• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

App Locker Very Unsecure

Hi,

I installed Norton App Locker which is an unbelievable great and free App!

BUT

It is so easy to get around by booting up in safe mode?!?!?!??

What is the point and can this be fixed or that this password should block safe mode or something of the sort.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: App Locker Very Unsecure

This sounds like a bit of a difficult ask. As with PC's if you boot to safe mode most drivers are not loaded for a reason. So you can diagnose problems.

What device and Android version are you using?

EDIT

This article on Safe Mode from How to Geeks explains it.   https://www.howtogeek.com/130327/how-to-boot-your-android-phone-or-table...

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

I am using 5.0.1.   Tried on different version as well. (unsure which) and also got round.

Makes it very insecure and a little pointless for anyone a little techy could get around the lock.

I know this safe mode is an issue with all 3rd party apps but i would think norton designers could lock this as there are few apps which are able to lock down the safe mode.

Kudos1 Stats

The safe mode is an Android OS 'feature'. Norton would have to modify the Android OS to make changes to this.

Can you give an example of an app that can lock the safe mode so I can test?

Kudos0

Thanks for your reply.

There are kiosk apps out there and parental control apps out there that do it even without rooting the phone. Examples are such as MM guardian ans Safe Lock.

Kudos1 Stats

This might be a good suggestion for the Product Suggestions board https://community.norton.com/forums/product-suggestions

Kudos0

Thanks. How do i post on the product suggestions board? Tells me i cant suggest an idea at this time.

Accepted Solution
Kudos0

Found it. Thanks for your help!

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.