Norton 22.7.1 Product Update available now
[Update on 14-September-2016: A Norton product update has been released via LiveUpdate to Fix an issue where the Norton Toolbar does not block the URL when an unsafe EXE file is downloaded. This update also contains minor changes for the Firewall alerts. This patch targets all 22.7.1 layouts which requires a reboot in Windows XP and Windows Vista and No reboot required in Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 10 AU and will not change the product version. It will appear in LiveUpdate and History as "NS/NSBU/NIS/NAV/N360 Product Update”]
[Update on 9-September-2016: A Norton product HOTFIX has been released via LiveUpdate to fix the 'Computer no longer goes into sleep mode' issue and the 'Norton Insight fails to run' issue . This patch targets all 22.7.1 layouts which requires a reboot in all operating systems and will not change the product version. It will appear in LiveUpdate and History as "NS/NSBU/NIS/NAV/N360 Product Update"]
Norton Security 188.8.131.52 is now available via LiveUpdate. As with our previous updates, this version is being released in a phased manner in all supported languages. To download this update, simply run LiveUpdate.
This update is available for the following Norton products:
- Norton Security (Standard, Deluxe, Premium)
- Norton Security with Backup
- Norton Internet Security
- Norton 360
- Norton Antivirus
- Comcast Norton Security Suite
To verify you have the update, launch the Main User Interface, click on Help, and select About.
The FAQs below answer some common questions:
What is the version number for this patch?
- The version number is 184.108.40.206. This update is currently available via LiveUpdate only.
When will I receive the patch?
- As is our standard practice, we are deploying the patch in a phased manner. We have released the patch to randomly selected customers, and will then monitor our telemetry, as well as this forum, for any problems or issues. Once we have confirmed the effectiveness of the patch, we will make it available to all customers. We will post an update on the Norton Community Forums when we make the patch available to all customers.
How can I manually install these patches?
- This patch is only available via LiveUpdate, and is being released in a phased manner.
I see the engine for this version on my system, but my product hasn't updated. What's wrong?
- Nothing is wrong; that's how our updates are distributed for the phased approach. The update comes in two parts, and most people will get the engine. Both parts together will get your product updated. You may need to run LiveUpdate and reboot a few times before your product is completely updated to the latest version.
What are the changes in this release?
Below are the changes and fixes included in Norton products version 22.7.1:
- Fixed an issue where customers attempting to access product Help [?] on GUI are taken to SSO login page instead of help document when customers are logged out of Norton Account
- Fixed an issue where Norton blocks Trusteer Rapport Endpoint Protection
- Fixed an issue where Error 3035,6 occurs after upgrading from WIN 8.1 to WIN 10 TH2
- Fixed an issue where 3038,104 occurs after upgrading to 22.7 build 76
- Fixed an issue where 'Error: You Are At Risk. Your PC is not automatically protected from viruses,spyware, and other risks Appears after upgrading to 22.7
- Fixed an issue where CPU usage spikes to 100% while running full system scan on a SSD.
- Fixed an issue where full system scan does not complete after upgrade to 22.7
- Fixed an issue where Auto-Protect is still turned-off after applying the 22.7 Hotfix
- Fixed an issue where Boot Time Protection is grayed out after upgrade to 22.7
- Fixed an issue where the Safeweb Annotations were not showing up in Google Chrome and Internet Explorer
- Fixed an issue where Safeweb Annotations not showing up while using Yahoo search in Google Chrome
- Fixed an issue where Safeweb Annotations disappear when going to 2nd page of the search
- Fixed an issue where Safeweb Annotations are not showing up in BING search results when searched from MSN.com
- Other minor fixes
- This patch does not require a reboot for Windows 7, 8, 10
- This patch requires a reboot for Windows XP and Vista