• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Mac OS 10.12.4 Can't Connect Many Apps to Internet

Since Mac OS was updated to 10.12.4, Norton will not work properly in many ways. It does not let apps access the internet, let's some apps access the internet, will not update the virus definitions, says it needs to fix itself, but fails to do so. I'm seeing plenty of the same issues being discussed on other forums as I search for a solution. Uninstalling and reinstalling does not help, same problems persist. 

When will this be resolved? 

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Mac OS 10.12.4 Can't Connect Many Apps to Internet

Hi everyone,

Norton Security for Mac version 7.4 is now available via LiveUpdate. - Release Announcement

The following issues are addressed in this release:

• Fixed an issue where applications were unable to connect to the internet after the macOS 10.12.4 update with Norton 7.3.1 - thread 1thread 2
  • Fixed an issue where the Scan/LiveUpdate is 'At Risk' after the macOS 10.12.4 update with Norton 7.3.1 - thread
  • Fixed an issue where customers were unable to launch the Norton product.
  • Minor Bug Fixes

Thank you for your patience.

Please confirm if this 7.4 release resolves the issue.

Mohanakrishnan G | Norton Forums Administrator | Symantec Corporation
Kudos0

Thanks Symantec! This update appears to have fixed the issues with the most recent mac OS. My i7 iMac is fully upgraded to Norton Security 7.4 and running smoothly once again. Everything is back to normal. I'm all smiles here! ;-)

Kudos0

Unfortunately SymDaemon still at 102%. Fan running constantly.
Kudos0

Still having problems, this time with 7.4.

This morning, I got that popup from the lower right corner saying At Risk, Fix Now.  I did all that, even ran Quick and Full scans, did LiveUpdate a couple times, all *apparently* completed successfully, but I am still getting the Security at risk going red in the lower left panel of the Norton main window. The icon in the menu bar has the x-badge in it and will not clear. I've restarted the app and the computer, still won't clear. 

The fault in the window says my vulnerability protection definitions are not up to date. I have run LiveUpdate several times, and when it is done, I get the notification that it was done so successfully. But the fault continues saying that my vulnerability definitions are still not up to date. 

So there is something being flagged, and Norton will not fix itself to clear this flag. 

Any ideas?

Kudos0

I see OS 10.12.5 is available.  I won't install it until NIS has been cleared or until I have time to try it and migrate back to 10.12.4 if required.

Kudos0

I have been using 10.12.5 a long time as a developer and I could confirm that there is nothing wrong with NIS.
Kudos0

I had an online session with Tech, they ran some patch, and all has been well. 

I did update to Mac OS 10.12.5 yesterday, and all seems to be okay so far.

Kudos0

Thanks carl1997 and Acadia for trying 10.12.5.  It works for me, too.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.