• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Current Product Name?

I used NIS for years, and upgraded to NIS with Backup last year.  My subscription expires in about 40 days, and I'm trying to determine whether I should buy a new version or just update the subscription when it expires.  But it seems everything has been renamed.  Apparently here's Standard, Deluxe, Premium and even Elite.  Which one of these guys corresponds to my good old NIS with Backup?

Labels: Subscription

Replies

Accepted Solution
Kudos0

Re: Current Product Name?

There is no NIS (Norton Internet Security) with a backup feature. What you are probably referring to is the new product line Norton Security (NS) with Backup. This product has been renamed Norton Security Premium.

One thing to note is that if you Renew your product with Norton, you may pay more than if you purchase a new copy of NS either from Norton or another reputable retailer. Shop around for the best price.

If purchasing a new copy directly from Norton, your new subscription time starts at the time of purchase. So any remaining days on the old subscription will be lost. You can contact Norton Support via online chat and they should add the remaining days to your new subscription.

If you purchase from another retailer, you will lose any remaining time on your current subscription when you enter the product key. Again you can contact support to ask for the remaining days be added.

www.norton.com/chat

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

That's what I needed to know.  Thanks.

Kudos0

Kudos0

My 2 year subscription to NIS expires in 6 days and I was shocked at the price they are asking now. $135 versus $55 that I paid 2 years ago.

And if NIS is no longer available, what in the world am I buying?

File Attachment: 
Kudos0

You can find great deals on Amazon and Newegg. Just buy the download versions. They send you a license key. That is all you need. Then download your product from Norton.com and insert your key. I bought NS for $19 on Amazon. 

Kudos0

I bought Norton Security Premium for 10 devices for $79.00 at Frys online a couple weeks ago, and it had a $40 rebate for purchases between  Oct 30th and Nov 5th. That rebate has expired, but they will likely have another one later.  

Kudos0

Hello Son of Pitiful

If you have any days left over from  your previous subscription, if you have installed your new Norton Security Premium, you can have a chat with Customer Support and get the remaining days added onto your new subscription.

www.norton.com/chat  

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.18.0.213 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.