• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

www.advancedpccare.net is Blocked

Hi,

Our website www. advancedpccare .net is blocked by Norton Safe Web previously. Norton Detected a suspicious file on this website and that file is removed immediately by us but the website is still blocked.

https://safeweb.norton.com/report/show_mobile?url=advancedpccare.net

Please revise the status of this website.

Thanks & Regards,

Alex Turner

Replies

Kudos1 Stats

Re: www.advancedpccare.net is Blocked

1. the official download has been detected as PUP related infection:

2. Potentially misleading information was also detected:

(Norton SECURED?)

PUP Hunter PRO: Just TRYING to save the world (U) from cyber threats, A single blog post, at a time, and ONCE & FOR ALL. (A fan of Nadia_Kovacs)
Kudos0

Hi,

We are not misguiding anyone. We do have a Norton Secure Seal for the website but the subscription is expired recently. Thanks for letting us know about that. The Norton Secure Seal subscription will be renewed soon. Meanwhile we are removing this Norton Secure Seal from the website and product.

Regards,

Alex Turner

Accepted Solution
Kudos0

Kudos0

Hello

It looks like there is a conflict here. File Insight removed the program, yet, Safe Web found it clean. It can't get be both ways unless the file was sent in as a false positive to get changed to a clean file. File Insight is going along with what 20750065 reports it to be.

Sorry, but I have to submit this to Safe Web for a re-evaluation.

Please register with Safe Web and post your html file in your next post. After ownership gets verified, then the site will be re-evaluated.

Please follow instructions on this site for Safe Web Site problems.

http://safeweb.norton.com/help/site_owners

Once you post your html file, I can submit the site to the Safe Web Team.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.1.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

floplot:

It looks like there is a conflict here. File Insight removed the program, yet, Safe Web found it clean. It can't get be both ways unless the file was sent in as a false positive to get changed to a clean file.

I am not certain that a PUP would cause a website to be listed as unsafe.  PUPs are not technically malicious, and as long as the download is voluntary and initiated by the visitor, there may be some question as to whether access to the site should be blocked.

Kudos0

The file is safe I guess, does not show any bad characteristics of threat. Done by thor APT. Strangely they are using Microsoft technologies, on that I have nothing to say. Since 5 years I am not using such utilities. Systems working perfectly.

Hats off to Norton Security/Utilities clean up and optimize disk. Today missing my SystemWorks from Norton. It was a great piece of software.

Windows 10 Home (Acer OEM) x64; Intel Core i5 6th Gen, Kingston 12GB RAM (1600), Kingston 120GB SSD, 1TB WD Hard-Disk, NVIDIA 920M Graphics Card
Kudos0

Considering how many sites on Google there are to remove the malw.... errrr advanced pc care, I'd be a bit concerned about it's legitimacy. I know bleepingcomputer does not recommend it and Malwarebytes refuses to unlist the program even though they've been asked to. I'm with Malwarebytes on this one:  https://forums.malwarebytes.org/topic/184640-false-positive-advanced-pc-care/

Kudos0

Hello

I'll let the Safe Web Team decide if it should be blocked or not. I have seen times  when PUP's do cause a site to be blocked. Regardless, there is still a conflict between File Insight and Safe Web. Safe Web isn't around on the weekends.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.1.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.