• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Random starts for full scan - set on manual scan

I am having problems with Norton security randomly starting full scans. When conducting a full scan it slows the computer so much its almost unusable. I spoke with Tech support and after remotely accessing my computer they said to disable auto scan and do it manually. This was done and the computer restarted and confirmed that it was now manual scan.

Within 30 minutes it randomly started a full scan. I called tech support and they said it needed to be handled by a level 2 tech support and while waiting I got a recording to call back later and got disconnected; Great support!! NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any ideas? I have had this problem for a while but it has progressively gotten more frequent with the random scans while using the computer. I need a solution or a refund of my subscription.

Thanks

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Random starts for full scan - set on manual scan

Hi, BillK400. Do you have Windows 10 ? If so, it needs to be completely shut down/restarted for Norton and other programs to correctly operate.

Also, Fast Start Up can be disabled as it can also cause issues.

Failing that, the Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool might be worth trying as it will give you a fresh copy.

http://www.norton.com/nrnr

If used, please read the Before you begin note, run Live Update until no more are found, and then restart.

Let us know how you go.

Windows 10 Home X 64 Norton Security Premium Current
Kudos1 Stats

Also, if the auto scan has started and not yet finished it will continue until it completes.

A little bit of knowledge is... well a little bit of knowledge.
Kudos0

Hello

I would recommend scheduling the manual scan at a time when you are not going to use the computer. Perhaps you can try the Auto scan again, but schedule it for once a week at a time when you are not going to use y our computer. Perhaps you can keep your computer on one night per week and schedule it for a time when you are sleeping.

As time goes on, the scan times may become shorter.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.1.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.