• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Bad Norton Identity Safe 2015.5.6.86 and 76 Update

Norton Identity Safe toolbar works fine with update .22.

Then Norton forces an update .76 or 86 the breaks the toolbar on Firefox 40.

I then have to uninstall Norton completely and reinstall and the toolbar will work again.

How do  stop the bad updates?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Bad Norton Identity Safe 2015.5.6.86 and 76 Update

Please see this Norton Toolbar and Firefox compatibility announcement.

https://community.norton.com/en/forums/firefox-41-and-norton-toolbar-com...

It is not bad updates, but the fact that Firefox changed the rules for add ons. Norton is now redesigning the toolbar to be compatible.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

A reinstall and download of .22 on firefox 40, and the toolbar works. When .86 installs its broken. How do I stop the updates that don't work? I don't care about the firefox 41 issues. I have .40 and it works with .22.
Kudos0

I take it you are installing or reinstalling Norton from an older download you already have on your system. That is how you would be getting the earlier toolbar version.

The only way to stop the toolbar from updating would be to turn off the automatic LiveUpdate for your Norton product. The downside is that you would also be disabling the security updates for your Norton product, possibly leaving your system vulnerable to new malware attacks.

Kudos0

The Version is:

Norton Internet Security Online 22.5.2.15

Norton Toolbar 2015.5.2.22

Comcast Download.

I have turned off the automatic live update to test the theory of keeping my Norton Toolbar 2015.5.2.22 on Firefox 40.

Kudos0

Just remember you also do not get the latest protection updates.

Kudos0

To fix this, all Norton would have to do is remove the Updates causing the problem.

Norton Identity Safe 2015.5.6.86 and 76 Updates

Kudos0

The updates that have been released are the first phase of the Toolbar rewrite. They give the web protection and safe web indications on searches. There is no reason Norton would want to roll things back to give no toolbar protection.

Kudos0

can someone from norton please give a update on the identity safe progress it has been months now i look after 12 computers for family and friends and have only used norton on them for over 10 years last week i used a different product on one of them i know one user is not important to you but would be nice if it got fixed in the next 133 days before my last one runs out i know that seems to be asking a lot but we can hope

Kudos0

Norton does not like to try to give a specific target date for the release of any of its software. The reason being that if something goes sideways in the development process, the date has to be pushed back. This often upsets people more than not knowing.

Best to wait until the job is done properly than to have a faulty update sent out.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.