• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Is Norton Core Router shipping yet?

I believe I was billed by Norton for the price quoted for the new Core Router. It just showed up on my bank statement. Could this mean the device is coming ? Norton said I would be notified by email. Still waiting to hear from ANYONE, It's lonely in the dark, can't find flashlight. Tomorrow, tomorrow, the sun will shine. YEA! 

Labels: Order Status

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Is Norton Core Router shipping yet?

Re: When will my Norton Core be delivered?

Posted: 28-Jul-2017 | 4:49AMPermalink We are starting the shipment at the end of July and we expect all pre-orders to be fulfilled by end of August. The earlier in 2017 you placed your pre-order, the sooner in August you will receive your Norton Core. Thank you.

https://community.norton.com/en/comment/7552681#comment-7552681 

Kudos0

Stewart R Frederick

If you have seen the payment, you should have received the email. Have you checked your spam/junk folder?

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Kudos0

Just sharing my disappointment with Norton regarding my preorder... can't believe that I preordered the Core router and it may not ship until the end of August, even if I preordered it later than others, to have it already available at Amazon with a 2 day delivery time and to think I may have to wait up to 23 more days for it to ship sucks!  Sure, I got a great deal (thank you for that Norton), sure I have good things to say about your software products, but I would think that you'd have the product ship at least at the same time it was made available to the public.  OK, guess I'll go get some cheese to go with my w(h)ine... just figured you should hear it as I'm sure others feel the same.

Kudos1 Stats

See employee Gayathri's post here.  https://community.norton.com/en/comment/7566861#comment-7566861

You are free to cancel your order and lose your Norton discount and pay for the 2 day shipping from another source. 

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Kudos0

peterweb,

Thanks for pointing out the obvious, genius, maybe that label of 'guru' has swollen your head a bit.  If you had read between the lines you would have gotten the message.  You will have no impact on my 20+ years of using Norton products.  Take care and enjoy the remainder of your week.  Recommend you find someone to actually help vice someone to throw sarcasm at.  Later. 

Kudos0

Hi @PadreDiTRex, I've known @peterweb for a while, and from my experience, his post was not meant as sarcastic or demeaning. It's hard to "hear" inflection over the internet, but I find it best to assume positive intent, especially when it's a bit ambiguous. Also you're upset about the delivery dates for ordering from Norton directly (at a discount) versus through Amazon. You're not alone. I can appreciate your frustration; I think Peterweb was pointing out the advantages of preordering as well.

Tony Weiss | Norton Forums Global Community Manager | Symantec Corporation
Kudos0

Tony,

I can appreciate your position and I'm sure Peter has helped many people, and I think that is really cool of him, kudos Peter.  I revisited my position after re-reading the post, I still cannot see that as anything short of sarcasm.  It is blatantly obvious that I could do what he suggested.  To you Peter, do highlight the good points of the product and consider falling short of insulting someones intelligence.

As for the 'preorder', when customers preorder a product (movie, music, etc.), they get it right after the release, not a month later.

Either way, as previously noted, I appreciate Norton's security products and utilities, I hope that this router and its features live up to the quality delivered with their software.  I'll remain patient regarding the arrival of my Core router; yet, I'll also remain disappointed in the delay in receiving it.  Take care Tony and Peter, keep helping those that can us it.  Ciao.

Kudos2 Stats

I too am Impatient  to receive my preordered Norton Core.

A look at the Norton Core forum posts suggest one positive of waiting - there's a lot of early adopters debugging/knowledge being accumulated which will make my installation easier

Kudos0

I am also anxiously awaiting my Norton Core.  I believe Norton is just following a standard business practice of servicing the high-rollers first.  If we had each ordered 10,000+ Norton Core routers, we would most likely have received ours long ago.

Krikorr makes a good point about the early adopters taking the debugging hits, It has me feeling a lot better about waiting.

Kudos0

I, too, am awaiting my Norton Core ... I pre-ordered two months ago and was surprised to see others commenting about ordering on amazon and getting 2-day delivery ... I've used Norton products since Norton Tools in the 80s and feel long-time customers should get preference over amazon users ... if they can get 2-day delivery why have I been waiting two months ...