• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Cannot sign into Identity safe on Firefox

I cannot sign into Norton Identity safe, it has been fine until today 7th June 2017,  Norton is 22.9.4.8, Firefox is 53.0.3,  64-bit on Windows 10 laptop in UK, everything has been OK until today, ID safe says sign in but won't open, Norton keeps telling me to sign in to Norton, what is happening? Has Norton got a virus? I have updated, scanned, rebooted but nothing still the same, anyone have any idea?

Replies

Kudos2 Stats

Re: Cannot sign into Identity safe on Firefox

Hi @JT711,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We are aware about the Norton Identity Safe Vault and portal login issue and team currently investigating it. Customers might receive intermittent login errors when accessing their Norton Identity Safe vault. Updates to their vaults might not behave as expected. Will update the thread once we get more details on the issue fix. 

Also, please refer Norton Services current status shown in below link. 

https://status.norton.com/

Sunil_GA | Norton Forums Administrator | Symantec Corporation
Kudos0

Norton is aware of an outage with ID Safe.  See   www.status.norton.com

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

This problem just hit me this morning.  I removed and reinstalled Identity Safe as a Firefox extension, and it still does not work.  Same problem elsewhere.  The "Please wait" message just sits there and spins until it's replaced by a "Please try again later" message.

Kudos0

Hello Kenner

Please see the post 2 above yours from Sunil---Symantec Employee about the issue.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.3.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

I'm in the same boat... Norton is becoming a hassle...

After 15 years being a subscription holder, I'm rather disappointed at how the last couple of years of hassles with ID safe have played out.

What I'm most disappointed with, is the lack of information from Norton directly to customers, on what they are doing to fix these issues and of any sort of timescale.

No doubt this current issue will pass soon enough, but it's a pain in the ass whilst it is happening...

Kudos0

Hello

Norton is working night and day on this issue. I know everyone is frustrated and so is Norton. Sunil has left a post  about the issue also.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.3.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

My Identity Safe on Firefox has stopped today, again, what is wrong with Norton? It came back for a couple of weeks now it's gone again, after years of Norton I am going to change my Internet Security when Norton runs out, I have had enough now, it's pathetic!!!!!

Kudos0

At least, 7 hours ago, I could access my offline/local vault from within Norton, this morning I can't even access that... so now both my offline and online vault are inaccessible... Terrific !....

Kudos2 Stats

Hi Everyone,

Norton Identity Safe Vault login issue should be resolved by now. Please let us know if you are still facing this issue. Thanks

Kudos0

Thank you for working on this and solving the problem.  All good this morning!

Kudos0

Mine is OK now

Kudos0

My vault opened and worked......but now its doing the same mentioned and will not open at all

This is after i have run scans and live UPDATE

Kudos0

Same story here... Everything was fine, but it stopped again and there is no way to log into the vault with Firefox.

Kudos0

My online vault is now unavailable & thereby no access using Firefox.  Third time this month.  No indication on the "status" page that anything is wrong.  This is truly annoying!

Kudos0

I had the same problem this morning and found there was a Firefox update to V54.0

I did the update and Norton Identity Safe started working again. Might be worth checking.

Kudos0

No update necessary.  I have version 54.  Thanks!

Kudos0

I wonder if the glitch KatieQ mentions has anything to do with it?

https://community.norton.com/en/comment/7507631#comment-7507631

Is it working OK now?

Kudos0

It's working now,but for how long i don't no.

I will post again if it stops

Kudos0

Hi @Silopanna,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Could you please try again and let us know if you are still having issues with accessing Norton Online Vault? If yes, please provide error message and Norton product details. Thanks

Kudos0

Hello The Memphian

Are you still having the issue with the Norton Online Vault? If yes, please see Sunil's post right above mine. If no, please let us know.

Thanks.

@The Memphian

Kudos0

My vault is working again. The first day it was completely impossible to log in. The second day was better... sometimes it worked, sometimes not. At the 3rd day it was back to normal.

Kudos0

Yes, identity safe is working again.  Hopefully, it will continue without the interruptions of the recent past few months!

Kudos0

My vault is working,has anybody updated firefox to 54.1 i havent updated yet as i dont want it to stop my vault working as before

Kudos1 Stats

Did you mean V54.0.1? If so mine is working fine.

Kudos0

Yes v54.0.1

Thank you mikosh

Kudos0

Working fine...Firefox 54.0.1

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.