• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Help for Newbie

I need to reinstall Norton 360 on my laptop (sent in for repair and Norton Removed); I now have a "trial" subscription and am not able to reinstall with my Product Key that is good for two years, because it says I need a new subscription. 

Please help. I'm not sure if I need to uninstall the "trial" of Norton Securit of what...thanks for any assistance. 

*Forgot to add that I'm using Windows 10. This is so frustrating to not download what I already paid for! 

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Help for Newbie

KathyYH  Indeed you need to uninstall your trial version and reboot.

You said you have a current subscription so login to your account via the Norton website and it should download the product you already have a subscription for. Let us know if this solved your issues or you need us to assist further. Cheers.

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows 10 Home / Professional x 64 version 1903 / build 18362.295 / N360 Deluxe 22.18.0.213 / Norton Core v.282 on Android 2.00
Kudos1 Stats

Hi, Kathy. If Soul's suggestion doesn't work, contact Support. They can help with subscription issues, if needed.

http://norton.com/chat

Windows 10 Home X 64
Kudos0

Hello Kathy

Where did you buy your subscription? Was it in a legitimate location or website? Was it some place like eBay?

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.18.0.213 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

I purchased from Norton.

Kudos0

I contacted Support and they tried to fix the issue, but couldn't. A supervisor or next tier up person was to call me with 24/48 hours but that has not happened.

Kudos0

I'm still working on this solution. 

My laptop came back from HP repair and they'd removed Norton. I'm working with HP on some other issues as well, so maybe once those are resolved, I will be able to get Norton back. The support person as Norton was not able to get it to download either. They could see my subscription, but it just kept saying Server Error when trying to connect. 

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.