• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos2 Stats

Norton Toolbar extension will not be compatible with Firefox 41 ETA fix late October

Norton Community] New post in Blog: Product Update Announcements

Temporarily, the current Norton Toolbar extension will not be compatible with Firefox 41 until we release a fix.

21-Sep-2015 | 5:44PM: athena created Firefox 41 and Norton Toolbar compatibility

Hi everyone,

I wanted to make you aware of a development that may impact your ability to use the Norton Toolbar extension for Firefox. Tomorrow’s planned update of Firefox by Mozilla (version 41) will include significant changes that will impact how certain extensions are able to work with Firefox. Unfortunately, the Norton Toolbar extension will temporarily be incompatible with Firefox 41.

We have a project underway to redesign the Norton Toolbar extension for Firefox. It's a big project that requires significant time and resources, and we had to make some tough short-term decisions.

• Temporarily, the current Norton Toolbar extension will not be compatible with Firefox 41 until we release a fix. 
  • The fix will be available for the latest Norton v22.5 product version and not for older product versions.  
  • We estimate to have a new toolbar available around the end of October 2015 focusing on web protection features like Norton Safe Web. We expect to restore the remaining toolbar functionality at a later release. 

In the meantime, here are a few options to stay protected when you surf the web:

• Consider using another browser. Norton extensions are available for Google Chrome or Microsoft Internet Explorer.
  • Consider delaying the use of Firefox 41.  If you have already updated to Firefox 41, consider downgrading to Firefox 40.  If you are using Firefox 40 or earlier - delay updating Firefox to version 41. More information on this is coming shortly.
  • Consider using Norton Connect Safe (see specific configuration instructions here). Norton ConnectSafe can only block unsafe sites and will not provide other functionality available on the Norton Toolbar, like Identity Safe and Safe Search. 

For Identity Safe users on Firefox, you can:

• Use the Identity Safe screen from within your Norton product.  From this screen you can view your logins and copy/paste your usernames and passwords.  You can also access your address and wallet items.
  • If you use an online Identity Safe vault, access it in Firefox from https://identitysafe.norton.com

We apologize for the inconvenience in the short term. In the long term, we are certain this is the right approach to offer a most robust solution with the top level security Norton products always provide.

Some of you may wonder why Norton cannot provide zero-day support as it used to. Up to this point, Norton has used a Mozilla technology called ‘binary XPCOM’, to establish secure communication between the Norton product and Norton’s extension for Firefox. We chose this originally because it was the best way to provide the most secure communication and at the same time offer the best user experience for customers. Since this Mozilla technology will not be available anymore, we have to make significant changes to our design and implementation to provide the current functionality with equal level of security. It is a big effort since there are many components of our extension that need to be re-written. More updates to come closer to the fix.

Replies

Kudos1 Stats

Re: Norton Toolbar extension will not be compatible with Firefox 41 ETA fix late October

Hi LinYu2,

You got it correct  It seems too many folks are "just glancing at"   posts explaining what is going to happen and are not comprehending the info as well as you have!.

Soon?   Be very careful, soon is relative!

Kudos1 Stats

Re: Norton Toolbar extension will not be compatible with Firefox 41 ETA fix late October

Thanks, yank. That's some relief!... :)

As to how relative "soon" is, yeah, you're very right!... That's why I added, it's never too soon... To be honest, I hope it happens tomorrow. But I'm afraid it may come closer to year's end. I mean, kind of like a Christmas gift ... :))

Cheers!

Kudos2 Stats

jbwnor:
I'm running NIS 21.7.0.11 (2014), and I thought it was the last NIS. So can you tell me if the the NIS 22.5.4.24 still supports Windows XP on up?

Hi jbwnor:

Norton v22.x products should run on a Win XP machine as long as the system meets the minimum hardware requirements - a hard drive formatted with the NTFS file system and a CPU that supports SSE2 instructions.  Please see Rag's thread XP Shutdown Problem for instructions on how to check the hardware specs of your computer.

NIS v22.5 and NS v22.5 both use the same v22 engine and have similar features and user interfaces.  The greatest difference is in the user license.  With NIS v22, the typical 3-PC 1-Year license means that you can only install NIS on a max of 3 Windows PCs.  The Norton Security (NS) license is multi-device (i.e., for PC, Mac, Android and iOS devices) and comes in Standard (one device), Deluxe (max. of 5 devices) and Premium versions (max of 10 devices and includes Norton Backup).  There is a product comparison chart at http://us.norton.com/norton-security-antivirus showing the different features of the various NS licenses.
-------------
32-bit Vista Home Premium SP2 * Firefox v42.0 * NIS (2014) v21.7.0.11 * MBAM Premium v2.2.0

Kudos0

So the patch doesn't fix the Identity Safe issue in FF 41 or 42, so what was the point.  Oh, I know;  to fix it in Firefox 40 so it DOESN'T WORK there either.   Thanks Norton - NOT!

Kudos0

thanks yank but for some reason it doesnt work on my side of FF.It works fine in chrome but not in FF. 

Kudos0

Imacri, Thanks so much for your help. Everybody running Norton Internet Security or Norton 360... There is Version 22 of these products, like Norton Security that started at V22 (I think). Norton toolbar fix, etc. is only being added to the V22 versions as I understand it. I just posted this to make sure everybody is aware, and not thinking, like I was, that their NIS V21 and N360 V21 are the highest available for their current and older keys. Seems that we can move up to V22 of NIS and N360 and be included in the fixes. If this is already known by everrybody, please excuse my post(s), but this info has made my year, since my old keys will still more ahead. THANKS iMACRI, for your help, AGAIN!
Kudos0

Hello jbwnor

If you are running versions 18, 19,20, or 21 or 22.xx below 22.5, you can upgrade to version 22.5.4.24 if you have a current subscription by going to the Upgrade Center. Once your subscription is up, then you would have to buy a new key and plug that into your program. There might be still some issues that need to be fixed if you are running XP. If you get a new computer during this time, then your license cam be moved to the new computer by using management. com site provided you have that feature turned on and that you can use an Admin user Account.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit NSBU 22.17.0.183 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

Thanks for the help, but something else strange... I always used download at www.norton.com/latestnis so I could execute it offline, but... I'm just wondering if anybody has any idea why the NIS V21 I had previously downloaded several months ago from www.norton.com/latestnis (21.5.0.19) was 58.1 MB, but the V22 there now (22.5.4.24) is 128 MB? And NIS V20 that I had downloaded there long before was 50 MB. Any idea why V22 is huge - 128MB over double previous size? Thanks!
Kudos0

It comes with virus definitions included... possibly.

A little bit of knowledge is... well a little bit of knowledge.
Kudos0

The suggestion offered by Krusty13 on Nov. 3, 2015 about Privacy Settings seems to work in bringing the New Norton Tool Bar into the browser.  Firefox v 42.0, Windows Vista, Norton 360.

The Add-Ons tab still does not show/list any Norton Toolbar, although now appearing in the toolbar region.

Kudos0

Identity Safe can be started from the NTB 3 dots drop down menu, however it won't autofill in FF40.  Does it autofill in FF41 or 42?

Kudos0

Krusty13, please clarify which toolbar you have back?  Is it the new 2015.5.6.76 partial function version, or the previous full function version where Identity Safe works in FF 40?

Kudos0

Yes, it is the partially working 2015.5.6.76.  No Vault, no auto-fill.

Kudos0

transmissiondr:

Krusty13, please clarify which toolbar you have back?  Is it the new 2015.5.6.76 partial function version, or the previous full function version where Identity Safe works in FF 40?

I'm not Krusty13, but the Norton Toolbar 2015.5.6.76, which will not appear LISTED in the Add-Ons tab of Firefox, does appear in Firefox version 42.0, if user follows the settings which Krusty13 showed in the forum posting.  

Bringing - up another combination question:  Why this new norton toolbar has no listings anywhere on the computer?  Not listed in the Add-Ons tab of Firefox, not listed as an Extension in Firefox, not shown in Windows Programs & Features list, yet the toolbar can be made to appear working in the tool area of the Firefox Browser?  Meanwhile, Norton ID Safe does NOT work in Firefox but is listed in the Add-Ons list?

Kudos0

Not sure if I understand the previous post correctly.

But...

The Norton Toolbar for Firefox is stored here;

Press the Windows key & R

Type %appdata%\mozilla\firefox\Profiles and click OK

Double click the xxxxxx.default folder to open it

Double click the jetpack folder to open it

You should find a long file name of random numbers and letters. That is the Norton Toolbar location afaik.

For Internet Explorer on a 64-bit operating system;

Look here C:\Program Files (x86)\Norton Security\MUI\22.5.4.24\09\01\coUICtlr.loc 

the build number (22.5.4.24) might vary depending on the version you first installed. However I might be wrong and it could be the current Norton product version number which is 22.5.4.24

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Norton Security v.22.17.x
Kudos0

Just a recap.

I'm running FF 42.0.  NIS is at 2015.5.6.76

The NTB toolbar shows up only after opening a second FF window.

NIS is MIA ...... with no known return date.

And Norton is telling us to use a different browser.  

Have I missed anything?    

What did I pay for again?

Kudos0

I think we can declare this toolbar a misfire (please don't bother posting to me about how it's a "work in progress"). It should've stayed in testing a bit longer. I've had several problems with the toolbar doing odd things. https://community.norton.com/en/forums/norton-toolbar-20155676-white-lineload

It's definitely not on par with the Norton Toolbar for Firefox 40 and older. Or even the Internet Explorer Norton Toolbar is better than this 2015.5.6.76 toolbar. There's a definite delay in the toolbar showing up. I've observed a random "X" that closes the toolbar appear now and then. When I open a new window with one already open I see an "X" appear on the first window and then disappear. There's a delay in blocking malicious websites too. If you find a malicious site and click the link it takes 5 - 10 seconds before the Norton Toolbar blocks the page with a warning message. No it's not my Firefox or PC because Internet Explorer's warning page is lightning fast. But I've already said that in the link above. I've made peace with the silly fr*cken white line and the extra vertical line separators. It looks like po* and that's okay.

By the way the toolbar shows up for me without issue (besides that delay). But perhaps I'm not using the setting that's making it go wonky for others.

screenshots;

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Norton Security v.22.17.x
Kudos0

Indeed, what did we pay for - not what we are getting right now!  I love using Firefox, IE (or Edge now that I've upgraded) is crap and Chrome is slow, FF is what I can rely on and I am sticking with that.  Now that I have LastPass taking care of my passwords I don't miss the vault, I have 16 days left of my Norton subscription and that'll be it for me. 

Kaspersky now has a password manager, I think I'm sold on them.

Kudos0

Hello

What should be important with a security program is how well it does with security. Have you gotten any malware with Norton during the time that FF seems not to work? A security suite is about keeping your computer safe from malware. In Windows 10, you can still use IE, you don't have to use Edge. Edge is just starting to get some development now. It should not have even been released yet as a major operating system. Norton is still protecting you even if you have to use IE or Chrome. Let's remember that Mozilla is the one who keeps coming out with these updates. that breaks other programs.

Kaspersky may work now with Firefox 42, but what is the security record like? Does it have a usable Forum?

Thanks-----Time for bed....

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit NSBU 22.17.0.183 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos1 Stats

Flo wrote-----Kaspersky may work now with Firefox 42, but what is the security record like? Does it have a usable Forum?

Yep !   http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showforum=4

Windows 10 Home X 64 Norton Security Premium Current
Kudos0

Flo said:

Let's remember that Mozilla is the one who keeps coming out with these updates. that breaks other programs.

Indeed, but let's not loose sight of what reality is in the business world, my dear.  Mozilla and Symantec are NOT competitors. Should this be the case and we would all agree with such statement. The fact is, they are in different fields, using mostly the same class of consumers. What prevents the "senior" Symantec from engaging in a constructive dialogue with the "rookie" (relatively speaking) in order to better coordinate their efforts and still respect each others' schedules and business plans? What, for heavens sake???...

This an old and ongoing issue. In good conscience, I cannot blame Mozilla for pursuing their legitimate projects. And if some other party gets inconvenienced by such practice, it's their responsibility to engage in conversations with Mozilla for the sake of their common client's interests. Or am I missing something here?

Please forgive me for being so blunt, but in my humble view, Symantec is loosing badly. If not in their ultimate real interests (which I don't know), at least in the PR grounds for the foreseeable future. My pain derives mainly from being an old, loyal Mozilla user, and also an even older and equally loyal customer of Symantec's.

Symantec had a basic, fundamental business obligation that it seems to have neglected for too long -- coordinating much better with Mozilla and/or being much more upfront in keeping its customers abreast of its own shortcomings and of the efforts it's certainly taking (and we wish to keep believing it is, no matter all the signs that point in the opposite direction) to overcome them.

If I'm wrong or if I'm being unfair, I hereby submit my immediate apologies.

LinYu

Kudos0

The new Phase 1 Norton Toolbar for Firefox does seem to do odd things when you open the first Firefox window.

This thread mentions a problem if the Firefox Privacy option 'Always use private browsing mode' is ticked.

This thread:

https://community.norton.com/en/forums/problem-norton-identity-safe-20155676

mentions another problem if NoScript is present.

Out of curiosity I wondered what happened if the Firefox Privacy option 'Always use private browsing mode' is ticked and you are also using NoScript. It turns out that you then need to open three Firefox windows!

1) When you open the first Firefox window the Norton Toolbar is not visible.

2) When you open a second Firefox window the Norton toolbar is visible but it has the problems described in the first post on the thread referenced above.

3) When you open a third Firefox window you finally get the Norton Toolbar with the functionality that is supposed to work in Phase 1.

When are we likely to get a version of the Norton Toolbar that works when you open the first Firefox window if you are a user that is concerned about security/privacy (which I suspect that many Norton customers are) and are using private browsing and NoScript? This would be appreciated by those customers that want to use the Phase 1 Norton Toolbar and are getting fed up of having to open two or three Firefox windows to make it work.

In the meantime please could we have a pinned post at the top of this section of the forum that documents the known problems with the Phase 1 Norton Toolbar and any known workarounds.

Kudos0

Hello Snowman

I'll see what I can do about getting such a pinned Announcement. I  am guessing I will be told to start a thread so those who have issues with Phase 1 can post them in a separate thread and then once Symantec is made aware of the issues, then they can perhaps come up with something. I have made a request to Symantec/Norton concerning your wish for such an Announcement.

Thanks.

Kudos0

The latest Phase 1 Norton Toolbar 2015.5.6.86 has now been released.

The announcement at:

https://community.norton.com/en/blogs/product-update-announcements/firefox-43-limited-compatibility-norton-toolbar

claims that web-protection functionalities are enabled.

It also has a section on 'Known issues' that fails to mention the problems described above (which still exist).

Does this mean that these issues with Phase 1 Norton Toolbar 2015.5.6.86 do not exist as far as Norton is concerned?

Surely Norton do not intend to totally ignore these issues or defer addressing them until the Phase 2 Norton Toolbar is released (which seems to be many months away...)?

Kudos0

Snowman1:  Surely Norton do not intend to totally ignore these issues or defer addressing them until the Phase 2 Norton Toolbar is released (which seems to be many months away...)?

Hello Snowman1,
My two cents for what's it's worth.   We'll have to wait and see....

As far as Firefox is concerned, 2016 will be a critical year for the browser. Mozilla plans to launch Electrolysis, the multi-process architecture in 2016 which will likely disrupt Firefox's add-on landscape significantly.  [....]

What is clear however is that 2016 will be a deciding year for Mozilla and the Firefox web browser. It s difficult to predict whether the announced changes will impact the browser's user base positively or negatively.
While most additions sound good on paper, they will likely render some add-ons incompatible with the new version of the browser and that may in turn convince some users to migrate to another browser.

http://www.ghacks.net/2015/12/09/mozilla-will-ship-rust-code-and-servo-components-in-firefox-in-2016/

Kudos0

There is still no sign of:

a) A pinned post at the top of this section of the forum that documents the known problems with the Phase 1 Norton Toolbar and any known workarounds.

b) Any statement from Norton about when these issues with the Phase 1 Norton Toolbar will be fixed.

Kudos0

Disappointment...

Is it the proper word?

Happy New Year, everyone!

Kudos0

Hello Snowman

The only problems which I have seen listed for phase 1 is that some customers could not download the latest version of the Toolbar. Those users were told to PM Mohan for instructions.  This information is given on this site.

https://community.norton.com/en/blogs/product-update-announcements/firefox-43-limited-compatibility-norton-toolbar  This information has been edited on Dec 23rd, 2015.

Thanks.

Kudos0

Hello again floplot - Happy New Year.

To expand on my brief post of 6th Jan...

I think that the Phase 1 Norton Toolbar was released on 3rd November.

On the very first day there were two problems reported:

1) A problem if 'Always use private browsing mode' was enabled:

https://community.norton.com/en/comment/6746321#comment-6746321

2) A problem if NoScript was being used:

https://community.norton.com/en/forums/problem-norton-identity-safe-20155676

https://community.norton.com/en/forums/safe-search-not-shown-new-toolbar

Some more information subsequently came to light relating to the second problem:

a) The same (or very similar) problem has been observed even if you don't use NoScript:

https://community.norton.com/en/forums/norton-toolbar-doesnt-work-firefox

b) The errors logged in the browser console are associated with nortonidentitysafeaddon (not another add-on).

https://community.norton.com/en/comment/6758141#comment-6758141

c) I have just found this support article (last modified 01/01/2016):

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v115998338_EndUserProfile_en_us

This describes the second Firefox window temporary workaround, however:
- It doesn't say what Norton plan to do about resolving the problem.
- It doesn't mention that a similar problem can arise even if you don't use NoScript.
- If 'Always use private browsing mode' was enabled then you actually need to open a third Firefox window!

I haven't yet noticed a similar support article about the 'Always use private browsing mode' problem.

On 9th Dec you said that you would look into getting a pinned announcement:

https://community.norton.com/en/comment/6805591#comment-6805591

Did anything happen regarding this?

Kudos1 Stats

Hello @athena

Snowman in the post above has listed some existing issues with the new phase 1 which was released in the beginning of last Nov.  I realize that you are busy working on the rest of the Norton Toolbar for Firefox. Snowman, and other users of Firefox would like you to become aware of some of the issues about phase 1. They are interested in knowing if these issues are being worked on presently and if so, is there any estimate of time when these issues will be fixed.  Do you need any additional information from users like Snowman to make the necessary corrections? Thanks.

Kudos0

Welcome Norton to the real world as you see your brand and reputation go down the tubes.  For decades IT has strutted around believing they were special, untouched by realities.  Promises were made and broken.  I don't put all the blame on Norton but on the arrogance of both Norton and Mozilla and their inability to realise a browser does not work without good protection.  Shame!  I'm not sure if the Norton Fighters (what an aggressive label) are Norton employees but the lack of humility and openness is destroying both customer trust and the brand.  Has anyone at Norton used their own products (in the old days it was called eating your own dog food)?  Can someone give Norton's customers an honest answer as to when IDS will work as it did in the past?  Does anyone know of a better product out there?

Kudos0

I agreement with oberkele I have just seen that "Scans Facebook and other sites for suspicious links." is still listed as part of Norton. This was removed some time ago and to me sums up the whole mess the product has got into. Many years ago I used Norton, along with PC Tools. Both did different jobs and well.

But the more Norton was integrated into Symantec the more bloated and worse it got. They then took over PC Tools and rapidly that went downhill (PC Tools did on 2-3 floppy dicks what Norton need a CD to do poorly!) into bloat and bugs. I moved on to other products for many years.

Some  years ago there was a real change, Norton was transformed and the company improved. The product became a lightweight low resource lean product and many of us moved back. Now we are getting back into the old poor company, the mess over the password manager is but a symptom of this. The forcing users to adopt an on line Vault was again part of this.

Its been a problem with Firefox for years that it changed all the time, all this time it was clear that a fundamental relook at how the toolbar was programed was needed but this was ignored in place of the monthly panic when a new Firefox build was produced. Now we have an element, one I admit I didn’t use much, removed, the ability to scan Facebook, but which is still prominently listed as one of the elements  of Norton.

The Fighters are in an imposable position, they have been abandoned to deal  with the few who get as far as here . There was irregular contribution by employee’s when things went wrong, not now I expect they no longer exist! The Fighters, yes it’s a poor name, can only repeat what little they are told on the forum and from there experience.  

I am dyslexic; I also have 178 days left of my subscription. I am using workarounds to do what as others have said is something I paid Norton to do. As my time runs out I will be looking to move unless the product/support  worsens even more, when I will go earlier,  as I am losing trust in the product again!

Kudos0

If Norton doesn't work with Firefox then I have no use for Norton.  I have used Norton for more years than I can remember but the last few years it has gone downhill.  I will move on to another Antivirus/Internet security product that does work with Firefox.  There are several replacements for Identity Safe;  I am looking at Dashlane 3, Lastpass 3.0, and Sticky Password.

Kudos0

Ntracker: There are several replacements for Identity Safe;  I am looking at Dashlane 3, Lastpass 3.0, and Sticky Password.

https://lastpass.com/lastpassfour/ 

Kudos0

Alright, but...

1 - We are not getting what we paid for, and this goes on for how many months, now? Is there any remedy for this loss of use with no fault on the users part? Not even an apology?

2 - LastPass looks like an appealing alternative, but... Isn't it a cloud located application?

So sad!

Kudos0

LinYu2:

1 - Not even an apology?
2 - LastPass looks like an appealing alternative, but... Isn't it a cloud located application?

1- Sorry!
2- Use Firefox Password Manager with Master Password for Local Vault.
Use KeePass Password Safe with KeePass Plugins and Extensions for Local Vault.

Kudos0

bjm, is KeePass the best for a Local Vault? I, too, like the LastPass reviews but am not ready for an online vault..yet.

If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is!
Kudos0

MPSAN: bjm, is KeePass the best for a Local Vault? I, too, like the LastPass reviews but am not ready for an online vault..yet.

Well, fwiw.  I run KeePass.  I don't need storage for items in my wallet.  I just need convenient storage for login creds.    KeePass may be too vanilla for some.  Works for me.  I'll maintain persistent login cookies for non-sensitive sites. 

Kudos0

Great, and is using it for Bank Logins OK too?

Kudos0

MPSAN:  Great, and is using it for Bank Logins OK too?

Yeah, that's when I'll open KeePass.... for sensitive sites.   Sites, I'm sensitive about. 

Non-sensitive.... e.g., Norton Community.  I'm always Logged In.  So, no need to open KeePass. 

Kudos0

Great, I will look into it. I saw that they just released an update v2.31. Is there a toolbar so it opens when you go to your bank? I assume this is good for FireFox as that is what all the commotion is about here!  

Kudos0

Hello MPSAN

Please see this link. I found it in a Google Search. Don't know if newest version has been approved by Firefox. Perhaps this link will tell you.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/tag/keepass

Thanks.

Kudos0

MPSAN:  Great, I will look into it. I saw that they just released an update v2.31. Is there a toolbar so it opens when you go to your bank? I assume this is good for FireFox as that is what all the commotion is about here! 

KeePass is a password manager.  There's no Toolbar like Norton.  KeePass employs navigation area Icon.   Same as LastPass employs navigation area Icon.   
Where you store credentials is personal preference.  Regardless of where your creds are stored.  When password manager is open...it's open.  KeePass may be too vanilla for you.  LastPass may be more user friendly for you.    LastPass has cross browser installer.  KeePass needs browser extension.

Kudos0

I also just saw that KeePass has a portable version so I can just try it without it installing anything. Can I import my ID Safe data?

Kudos0

MPSAN: I also just saw that KeePass has a portable version so I can just try it without it installing anything. Can I import my ID Safe data?

let me know.... Thanks 

Kudos0

A ray of hope?...

For all those, such as myself, who may have been thinking otherwise, it’s a pleasure to be reassured that Norton is still alive and well, after all…

For the second day in a row my Win-10 desktop is being fed this popup banner, as if to say they are still rumbling strongly about the feature I was prepared to declare a MIA…

I was wrong. And ain’t that something?...

Athena wrote on September 9, 2015: “More updates to come closer to the fix.” 

Well, this unusual popup (don't remember ever receiving one from Norton before) does not seem to qualify as an update of any sort, but, hey, at least it shows they are still kicking!

(And apparently still working on mending the Vault…   )

Kudos0

I get backup popup, but no way of closing the thing other than reboot. Rather than being pleased its leading me to uninstall Norton. We paid for a program that shold help stop popups NOT create them!!!

Kudos0

Just curious, but has anyone used the built-in password manager in FF. It says it stores your login and password data on you local drive and it is encrypted and can be protected with a master password so is protected from unauthorized access. Sounds just like Norton's Local vault.

Jim

Kudos0

No, but:

Passwords

• Remember passwords for sites: Firefox can securely save passwords you enter in web forms to make it easier to log on to websites. Clear this checkbox to prevent Firefox from remembering your passwords.
    • Even with this checked, however, you'll still be asked whether to save passwords for a site when you first visit it. If you select Never for This Site, that site will be added to an exceptions list. To access that list or to remove sites from it, click the Exceptions… button.
  • Use a master password: Firefox can protect sensitive information such as saved passwords and certificates by encrypting them using a master password. If you create a master password, each time you start Firefox, it will ask you to enter the password the first time it needs to access a certificate or stored password. You can set, change, or remove the master password by checking or unchecking this optionpreference or by clicking the Change Master Password… button. If a master password is already set, you will need to enter it in order to change or remove the master password.
  • You can manage saved passwords and delete individual passwords by clicking the Saved Passwords… button.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/security-and-passwords-settings

Who wants to have to enter a password every time you open FF?

Kudos0

Hello PhoneMan

There are posts in this part of the Forum with some customers saying that they have used the Firefox one.

Thanks.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.