Norton 22.9 Product Update available now
[Updated on 16 March, 2017: A HOTFIX has been released to fix an issue where the backup set gets deleted after the 22.9 update - thread]
[Updated on 21 February, 2017: The Norton 22.9 build 71 has been posted back to the LiveUpdated server. To download it, simply run LiveUpdate]
[Updated on 17 February, 2017: The Norton 22.9 patch has been pulled back from the LiveUpdate server. This patch is no longer available for download.
Norton Security 220.127.116.11 is now available via LiveUpdate. As with our previous updates, this version is being released in a phased manner. This update is available in all supported languages. To download it, simply run LiveUpdate.
This update is available for the following Norton products:
- Norton Security (Standard, Deluxe, Premium)
- Norton Security with Backup
- Norton Internet Security
- Norton 360
- Norton Antivirus
- Norton Security Suite
To verify you have the update for Norton Security 18.104.22.168, launch the Main User Interface, click on Help, and select About.
The FAQs below answers some common questions:
1. What is the version number for this patch?
The version number is 22.214.171.124
2. When will I receive the patch?
As is our standard practice, we are deploying the patch in a phased manner. We have released the patch to randomly selected customers, and will then monitor our telemetry, as well as this forum, for any problems or issues. Once we have confirmed the effectiveness of the patch, we will make it available to all customers. We will post an update on the Norton Community Forums when we make the patch available to all customers.
3. How can I manually install these patches?
This patch is only available via LiveUpdate, and is being released in a phased manner. You may need to run LiveUpdate and reboot a few times before your product is completely updated to the latest version.
4. What are the changes in this release?
Below are the changes and fixes in Norton Security, Norton Security with Back Up, Norton Internet Security, Norton 360, Norton Antivirus and Norton Security Suite 22.9.0:
- Support for Microsoft’s Windows 10 Creators Update release aka Redstone 2 (RS2)
- Native 64-bit support
- A new 'In-product search' option in the main User Interface (English Only)
- Norton video tutorial links
Fixes for this release:
- Fixed an issue where the 'Scheduled tasks failed to run' after 126.96.36.199 update - Resolved with 188.8.131.52 - thread
- Resolved issue resulting in “Product not starting" error
- Fixed issue where product displays “PC is not protected by SONAR advanced protection”
- Fixed an issue where product becomes inactive when accessing password-protected security history event settings
- Fixed an issue where Norton File Insight alerts about some apps not having a valid digital signature (previously released as a hotfix, and included in this release)
Reboot Required: You may need to run LiveUpdate and reboot a few times before your product is completely updated to the latest version.
Note: Norton 22.9 supports: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 10 Anniversary Update & 10 Creators Update