• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos1 Stats

Your Session Has Expired. Please log in to your Norton Account?!!!!

For the past two hours I've been trying to get into my Identity Safe using Firefox and Windows 7.  I've tried to log in a dozen times and a little Norton window in the bottom corner comes up with a red X and says "Your session has expired. Please log in to your Norton Account" when I have NOT even gotten in yet.  I just need this to work :(  I use it ALL DAY long at work. HELP!!

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Your Session Has Expired. Please log in to your Norton Account?!!!!

I've been getting the same all day, even when I'm logged in to my Norton account I get the same. I've tried the solutions suggested in Norton Support but no go.

Kudos0

Same here on MAC and PC and on Edge, Firefox, and Google. I also tried all the suggestions and no luck.

Kudos1 Stats

Just fixed mine in Firefox. Try going to "Addons" then "Extensions" and remove Norton Identity Safe. Close Firefox and then restart it. Go to "Addons" then "Extensions" and search for Norton Identity Safe and install it. Everything is working fine for me after doing this. This isn't the first time this has happened so I searched back in my forum activity from June and found the FIX!!

Kudos0

I have the same. I can sign into the vault using the norton security app. When I try to sign into the firefox vault I keep being told the session has expired and I need to sign in. This cycle just repeats. Initially it was OK if I rebooted, but that is not working now. Tried the above solution (remove the extension, restart firefox ...) but unfortunately that did not work.

Kudos0

Lost telephone and internet for a day due to Hurricane Irma. Now I can't login to Identity Safe via the browser extensions in Firefox or MS Edge. I instead see the following error: 

"Norton Identity Safe

Your session has expired. Please log in to your Norton Account."

I've cleared cookies in both browsers (and all history in Edge) and rebooted the PC, still no luck.

Anyone have a fix for this? Do I need to uninstall and reinstall the extensions?

Kudos0

Uninstall of extensions or addons did not work for me on either device. Norton Team where are you!

Kudos0

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for reporting in Norton Community Forums. Could you please provide below information for further investigation?

- Norton Identity Safe extension version added in browser

- Are you able access vault from portal? https://identitysafe.norton.com

- Are you facing issue in all browsers (Google Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Internet Explorer)? 

Sunil_GA | Norton Forums Administrator | Symantec Corporation
Kudos0

I'm having the same problem.

Kudos0

Tried doing this but with no success.

Kudos0

Tried this - but the screen just flicked on and off repeatedly 

Using Edge Windows 10

Kudos0

NIS Extension version 3.0.0.298

Yes I can access the vault, just can't log in to the extension.

I only use Firefox, haven't tried any other browser.

Kudos0

Sunil_GA:

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for reporting in Norton Community Forums. Could you please provide below information for further investigation?

- Norton Identity Safe extension version added in browser

- Are you able access vault from portal? https://identitysafe.norton.com

- Are you facing issue in all browsers (Google Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Internet Explorer)? 

@Sunil_GA

ID Safe extension in Edge:  Version 2.2.1.117

ID Safe Extension in FF:      Version 2.1.0.24

Yes, I can access the Vault from the portal.  Upon more testing, I can reach the portal, but selecting any of the log-ins does not provide auto-fill via the Visit Site button and requests you sign into your Vault - it then goes to a blank page when you try to sign into your vault..

Facing the issue on Firefox and Edge.  Works correctly on Chrome.   IE is not working -has been crashing for a couple of weeks - just gave up[ on using it.

The Local Vault is still working in Chrome.

Kudos0

I have the same problem in Chrome.  Removing and re-installing the extension did not help.

Kudos0

This is an issue for me using Firefox and Windows 7. Removing and re-installing the extension did not help. Spent an hour with Support which included reinstall of firefox (a very big pain) and still not working.

Kudos0

When I try to access from the link supplied my Win 10 chrome browser, laptop flickers on and off after entering my password and hitting enter.  Norton support what are you doing?????? Even the support messages and suggestions are no good!!

Kudos0

I too can not log in to Norton account in Microsoft Edge 40.15063.0.0 to the open Identity Safe extension 2.2.1.117 I tried restarting the computer, uninstall than reinstall Identity Safe and just tried "Are you able access vault from portal" and no I was not able to that as well. 

I also tried to open Identity Safe extension 3.0.0.298 in Firefox 55.0.3 and could not log in.

Edit: I ran the Windows Update last night for Win10 64 H 1703. This morning was the first time I have run into this "Your session has expired. Please log in to your Norton Account" issue of not being able to log in.

Kudos1 Stats

Same here.  Toolbar tells me session expired and I cant login online either it just constantly refreshes page after i put in credentials.

Firefox 55.0.3 (32-bit)

Windows 7 Profesional

Kudos0

Windows 10 AND Windows 7 computers - Problem just started today 9/13

Both running Chrome

Bother running Norton Identity Safe extension version 3.0.0.298

I AM able to access vault from portal

Kudos0

Same here.  Toolbar tells me session expired and I cant login online either it just constantly refreshes page after i put in credentials.

I.D.Safe 3.0.0.298

Firefox 55.0.3 (64-bit)

Windows 7 Profesional

Kudos0

Having the same issue on all platforms, including windows 10. Attempt to sign in to identity safe to load my passwords.  This would then bring up the log in screen for Norton account.  When I sign in to my account, it only brings up the (enter) password section fro the vault.  As soon as I enter the password I immediately receive the "your session has expired.  Log in to your account" message again.  This just happened within last several months with Norton.  It is tiresome already. Where is Norton support?  The last time, it took hours.  I really don't have time, nor the patience, to be doing this

Kudos0

Me too, Windows 7, Firefox, Chrome, both computers. Started last night.

Kudos0

Thanks everyone for providing requested details. Our team looking into this issue and will update once we get more details on it. 

Kudos0

not the same as others because i'm not getting a time out message just infinite loading.

it was fine earlier today but started after a forced windows 10 update,this is happening on firefox,i've tried uninstalling the add on and got a fresh install so that is the latest version.i also double checked that firefox is up to date.

i can access the vault via the browser tab,it is also working through chrome without issue.

Kudos0

For Identity Safe extension 2.2.1.117 in Microsoft Edge 40.15063.0.0 I was able to log in and confirm working now.

Edit: Just tried Identity Safe extension 3.0.0.298 in Firefox 55.0.3 also working as it should.

Thank you for the quick fix. 

Kudos0

NIS extension is now working again. I just had a Windows Update so perhaps that had something to do with it?

Kudos0

Identity Safe appears to be working now. Thank you

Kudos0

Same issue.  Keep being asked to log in and then when opening the vault he browser (all types) just endlessly circles after you enter the password for the cloud vault.  If you go direct to the vault using the link above that also accepts the password and then endlessly circles.  This has been happening on and off all day.

Kudos0

started working again for me.

Kudos0

Still not working Files are 1.0.5 and 2017.11.1.24.

What does this all mean?

John R.

Kudos0

Spoke to soon. It was working in Firefox and with Windows 7. Now when I attempt to sign in it just hangs.

Kudos0

Go here >>  https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/norton-identity-safe/?src... and click Add to Firefox. Fixed it for me.

Kudos0

What are Norton people doing about this? I'm ready to terminate my subscription. 

Kudos0

I changed nothing, but Norton must have done something.
Both my Windows 10 and Windows 7 Chrome Extensions are now working correctly.

Kudos0

Does not work for me yet. This has been happening off and on for 3 days. I can log in on the link Symantec put on this thread. I can login to the app on my pc. I can login on my phone. 

Chrome and Edge will not let me sign in. I have shut down many times and reinstalled. Nothing works.

Edge - when I click on IS logo in upper right corner, it says I am not logged in. When I click to sign in, it just spins forever. Today it allowed me to sign in around 8:00 a.m., and around 3:00 pm. I have been trying to sign in since then with no luck. From 4:00 to 8:44 pm. This is with me already being logged in on the IS desktop app.

Why should I have to login twice? 

I hope someone from Symantec finally responds to this thread.

Kudos0

Hello

Have the Windows 10 users turned off Fast Startup? Have you run Live Update this afternoon, restart and run it again to make you have the latest updates. A Product  Update and Patch came thru and should be restarted, You can find a description of the Update over on the right side of the Norton Security Board under  Hot Issues and Fixes.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit NS with BackUp 22.10.1.10 I E 11
Kudos0

Update to previous post.

2 hours later, kept uninstalling and installing. 

Still not working.

I have auto updates but still nothing to update.

Will check again later.

Kudos0

peke:

Will check again later.

Hopefully your problem is solved. If not please check if the Norton Service Status in you area shows anything not working in your area. Please note at the bottom "For additional information on Norton services, or if you are experiencing a problem unrelated to a service interruption or outage, please visit Support"

Keep us posted. Thanks.

Windows 7 HP SP1 32-bit | Chrome 61.0.3163.79 | NS 22.10.1.10
Kudos0

Hi Everyone,

This issue should be resolved by now. If you are still facing Norton Identity Safe login issue, please clear browser cache and let us know the issue status. Thanks. 

Kudos0

It's working!!!!

Kudos0

Not working with Microsoft Edge.  Continues the spinning graphic display indicating it is signing in.  Cleared cache and did not make any difference.  I was able to open the Vault in Firefox however.

Kudos0

Fast Startup if off. Cache has been cleared. NIS patch updated. Computer restarted.

Still spinning...

Kudos0

Half hour later, it started working. However, it has been off and on for 3 days so we'll see if it is truly fixed.

Kudos0

FWIW - in EDGE I did get the spinning logging in the first time I tried to enter my vault- as it has done after entering your vault password.  I exited from Edge, reentered Edge and clicked on the ID Safe Icon again and was requested to sign into my Norton Account, which I did successfully and then it asked for my Vault password - entered it and got into my Vault.

Tried it in FF and first time I clicked on the Norton Icon, I go the request to log in to my Norton Account nd then the request for my Vault Password.  This is what I expected to occur.

Kudos0

Running Windows 10 with Edge browser. Encountered the "spinning" sign on screen yesterday morning (the 13th), appeared to be fixed late in the afternoon (around 4pm eastern).  However the problem is back today. Deleted and reloaded extension, did not help

I can access the vault through IE and also via the Internet Security app, however this is no use as credentials don't carry through to the Edge screen.

Kudos0

Not sure of the cause but it is working now on W10 and MAC OS using FF, Edge and Google