• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

App lock

When I open an app I have locked with norton app lock i get a message that says app will be locked till device sleeps, yet the app opens without using the pattern I have set.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: App lock

To confirm, you never have to use the pattern you set up to access a locked app?

What device are you using and what Android version?

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

To confirm, you never have to use the pattern you set up to access a locked app? The message you mention usually comes up after entering a PIN or pattern you have set up.

What device are you using and what Android version?

Kudos0

I have to use pattern once then it won't ask for pattern again til phone goes to sleep
Kudos0

I am guessing that the developers assumed that once you open an app, you would probably use it then close the app and you would still maintain physical control of the device until it is allowed to sleep. In this scenario, there is no security risk because the same user that originally opened the app is probably the one that would open it again. 

You might post a suggestion in the product suggestions board to add a setting to disable the option to keep the app unlocked until sleep.  https://community.norton.com/forums/product-suggestions

Personally, I like it the way it is now. I often go to Android setting for example, enter the App Lock PIN, make a change, close the settings and test something. I then want to put the settings back and I am not bothered by the need to enter the App Lock PIN again. 2 minutes after my phone is inactive, it goes to sleep and resets the App Lock.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.