This was not the case with window 7. Its definitely a windows 10 compatibility issue with Norton.

Kudos0

I really hate to ask this question as there has been some discussion in regards to it over the last week or so, but do you have Win 10 Fast start-up disabled

Depending on that setting, perhaps you could disable it and then shut down Win10 and then Boot up and see what happens.

Kudos0

I did that my friend. This is weird. Can you give some more ideas?

Kudos0

Running out of suggestions (and questions to ask?). 

Did this occur before or after the Windows update on Tuesday - not a Win 10 user - so not even sure if Win 10 updates on 2nd Tuesday of each month like other Win OS's.

What product are you using - for example, there has been past problems with Rapid Reboot and finger print readers on Lenovo models?

Kudos0

I have the Window 10 (32 Bit) and  latest version of Norton Security Suite (Comcast) aka N360. As of now, it installs alright with all tabs green as it should be. However, after my PC reboots/restarts, the Sonar protection fails. Auto Fix tries to fix but does not succeed. In the security tab it says 'You Are At Risk. Your PC is not protected by SONAR advanced protection. I have uninstalled, installed NRT, NRnR, and other applications suggested by gurus. I also was helped by online chat tech agents who did the necessary uninstall and install routine.

I will reiterate again, in the beginning the NSS starts Ok and it stays Ok for as long as my PC does not restart. But after it reboots and/ or restarts. The auto run from NSS tries to run and I get the same message back again. This is an ongoing issue.The security tab is red. All others are green. Does anyone have this issue? Can anyone help?

I had NSS on window 7 without any issue. Now I have this lingering problem.

Kudos0

I have requested the deletion of this duplicate post, as we need to keep all the info in regards to what has already been accomplished troubleshooting wise on this situation in the same thread:

https://community.norton.com/en/forums/windows-10-nss-latest-version-w-10-it-runs-ok-sonar-protections-fails-after-every

Kudos0

The fact is the the problem is not resolved.

Kudos0

Mohammed Osman:

The fact is the the problem is not resolved.

True and there are unanswered questions in the referenced thread, plus starting a new thread for the same situation, could lose l the troubleshooting done in the other thread.

Kudos0

I've posted a couple of Norton KBs here that may help  -  https://community.norton.com/en/comment/6657031#comment-6657031

A little bit of knowledge is... well a little bit of knowledge.
Kudos0

Dear friends! 

After several visits to Norton tech agents, help from forum - gurus and my own efforts,  we were able to solve this lingering issue. I removed the external USB hard drive (Seagate - 1 TB), uninstalled and then installed the NSS, ever since that My PC and NSS are coexisting peacefully. 

It was a month long effort. It seems like Norton's SONAR was looking at it as threat. Why? I have no idea. I had the same thing in Window 7 and I did not have any problem.Nobody suggested that to me. I figured that out myself by trial and error.

So this may be the solution to those struggling with these  kind of issues. Take your external HD's out  if any before doing the KB's. 

Thanks for the cooperation though, especially the Norton Chat agents.

Kudos0

Per OP's post below, this situation appears fixed:

https://community.norton.com/en/comment/6657471#comment-6657471

Kudos0

Glad to hear you got it fixed, feel free to mark your last post as the solution so others may easily see what corrected it.

BTW, have you done a scan of the external drive to see if there are any nastys on it?

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.