• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Core Software Question

Do I need to install the core software on all my devices to get the protection?  IPAD, PHONES, PCS.  NEST, CANARY?   I am under the impression the router takes care off all this and I can delete my Norton AntiVirus on my PC.  Is the software on the devices or is it router + software?  How would I project my NEST for example. I cant download software on that piece?

Thanks

Replies

Kudos1 Stats

Re: Core Software Question

You still need AV software on your PCs and mobile devices. Included with the Core subscription is Norton Security Premium for 20 devices.

The Nest and Canary are examplesf of IOT devices. IOT = Internet of Things. Those are the devices that are directly protected by the router by hiding their existence from the internet..

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Kudos0

I read that the router hardware has security features with a subscription what are those?

Kudos0

If you look at the Core FAQs at the top of the forum and here, you should be able to get the answers for your question.

If you have a specific question, post back and we can try to get an answer for you.

Kudos0

I just bought Norton Core -- the advertising and the payment documentation clearly state that the protection software will be provided for an  unlimited number of IOT and personal devices and it is not until you download the software that Norton slams a 20 device limit on it's customers.  This is false advertising plus it is illegal since my payment documentation (my receipt states unlimited number of devices) so I would advise you to notify your legal department that it must change the ads and the payment docs immediately or live up to the agreements Norton is making.  However, not many customers will have more than 20 devices o Norton may want to overlook this but I am putting Norton on notice should I go over I do not expect any problems but I am not sure I will even go over 20. I am concerned since the Norton Internet Security I was using right up until I bought Core yesterday vanished when I bought Core and your Reps claim there is no record of it doubting I had service for years and did not seem to believe I had 190 days remaining on my old subscription that should have been carried over to Core but there appeared to be no way to verify it since the license number had vanished.  I think it turned into Core numbers and that it may have been absorbed by Core -- because it was for 10 devices at $107...  and it may have been for 2 years if I recall. and there is one that is now called Core with that information marked closed. None of the Norton Reps could understand how it works when an old subscription has remaining days.  Can you  shed any light on this? 

Kudos0

I see what you are referring to in the documentation. I'll bring this to Norton's attention.

To clarify, the coverage details. The Core Security Plus software can be installed on 20 devices, as in PC's, Macs, and mobile devices. The unlimited IOT devices refers to thermostats, fridges, home automation devices that connect to the internet.

As you say, not many users are going to have more than 20 PCs and mobile devices in their home.

Your subscription question might be a little confusing. How many days are shown as remaining on the new Core subscription? The actual Core subscription is not supposed to start until you can activate the Core device. Hopefully, the number of days remaining will be the same as the old subscription you had before installing the Core software.

Kudos0

peterweb:

I see what you are referring to in the documentation. I'll bring this to Norton's attention.

To clarify, the coverage details. The Core Security Plus software can be installed on 20 devices, as in PC's, Macs, and mobile devices. The unlimited IOT devices refers to thermostats, fridges, home automation devices that connect to the internet.

As you say, not many users are going to have more than 20 PCs and mobile devices in their home.

Your subscription question might be a little confusing. How many days are shown as remaining on the new Core subscription? The actual Core subscription is not supposed to start until you can activate the Core device. Hopefully, the number of days remaining will be the same as the old subscription you had before installing the Core software.

Good day Peter!

Just a quick "chime in" based on my own Core Router pre-order "norton product management website" based status observations...

The device count reporting is a recent change.  The count being reported on the product management website (until very recently) used to indicate the aforementioned "20 devices" (as is shown by the following management website image capture which I had included in one of my earlier Core Router inquiry postings) ...

This indication was recently altered to show as being "Unlimited available" as follows ...

As to your other question regarding "days remaining" - Because the Core Security Plus software product is an Active Subscription (and must remain so at least until the physical router is actually received), the only way I know of to determine the subscription days remaining is by examining the management website's "Order History" section to see when the next expected billing for the subscription is to occur.  However, since the subscription is designated as being Active but not yet in use, this bit of information is yet to be revealed (on the website) ...

Therefore...

Going by the information conveyed in Gayathri's Norton Core – Pre-order and Shipping FAQ (pinned at the top of this forum,) and upon having expressly followed the instruction detail therein (under the subsection titled "What happens to my existing Norton product subscription?",) it is my express expectation of Norton/Symantec that upon my Physical Receipt - Successful Installation - and Subsequent Activation, of my new Core Router device, that my then remaining (yet to be used) days on my NS/wB subscription, will be conveyed (added) to my "newly engaged" Norton Core Security Plus (/w 1 year complimentary) subscription.

Cheers!

John

Kudos1 Stats

Thanks John for the added images. I have asked about the 20 devices vs unlimited in the documentation and web pages. Not sure what the official line is going to be. I'll point my contact to your post so they can see the image now showing unlimited licenses.

Kudos0

Just to be sure. Are you saying that once I install Core at home and configure my mobile devices they will be protected by Norton security even if I sign on to another network?

Kudos0

SRE

As long as you have installed the Core Security Plus software on computers and laptops, they will be protected as they are now with the Norton Security products. Likewise, the mobile devices will have the same Norton Mobile Security app installed. 

So with the software/app installed on your devices, Norton is protecting you.