• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

"Session expired. Please sign into your Norton Account."

Norton Identity Safe error message (on HTC One M8 Android 4.4.2 smartphone platform, Carrier AT&T), "Session expired. Please sign into your Norton Account." 1. There's no session to expire, 2. This just happened yesterday afternoon PT (Wed., 02/15/2017), and 3. ALL troubleshooting steps provided by Norton Help online persistently fails. I completed online Norton Help Form, received a case reference number and a phone number to call for assistance. Calling Norton is my next-step. However, I am deeply concerned about loosening my data. Online, I can login in on the site that allows me to change my password, etc. (extremely limited capabilities at this site before signing out -- no access to sync'd data). The site that presumably would allow that reads that an account doesn't exist for my ID (?!?!). Therefore, it seems, years worth of passwords, links, etc., is located ONLY locally on my device now. When I bought my HTC One M8 over one-year ago, I simply installed Norton Identity Safe on it with my existing Norton account already in place. After it verified that, all my data and information automatically downloaded and populated the app on my new phone. Therefore, I have/had an online Norton Identity Safe account. I have no I idea what's going on. Thus, I am deeply concerned about setting up a new online account for fear that a sync will occur in the wrong darn direction and null dataset(s) will wipe out the data that shows in size description under my phone's native App utility. There I force stop NIP, clear cache, and uninstall WITHOUT purging my password, etc., data accumulated over many years, migrated from other apps manually, and the like. Since I rarely use a laptop or tablet anymore, I haven't bothered to sync on my laptop in years -- thinking I have to copies (one locally and one online). I'll be upgrading to Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus relatively soon. Hopefully, this issue will resolve so I won't loose so much and then have to find a different product.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: "Session expired. Please sign into your Norton Account."

P.S. Sorry about misspelled and wrong words, :8(.
Kudos0

I have the same problem and was on the chat line for 2 hours yesterday with Norton.  Could not resolve.  ID safe also is not working on my desktop.  Going to https://status.norton.com shows that there is a problem with ID safe on the Norton end.

Kudos0

I have the same problem on a Samsung Galaxy S5.  Anybody got a fix for this?

Kudos0

Hello

According to the Status Link, it shows that there is a issue with the ID Safe on Norton' end. All I can go by is what that chart shows. If it says ID Safe, then it will affect both Androids and PC's.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit NSBU 22.9.0.71 IE 11
Kudos0

I was told "engineering was aware of the problem and working to resolve it. Please allow 48 hours..."

That was two days ago...

My account showed this computer as running a "trial version," also.  They swear everything's working if it shows active on my laptop software.  Today, it show's registered but the computer that I'm viewing it with to be "offline."

Kudos0

Thanks for the chimes to-date everyone. Today was crazy. I didn't call Norton consequentl -- calendar tasked for Fri, 02/17. I'll update this thread with call's outcome -- with or to say no joy in that.
Kudos0

Thanks for the chimes to-date everyone. Today was crazy. I didn't call Norton consequentl -- calendar tasked for Fri, 02/17. I'll update this thread with call's outcome -- with a fix or to say no joy re: that, etc..

Kudos0

We apologize for the inconvenience created we are facing the intermittent server issue and trying our best to sort out,We would update at the earliest possible.

Kudos0

Any ETA on when the "intermittent" issue might be resolved?  I'm totally unable to access my ID Safe on any device which is an issue because it means I can't get into many of my more sensitive accounts unless I reset all my passwords at each site.

Since ID Safe has been totally offline since 2/15, can you provide any more information on what is going on and when it might be fixed?

Kudos1 Stats

Hello

You can check the status of looking at this link.

https://status.norton.com

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit NSBU 22.9.0.71 IE 11
Kudos0

Earlier today I tried tapping the PIN button multiple times super fast after submitting my user ID and account password and before the "session expired ..." error message appeared. It seemed to work at the time. I was prompted for my vault password, and I re-setup a PIN to access my vault. I write "seems" because the status of this product reads A-OK. Consequently, I'm not sure if my left thumb is lighting fast, grin, or if a server issue was resolved beforehand. Either way, my immediate issue appears resolved. Now I have figure out how best to backup my data, as well as see if my online sync account is found now. Whether there or not, I'm obviously need redundant backup somewhere off Norton servers -- possibly app redundancy too.
Kudos0

Earlier today I tried tapping the PIN button multiple times super fast after submitting my user ID and account password and before the "session expired ..." error message appeared. It seemed to work at the time. I was prompted for my vault password, and I re-setup a PIN to access my vault. I write "seems" because the status of this product reads A-OK. Consequently, I'm not sure if my left thumb is lighting fast, grin, or if a server issue was resolved beforehand. Either way, my immediate issue appears resolved. Now I have figure out how best to backup my data, as well as see if my online sync account is found now. Whether there or not, I'm obviously need redundant backup somewhere off Norton servers -- possibly app redundancy too.
Kudos0

I am still experiencing the above-described "Session expired. Please sign into your Norton Account." with Norton Identify Safe on my Samsung Galaxy S5 Android device (aside: on my Windows PC, Norton Identify Safe is working normally). I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, and have been unsuccessful with the "tapping the PIN button multiple times super fast after submitting my user ID and account password" solution (!) described above. Please provide status on resolving this!

Kudos0

As Norton employee Thilak posted above, there are some issues on Norton's end with the ID Safe functionality. He will update this thread when things are fixed again. 

FWIW

This issue seems it may be somewhat localized. I have not seen the issue here in Canada, and at least one other user here is not seeing it in the US.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Kudos0

I've got the same problem on my Galaxy S6. It's been like that since 2/15/2017 like everyone else. Just going on the record to say it's happening to me here in Florida on a Verizon Wireless phone.

AND, the Accepted Solution doesn't help me even one tiny bit! So, as far as I'm concerned the problem is NOT SOLVED

Kudos0

I'm receiving the same message on my Virgin Mobile LG Stylo 2 (software LS775ZV9, Kernel 3.10.49, Build NRD90U) running Android 7.0 (patched February 1, 2017).  Uninstalled Norton Vault / reinstalled. Cleared cache / cleared Data.  Same issue persists.  After signing into my account the screen displays "checking vault" then I receive the "session expired" message.  Account sign-in and Vault sign-in work on my Windows 10 PC.

Kudos0

I am experiencing the Session Expired dilemma just as everyone else on this thread has communicated.  I think I am on day 4 or 5 in trying to negotiate a solution but have found no resolve.  I have a LG V20.  I have full access on my desk top computer to Norton ID Safe, but the mobile app, him no workie.  :-(

Kudos0

The accepted solution in this thread does not resolve the Session Expired issue. This issue appears to be server related, and only Norton can fix it.

We have to wait for employee Thilak to report back.

@Thilak saravanan Is there any update on this?

Kudos0

I am experiencing the same issue on my Motorola Droid Maxx.  I even tried to log in directly using the web site and it replied that I had no Vault which is a bit troubling. 

Kudos0

I am having this session expired issue on Google Pixel XL. It is not resolved for mobile, I can log in using pc's and laptop, but not Android!! NOT ANDROID. Have deleted and reinstalled repeatedly, cleared the cache, rebooted, restarted no use. This has worked perfectly for me before. The mobile app has a serious problem, that deserves negative feed back unless this gets resolved.

Kudos0

BTW, aren't we paying for this service?  Seems to me there should be some hammers striking the anvils to get the job done.

Kudos0

Kudos0

It's all good for me now after the ID Safe servers came back online (per the Norton service status page).

Kudos0

I am sorry but I am not able to get past the session expired notification after logging in. Thank you.
Kudos0

Try going into Android Settings - Apps and look for the Norton Identity Safe app. Clear the app cache and app data, restart your device and try again.

Kudos0

Still getting session expired message on Android. No problem on pc. Issue not resolved for me.

Kudos0

Just uninstalled Norton Vault. Powered down my phone.  Waited three minutes and reinstalled.  Same issue persists.  After signing into my account the screen displays "checking vault" then I receive the "session expired" message.  Account sign-in and Vault sign-in work on my Windows 10 PC.  Could this have anything to do with the android 7.0 patch I mentioned.  The patch was installed on my phone on February 17th, about the same time I started experiencing issues with Norton Vault.

Kudos0

Still getting the session expired message. Works on a pc, but no joy with my phone.
Kudos0

I've received this "session expired" message on my Android for the last two days.  The only thing that I could do to get in was to change my Norton account password.  However, when I did that today, it still didn't work. No other solutions, Norton?

Kudos0

"Session Expired" on a Note 4 since the 16th. Uninstalled/reinstalled, cleared cache and data and restarted, I'm still having this problem. I just got a notification that my subscription is about to renew, too, which makes this even more frustrating - I'll be paying for not being able to log into those sites on my mobile devices that I have created secure passwords for. Rather defeats the purpose of having a password keeper, wouldn't one think? I'd say that seven days for a company the size and sophistication of Norton to repair a server error like this with no workaround, fix, or even estimation of when the error will be fixed is surprising to say the least. Wonder is that I haven't seen anything on any of the internet or broadcast news sites, considering how many it is likely affecting?

Kudos0

Someone posted a link to the "NRnR" utility and that resolved it...

Kudos0

I am now able to sign in on my android as well as my PC.

Kudos0

I'm still having this issue.

Kudos0

What is the link?

Kudos1 Stats

If you are looking for the Norton Removal and Reinstall Tool you can find it here    www.norton.com/nrnr

Kudos0

But ... that won't work for my Android phone, right? I have been able to log in on the laptop the whole time.

Kudos0

I did a chat with customer support and they said the issue still persists.  I tried logging in online and could not get it to work, tried the re-install and still not working.  Will you post status updates when the issue is resolved?

Kudos1 Stats

@people reported here,We feel Sorry for the inconvenience we have created.

We are facing intermittent server issue which at the highest priority we are trying to fix and we still facing issue.

The fix we did is partially fixed up user's issue but still we find user's with issue.

We are trying to close out this issue at the earliest.

We request you wait for our update soon.Hope we would comeback at the earliest and let that update would solve this issue.

Kudos0

I have been experiencing this same issue for the past two days........waiting patiently.

Kudos1 Stats

Six days now, multiple promises made on repair of the servers, and when (just completed) logging into https://identitysafe.norton.com/, I still just getting the spinner (waiting). No Login data, no Notes data. Very disappointing. All data that was trusted to Symantec to securely keep is GONE.

Kudos0

Yes, and I've used this app for all of my online passwords, thinking I'd go with Norton since they have a good reputation...IF I'm able to access vault again, I'll be switching everything over to a different provider ASAP!...Can't make online purchases, check my email, access my bank accounts!!!  I just hope we don't find out they were hacked into!

Kudos1 Stats

I just hope we don't find out they were hacked into!

Even if the ID Safe servers were hacked, the information there is encrypted and needs the key that is stored locally on your computer to decrypt it. So your information would still be safe.

Kudos0

Ok, well, that's good to know!  I'm a mildly tech-savvy person, so I have no idea how to export/backup any of my apps...Android user also, and now I can't get into Vault, so it's too late to backup...oh well!  Hopefully they can fix it..

Kudos0

I'm having the same issue.... Hope this is fixed soon very inconvenient and may have to switch services
Kudos0

@all, As my forum experience qualifier reads, I'm a "Newbie" here. I thought I should mark this issue as resolved because I posted it, and has resolved for me. Unfortunately, and to my empathetic disappointment, it remains an issue for others. Therefore, I've cleared my most recent post as a solution. My genuine apologies for identifying it as such.
Kudos0

@all, As my forum experience qualifier reads, I'm a "Newbie" here. I thought I should mark this issue as resolved because I posted it, and has resolved for me. Unfortunately, and to my empathetic disappointment, it remains an issue for others. Therefore, I've cleared my most recent post as a solution. My genuine apologies for identifying it as such.
Kudos0

I have the same problem on my galixy s4, but PC works at this time. Need a resolution to this ongoing problem.
Kudos0

Status shows everything is okay, but I'm still having the issue.

Kudos0

24 February 2017 Quarter to Eight PM on the East Coast and we are at Status Quo with this issue.  I know this is not the most important issue, and the world is still in motion,but it would be nice to see a solution come to light.  Come on, I know you guys can do it!  I'm rooting for you.

Kudos0

Well i think they are embarrassed by the notion that they can't fix a problem. 

Anyone know if starting a new vault will get messed up if the system finally come back online. I have to change passwords on some sensitive sites soon and would prefer everything back u an running before then.