• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

ID Safe Not working again on FireFox

Here we go again. Id safe not working again on FireFox this morning. Message when you use the extension...Something went wrong try again.  Tried all the possible fixes that I Know. Live Norton Update, Firefox Update, signing off the ID safe extension,disabling the extension, reboot PC, and powered off PC. So much for support, I can't wait for 30 minutes on chat. Calling was also backed up. 

Replies

Kudos0

Re: ID Safe Not working again on FireFox

Having same problem.  Tried everything.  frustratingly waste of time, once again

Kudos0

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We are aware about the Norton Identity Safe Vault and portal login issue and team currently investigating it. Customers might receive intermittent login errors when accessing their Norton Identity Safe vault. Updates to their vaults might not behave as expected. Will update the thread once we get more details on the issue fix. 

Also, please refer Norton Services current status shown in below link. 

https://status.norton.com/

Sunil_GA | Norton Forums Administrator | Symantec Corporation
Kudos0

Since I can login to ID safe on IE11 and Chrome does that mean it's using a local cache for passwords or is it connecting to the servers some other way?

Kudos0

I'm having the same issues on IE11 and Chrome.  I feel it has been a good run but after 16 years of being a longtime Norton loyal customer it may be time to move on since Norton can't get their act together.  I purchased Norton for reliability and ease of use not to be down every other month.  As a customer you want to be understanding but you guys are in the business of securing my devices and being down randomly with no scheduled maintenance shouldn't be part of the agenda. It not like I'm going to be reimbursed for the downtime where I'm left vulnerable. My Norton isn't working either.

Kudos0

Same problem here; I don't know if it's Symantec or Firefox but for 2 companies that's been in business for as long as they have they sure don't work together to ensure that their customers are always happy; it's like they could care less about the customer. That's right; I don't blame just one of them because the both of them need to work closer together to ensure that we always have our logins when we need them and I for one have about had it form both Firefox and the Norton developers and when I quit using one of them I will also quit using the other one; we have some very good choices today that we didn't have a few years ago.

Kudos2 Stats

I did not know you have status.norton.com. It would be nice if they put this on You are protected app page with a link. At least you would know the issue is known to Norton instead of wasting time trying to contact Norton and trying known fixes.

This problem keeps happening over the past few months. Most times I can resolve as I noted in the previous thread I sent. It is disappointing after waiting almost a year for the extension was being written for FireFox. It is a good thing that chrome has not gone to the extension route like Firefox. I will be looking at other products at renewal time for Norton.

Kudos1 Stats

I don't think they care

Kudos0

AGAIN Identity Safe is NOT WORKING in Firefox and all I get is we are aware.

NO SOLUTION or Timeline for fix

Kudos1 Stats

I use Trend Micro's Password Manager as a back up.

I'm beginning to think I need to seriously research other Security Software...

Maybe, their way of marketing Norton Ultimate Help Desk...

Kudos1 Stats

SunshineinFlorida:

I did not know you have status.norton.com. It would be nice if they put this on You are protected app page with a link. At least you would know the issue is known to Norton instead of wasting time trying to contact Norton and trying known fixes.

This problem keeps happening over the past few months. Most times I can resolve as I noted in the previous thread I sent. It is disappointing after waiting almost a year for the extension was being written for FireFox. It is a good thing that chrome has not gone to the extension route like Firefox. I will be looking at other products at renewal time for Norton.

Not to get off subject, but I couldn't agree more. They could put more useful notes in the stickies section, like the link you mentioned and I know there's a feedback thread, which I'm going to use, but some of this should be common sense. Or how about sending an email saying, "hey there's a problem with (fill in the blank), just wanted to let everyone know so you don't panic and we're working on it and hope to get it back up and running soon."  Or maybe those emails are strictly reserved for product announcements, I don't know. 

Kudos0

I see that they updated Identity Safe on June 2 and they appear to have added an EULA that you, now, must agree to that I don't remember being there, before...

Kudos0

Kudos to all that, I am having problems with the Edge and Firefox extensions (and beginning today Chrome) which I've documented. I am up for renewal, I guess I'll look into the options mentioned in this thread.

Kudos0

I echo this, I have been using Norton since DOS times, I've endured a lot of nonsense, but not being able to access my passwords is just too much. It appears the people at Symantec don't recognize the sensitivity of the information they are entrusted with and don't really know what they are doing.

I'm up for renewal so I bid you adieu.

Kudos0

Hello

I have just recently reported that the I D Safe issue affects EDGE also. The contents of the I D Safe are in the Safe because users can access the Safe using IE 11.. I'm not apologizing for Norton, but trying to tell you what I know since I am a Guru. I'm not a Norton Employee though. I do have contact with some of the Staff.

I have seen that they are working on this 24/7. I also realize that this should not happen especially so often. I don't use the Vault, but I still sympathize with you.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.1.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

Edge and Firefox now working with online vault on my systems.

Jim 

Kudos0

... But not working on mine.

A little bit of knowledge is... well a little bit of knowledge.
Kudos1 Stats

Join the club.   

A little bit of knowledge is... well a little bit of knowledge.
Kudos0

It died again. Status is Red.

Jim 

Kudos0

I don't try anymore to fix it. Nothing works. Last time after two days it was working again.

Kudos1 Stats

Hi Everyone,

Norton Identity Safe Vault login issue should be resolved by now. Please let us know if you are still facing this issue. Thanks

Kudos0

It is working for me now. Thank you.

Kudos0

Working good this morning. 

Jim 

Kudos0

Yes, it's working. The disappointing part is that you have to come here, complain and then find out oh, it's not working and they are "fixing it."  It's very hard after 16+ years to try and Learn something new.  Not saying I can't I just would rather not go down that path but it looks like I have to after the miscues recently.  

Kudos0

Norton ID safe exension for Firefox has not been working for about two weeks now. Announcement by Norton that it is working again is incorrect. It just fails to sign in when I try to unlock the vault (see attachment if one can). Information on https://status.norton.com/ shows that everything is hunky dory but it apparently isn't. So we cannot rely on that page.

Kudos0

It has been working for me for several days...update your Norton product thru Live Update or try an online chat session.

Kudos0

Hi @Nyayabhoomi,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Do you have Norton Identity Safe Standalone installed or Norton Identity Safe extension from Norton product? 

Kudos0

I have Norton Identity Safe extension for Firefox. The latter is version 54.0.

Kudos0

Hello Nyayabhoomi

Which Norton product and version do you have installed?

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.1.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

I do not have any Norton standalone product on my machine. All I have is Norton Identity Safe 2.1.0.24 for Firefox 54.0. It says that the vault is locked and I need to sign in to Norton Identity Safe Vault to unlock it. Below this message, it show me a bar that reads "Open Vault". I click on it and it opens this page - moz-extension://4c514739-2f1c-46d2-b5f4-5789c03181d8/content/ui/xidsafe-logging-inprogress.html. And then it gets stuck on that screen. All I see are 5-6 planets chasing one another in a circle.

Kudos0

Hi @Nyayabhoomi,

Thanks for the information provided. Could you please try removing Norton Identity Safe extension from Firefox browser, restart  browser and add the extension again and sing in?

Kudos0

Thanks. It worked.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.