• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Norton Security Deluxe 5 Devices Set up advice

I currently have Norton Security Deluxe 5 Devices installed and working in 5 PC's with about 35 days until renewal is due. I have just purchased a new Norton Security Deluxe 5 Devices version in advance of renewal. 

I need to use the newly purchased version of Norton Security Deluxe to install it on a newly acquired windows 10 PC and wanted to check that it's use would not affect the renewal status of the other 5 PCs currently running Norton on the earlier acquired licences. Are their any particular installation issues that I need to before of or do I just follow mynorton/set up? 

Advice much appreciated. I plan to use the remaining 4 to renew 4 of the existing installations and will "reiterate" an ageing PC that I have just bought a replacement for.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton Security Deluxe 5 Devices Set up advice

Hi, MHaff. You can either wait until a day or two before your subs run out,  { You'll get reminders ! }, then enter your new key

or contact Support after you've entered your new key for your 5 devices, and ask them to add the remaining days from your previous subscription.

http://norton.com/chat

Windows 10 Home X64 Norton Security Premium---Current
Kudos0

Thanks for reply about renewing existing PC's a day before current subscription runs out. What I am concerned about is whether installing Norton using first licence of newly purchased version of Norton Deluxe impacts time remaining on other pc's using earlier Norton Deluxe - hopefully they will still show 35 days left and I will have 4 licences available on newly purchased Norton Deluxe to renew 4 of existing PC licences in 34 days time.

Accepted Solution
Kudos1 Stats

Installing the new license on your new PC will not affect your current license on the other systems.

Since the time starts on the new license for all 5 seats when you first use it, I would switch the other 4 systems over to the new license as soon as you have installed the new license on your new PC. Then contact Norton Chat and they will transfer the remaining days from your old license to your new license. When they do that the old license will be deactivated. 

Jim 

Kudos0

Thanks Jim, reassured me regarding existing licences and that they would not be affected. Thanks for reminding me that the new product year clock starts ticking from first installation.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.