• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Update Phone number in Norton Account

I simply want to change the phone number in my Norton account but have been told I have to create a new account with a new email. Can't change the existing account. So when I want to enter a product key on an update for the existing account with a different email I lose any roll-over days? And a history of my existing account? Seems complicated for such a simple thing.

[Admin Edit: Clarified Subject]

Replies

Accepted Solution
Kudos2 Stats

Re: Update Phone number in Norton Account

Hi Ballylongford,

From the main page (dashboard) of your Norton Product, select more Norton Square > select
manage My Account > Hover over your name in the upper right corner and select  Account Settings> select Personal Information Tab > select the Edit pencil for Personnel Information and another page should open so you can edit your info. 

HOWEVER, I have found it will not open, unless I go back and hover over my User Name and select the sign out, then sign back in and then attempt to select the edit again and this time it will progress to the next page containing your info and where you are able to edit it.  Do not forget the Submit at the bottom of that page.

Please let us know how things go.

Kudos1 Stats

yank: Thanks! Did what you advised and reached the personal info page. Had got there in earlier sign-ins BUT the page still would NOT accept the mobile number in the format I entered it (and I tried a lot of variations). It was the way the mobile number has to be entered. The 10 digit mobile number is only accepted as 9 digits with spaces and preceded by the country code so the mobile has to be entered in the form (country code) followed by a space and then "XXX XXX XXX" (dropping the first zero of the mobile). Other websites automatically reorder a mobile number when entered as 11 digits with spaces as an 11 digit number without spaces.  Norton display ends up as 12 characters (4 sets of three separated by three spaces - XXX XXX XXX XXX). But the advice given in an online chat that II had to create a new account with a new email??? Enough to consider a different brand. Thanks for the advice.

Kudos0

Thanks for the info - hopefully it will help others.

Kudos0

Hi @yank,

Thanks for the tip.

I've just tried that with Firefox and after logging back in I still can't edit my phone number.  I'll try again later with a different browser.

Cheers!

A little bit of knowledge is... well a little bit of knowledge.
Kudos1 Stats

Ah ha!  For some reason uBlock Origin was causing issues.  All fixed!

A little bit of knowledge is... well a little bit of knowledge.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.