• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Norton Core app UI

Having recently received Core, I am finding that the app in its current version of 1.19 (Android) has the following issues:

It will perform an "automatic" network speed self check when opening the drop down menu and selecting "Network", without asking it to do so. The test will run for up to 5 minutes on occasions which is extremely annoying.

Randomly, when selecting the Guest Network the app will freeze then totally close itself.

When a threat was blocked on my WiFi connected laptop the notification didn't appear on the primary device where the app is right away. Samsung Galaxy Note4 Android 6.0.1 The Core then began resetting the wifi connection to my primary Android device and showing the network as "offline" when ALL connected devices were still online. After a power cycle of the Core and multiple phone reboots the app allowed me to "uncheck" the [ = ] icon and re-enable the wifi on that device. Thread: https://community.norton.com/en/forums/core-android-app-and-norton-clean-mobile

More to come as I see them appear

Cheers

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" Windows 10 Professional x 64 Fall Creators Update version 1709 build 16299.16 / NSBU 22.11.0.41 Traditional

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton Core app UI

The app updated to version 1.20.1, the guest network settings now work as they should.

*Automatic speed check when selecting the main screen for network still is an issue. Should not run unless asked to do so.

Connection / device auto blocking for no apparent reason has ceased.

Cheers

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" Windows 10 Professional x 64 Fall Creators Update version 1709 build 16299.16 / NSBU 22.11.0.41 Traditional
Kudos0

Hi,

Could you notify me after triggering logs for the speed check issue? Thank you. 

-Gayathri

Gayathri R | Norton Forums Administrator | Symantec Corporation
Kudos0

@Gayathri_R  The initial speed check from setup FINALLY completed. Dated 03 Oct. 2017 0940 am. I then ran another speed check and it returned the correct date of today, 10 Oct 2017 12:01pm. Sent logs and got a failure on the 1st attempt. The second attempt was successful with incident ID:4 Cheers!!

Kudos0

Follow-up: Since the firmware update to version 193 all the small lingering issues have no longer appeared. @Gayathri_R Thank you for your assistance. Cheers