• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Norton Patch Keeps Failing

Patch keeps failing on norton 360 because it can't shut down drivers? Have to restart everytime, is that ok or do I have a problem?

Labels: LiveUpdate

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton Patch Keeps Failing

What operating system are you using?

What is the version of your 360?

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

windows 8.1 , was ok until the last month. Nothing has changed with the pc. Seems to be ok with a restart but never had to do that before

Kudos0

From the main 360 screen, click on Help - Get Support. Let Autofix run and see if that makes any difference.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Sorry it does not, been happening for the last months feb- march. Says it can't close down drivers, restart pc. Is patch applied? No issues are showing.Run all scans, nothing showing.

Kudos0

Sorry forgot to mention I am running 360 premier 22.9.1.12

Kudos0

When applying a patch I am getting an alert to shutdown Malwarebytes or any browser I have open. After I shut those down the patch continues. I have seen this for the past few patches.

Maybe there is something open it does not like.

I am running NSBU 22.9.1.12 and Windows 10.

Jim

Kudos0

Must be something it doesn't like  jim, but can't work out what. No indication to what it is. Just says it can't. I run norton after windows has started and before I open anything else and yes I do have Malwarebytes on the pc but not real time. It was happening before I put it on

Kudos0

You can check the Live Update History when you did the patch and it should show Product Update Successful. I show 2 item on mine.

Jim

Kudos0

Hello PhoneMan

I just find it easier to Apply Later and then restart. That will Apply the Patch since everything shuts down with a restart. Give that a try. I do that with all the patches. I don't think it makes a difference that I am  Win 7.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.1.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

Hi floplot

I'll give that a try next time I receive one.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.