• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Virus & Spyware scan not run

Good evening.

I am running the latest Norton (22.10.1.10) and ran and checked the results of the Diagnostic report as I had a problem wih my credit card info being hacked/scammed and was not sure if it had possibly been picked up from my online activities. To my horror I saw that the "Virus and Spyware" Scan was last run on 2015-05-29. Does anyone know why this will have not been run regularly and where I can set it to do so?

I ran a "full scan" and see now that the "Virus and Spyware" Scan indicates that it is run today (2017-09-13). I did not get any problems with this scan.

I do have the diagnostic reports if need be.

Many thanks

Brian

Replies

Accepted Solution
Kudos1 Stats

Re: Virus & Spyware scan not run

Hi, Brian. A Full Scan is normally scheduled to run monthly.

You may want to check that, or change the schedule.

Go to the main UI Settings > Antivirus > Scans and Risks and scroll down to the Full Scan > Configure option.

Pick your preference, and then save that option.

Of course, you can run a Full Scan manually any time you want.

Windows 10 X64 Creators Update
Kudos0

Thanks for that feeedback, much appreciated - quite simple to setup actually, should have found it myself 

I did see that it was set to run every 30 days in any case. However, I have changed it to monthy and will now keep an eye on it to see that it does run.

The good lesson for me was that it has highlighted me to the fact that I should probably re-visit all my settings again.

Kind regards

Brian

Kudos1 Stats

The good lesson for me was that it has highlighted me to the fact that I should probably re-visit all my settings again.

And if you need to learn more about your Norton:

Main UI  > Help > Help Center Window |  Help using this product on the left side | Video Tutorials and Product Manual besides other interesting links.

All the best.

Windows 7 HP SP1 32-bit | Chrome 61.0.3163.79 | NS 22.10.1.10
Kudos0

Brian Melvill-Smith:

Thanks for that feeedback, much appreciated - quite simple to setup actually, should have found it myself 

I did see that it was set to run every 30 days in any case. However, I have changed it to monthy and will now keep an eye on it to see that it does run.

Kind regards

Brian

Brian, it's worth checking your settings whenever a patch is issued or a reinstall is done.

Norton SHOULD keep the settings, but doesn't always.

@Brian Melvill-Smith

Windows 10 X64 Creators Update