• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

I have been blocked from logging onto Facebook as it claims that I have malware and must add a ESET program to scan all my files

I have been blocked from logging onto Facebook account unless I download their Malware scanning software ESET. I have so far refused to download this program and  have 360 and no malware found with repeated up to date scans. I was able to briefly scan my FB page with 360-found nothing- before being blocked again and the 360 was automatically deactivated from watching my FB page.

Any ideas please??

Replies

Kudos0

Re: I have been blocked from logging onto Facebook as it claims that I have malware and must add a ESET program to scan all my files

What is interesting is that people are still posting in a Norton forum for a problem that has nothing to do with Norton or any other AV company. 

This is an issue with Facebook falsely identifying their accounts as being compromised.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos1 Stats

Re: I have been blocked from logging onto Facebook as it claims that I have malware and must add a ESET program to scan all my files

I have Norton 360 for many years. It works fine. Now Facebook falcely accuses Norton that it does not do its job well. Company like FB pretends to know better. OK. It is needed to let Norton Community know, that somebody is "better" than Norton. We pay high price for our protection and Norton works fine for us. This FB forced "scan" can open back door for FB to install on our systems who know what. To copy all our files and secrets. To hijack our computers right before our eyes. 

As a Norton user I expect some official reaction from Norton to let Us know what is going on?

Peterweb Guru - do you understand the problem? We are talking about undermining the Trust to Noton products. 

Have nice day

Kudos0

...do ESET users see [add a ESET program to scan all my files] message?  

Kudos0

Peterweb Guru - do you understand the problem? We are talking about undermining the Trust to Noton products. 

I do understand what you are saying. But what would you want a Norton employee to say? All they can say is "that it is a bug with the handling of Facebook accounts. Norton is not involved and neither are all the other AV manufacturers."

Here is on example of a McAfee user with the same FB issue. Searching will find other examples of other AV users with the same FB problem.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

peterweb:

I do understand what you are saying. But what would you want a Norton employee to say? All they can say is "that it is a bug with the handling of Facebook accounts. Norton is not involved and neither are all the other AV manufacturers."

Here is on example of a McAfee user with the same FB issue. Searching will find other examples of other AV users with the same FB problem.

It should be of concern to Norton, not only that, but they could do something, just like my website provider Weebly did, which has millions of users : a few years  ago Facebook blocked all of Weebly accounts from sharing any of their content, claiming there are websites on Weebly that are infected ! Weebly very quickly reacted to this and within NO TIME Facebook access was restored!   

Kudos0

Exactly right, Richard 2017!
On my main computer I will NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES allow Facebook to do that silly scan! So I have access to one account, but the other 2 are blocked! Yet on this supposedly infected computer I was able to open another Facebook account (with a different e-mail). 
If there was such an option, I would gladly share the results of my Norton Scan with Facebook. But there isn't: you either let them scan you,or you are locked out!

Kudos0

And now, it seems as if at least the Kaspersky "cleaner" may actually have been a plant from, well..  Read this.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/11/wikileaks-drops-vault-8-cia-wrot...

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.