• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Number of devices different on My Devices and My Services

Hello,

I just added Norton to a 4th device.

In My Norton, the My Services section now shows 4 of 5 seats used, which is correct.

However, the My Devices section only shows the 3 old devices. Why?

Thanks

Henriette

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Number of devices different on My Devices and My Services

Not sure this will help you out, but ensure you have Settings > Administrative Settings > Remote Management enabled on the last device you installed Norton on.

Kudos0

Hello

You can also go to Help > Subscription Status.  It usually takes a little while for the Device section to catch up with the Services section. Please restart the newest device and see if that will kick up the Services part.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.18.0.213 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

Hello, Thanks to Yank and Floplot for the suggestions. It did not help.

Yesterday, the 4th device suddenly showed up. However, it said that it was running a TRIAL version of the software. Trying to enter the New Key, it did not take it. As for the 5th computer, added after my first post, it does not show at all, whatever we do.

The 5 devices (two pc's on Windows 8.1, two on Windows 10 plus my Mobile) ALL show that we are running the latest version of the product, and that we have 370 days left on our subscription, which is correct.

I do realize that I am not speaking to Norton here, but, user to user, the bottom line is that we do not need the aggravation. In addition to all the time spent since we renewed, we spent our whole Sunday afternoon installing, and de-installing, and removing licenses and devices,  and re-adding them, and turning on and off various administrative settings, restarting the computers, re-logging on to see if anything changed, to no avail. 

I can think of better things to do. My husband and I are retired software engineers, and we spent 35 years fixing other people problems. Now, we only want to use software that works the way it is expected to. This problem already existed last year, Norton knows it, and nothing was done to fix it.

So, if Norton cannot even keep their own website in sync, why should we trust them with all the rest?

I have turned off my automatic renewal, and will look for something else before the times come.

Thank you for your help.

Henriette

Kudos0

I have turned off my automatic renewal, and will look for something else before the times come.

Sorry about that, Henriette.

In addition to turning off the automatic renewal, for peace of mind, you should also remove your credit card info from your Account to avoid any possible misunderstandings.

All the best.

Windows 7 HP SP1 32-bit | Chrome 65.0.3325.146 | NS 22.12.1.15
Kudos0

Thanks for the suggestion. All done, billing info deleted.

Regards,

Henriette

Kudos0

Hello HDD

If you would like to, you can try Customer Support.  You can use this link.

www.norton.com/contactcs

The Norton Account is in the process of updating it according to what mine shows. I just checked my site. I'm wondering if perhaps Fast Startup might be affecting it. I know my husband's laptop running windows 10 has Fast Startup disabled. We renewed near the end of Nov. and then added 2 Androids.in Dec. I am sorry that our suggestions did not help.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.18.0.213 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

Thanks. Still all wrong.

When I had 360 with only 3 licences, all was ok. The minute I went to 5, last year, it was wrong (the 4 computers were then all running under windows 8.1). I spent quite some time with a customer rep. who gave me a procedure. to "fix it" until Norton fixes it. This time around, the procedure does not work anymore.

How can a problem not be fixed for one whole year? Not right.

Cordially.

Henriette

Kudos0

This is for NORTON ... if they ever look at the forum.

I was already upset knowing that this problem had existed for at least a year, without being corrected. Now, I see that the problem goes back all the way to 2008... This is some nerve on your part....

When you have some consideration for your clients, instead of letting them scratch their heads for days trying to understand why their devices are not there, or have the wrong name, or shows hat they are running trials versions when they just bought the product, you know what you do, if you cannot or do not want to spend any time finding a solution? You remove the "my devices" function, or you remove access to the function. This is not a difficult thing to do from a programming standpoint, I do know it for a fact. And, if from what I see on the forum, the "My Services" function is the only one to pay attention to, why leave the rest for us to fight with?

But of course, it is more time and money consuming that doing nothing.

This is the proof that Norton does not care. I dont trust you or your software anymore.

Kudos0

I'm looking at forums posts to understand why my mobile device does not show up in my list of devices.  It appears others have the same problem.  Also, I'd like to understand how the device names are generated, so I can discern which device is which.

From what I read on Norton forums and web searches, there is no solution or remedy.

If it makes a difference, I also believe Norton should make it the highest priority to fix these types of usability problems.  It's highly likely customers will take their money elsewhere given the problems.

This is simple stuff.  If your design team can't fix this, it's likely they shouldn't be trusted to protect against viruses and malware.

Kudos0

Does your Norton Mobile Security, NMS, show the correct number of days for your subscription?

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Yes. the correct number of days left on my subscription is the same on the site and on the NMS installed on my cell phone. 

Kudos0

I do not know how the device names are generated. But anyway, once more, what adds to the general confusion is that, even if they do happen to show up on both sides,  the names do not match on Devices and Services. 

For example, my husband uses 2 of the 5 seats allotted. He has a Desktop HP, and a Laptop Asus. In the MyServices function generated names, it shows William-HP and Desktop-710183M. Which one is which is a mystery. Both run under Windows 10. 

In MyDevices it only shows one, that we rebaptized William Desktop-Windows 10. We hope it was the right one, His second computer, which should then be the Asus Laptop, does not show up and never did. 

When we crank up Norton on the devices, they all show that Norton is installed, that we are running the latest version  and all show the correct number of days remaining. The subscription is for Norton Security "deluxe". 

Regards.

Kudos0

Hello

You can open up Norton on the devices. Click on Help>About You will then see the Device Name as well as the version number. That Device Name should be also in your Norton Account.

Thanks.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.