Norton 22.9.1 Product Update available now
Update on 30-March-2017: A HOTFIX has been released to fix several issues: Please see below or click here for more details
Norton Security 126.96.36.199 is now available via LiveUpdate. As with our previous updates, this version is being released in a phased manner. This update is available in all supported languages. To download it, simply run LiveUpdate.
This update is available for the following Norton products:
- Norton Security (Standard, Deluxe, Premium)
- Norton Security with Backup
- Norton Internet Security
- Norton 360
- Norton Antivirus
- Norton Security Suite
To verify you have the update for Norton Security 188.8.131.52, launch the Main User Interface, click on Help, and select About.
The FAQs below answers some common questions:
1. What is the version number for this patch?
The version number is 184.108.40.206
2. When will I receive the patch?
As is our standard practice, we are deploying the patch in a phased manner. We have released the patch to randomly selected customers, and will then monitor our telemetry, as well as this forum, for any problems or issues. Once we have confirmed the effectiveness of the patch, we will make it available to all customers. We will post an update on the Norton Community Forums when we make the patch available to all customers.
3. How can I manually install these patches?
This patch is only available via LiveUpdate, and is being released in a phased manner. You may need to run LiveUpdate and reboot a few times before your product is completely updated to the latest version.
4. What are the changes in this release?
Below are the changes and fixes in Norton Security, Norton Security with Back Up, Norton Internet Security, Norton 360, Norton Antivirus and Norton Security Suite 22.9.1:
- Customers will see a new user interface when hovering the SafeSearch annotation.
- A new Norton Shopping Guarantee (NSG) alert has been introduced in Chrome browser. (US English Only)
Fixes for this release:
- Fixed an issue where the backup set gets deleted after the 22.9 update - thread
- Other minor bug fixes and stability improvements.
Reboot required for Windows XP & Vista: You may need to run LiveUpdate and reboot a few times before your product is completely updated to the latest version.
Note: Norton 22.9.1 supports: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 10 Anniversary Update & 10 Creators Update
Update on 30-March-2017: A HOTFIX has been released to fix the following issues:
This HOTFIX targets Norton version: 220.127.116.11
Note: No reboot required for Windows 7 and higher and no change in the product version number (18.104.22.168)
Comments are locked for this post.