• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Norton safe web vs firefox 56.0.2

When I use nola.com and try to make a reply to a comment I get a message that says "it seems you are attempting to post malformed content." when I have the norton safe web add-on enabled and it will not let me post the reply.  I can however make my own comments on the site just cannot reply to other comments made by others.  When I disable norton safe web it allows me to make my reply.  This only happens when using firefox not chrome.  Tried to send you attachments but they are jpg files,which you won't accept.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton safe web vs firefox 56.0.2

Kudos0

Kudos0

Thanks for the help!

Kudos0

Hello

Perhaps this will help.

http://blog.nola.com/connect/page/nolacom_contacts_services_and.html

Btw, the site didn't look perfect to me using Windows 7Pro 64 bit, I E  11 It might be their site, emphasis on might.

Have a Good Night and

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit NS with BackUp 22.11.2.7 Core 202 I E 11
Kudos0

flopot, thanks for the reply. Talked to nola.com tech support twice about this.  They tried to help too.  My concern is since it works with Chrome and IE and not firefox with the safe web add-on enabled the problem must be between firefox and norton.  firefox support tried to help with a lot of suggestions and suggest that I contact norton.  Since if I disable norton safe web in firefox and it does work the problem must or should be between norton safe web and firefox latest versions and not nola.com. Appears to be no problem with norton tool bar and safe browsing version 4 enabled.  Problem only occurs with safe web enabled in firefox.  No problem using Chrome.  thanks.

Kudos0

Hello

What happens with Safe Search enabled? I don't use FF, so I can't check it out.

Have a Nice Day and

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit NS with BackUp 22.11.2.7 Core 202 I E 11
Kudos0

Currently, safe search enabled does not keep me from posting a reply on nola.com.  The problem is with safe web enabled.  If I disable safe web I can post the reply.

Kudos0

Hello mdlafleur

Currently that website has a Green OK in Safe Web. I am going to ask Safe Web to re-evaluate that website to see if it is still green OK. If it is still a Green OK, I don't know why a clean website with a Green OK would stop you from signing in, but I will follow up with Safe Web and have them see your thread.

Please stay tuned to this thread for a response from the Safe Web Team on Sunday night after midnight.

Have a Good Night and

Thanks.

Kudos0

Thank you, I do not think that the problem is with the web site nola.com.  I believe that it is with firefox 56.0.2 and safe web.  I have no problems using Chrome or IE to reply to the comments in nola.com, only when using firefox with the safe web add-on enabled. If I disable the norton safe web add-on in firefox then I can reply to the comments.

thanks for your help.

Kudos0

Hello mdlafleur

I am going to ask the Safe Web to find out if they know anything about this issue.

Please check back to this thread for a response from the Safe Web Team on Monday night after midnight EST.
Have a Good Night and

Thanks.

Kudos0

Hello

Please click on  the Safe Web Icon and check out the Safe Web Icon can do. I hear that FF57 doesn't even have a Norton Toolbar. Safe Search is combined with Safe Web now.

Please see this KB

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v124328498_EndUserProfile_en_us

Have a Good Night and

Thanks.

Kudos0

Floplot, many thanks for your help.  am disappointed that FF57 doesn't have the Norton Toolbar.  May wait a while before updating to ff57 because I really like using Norton Toolbar.

Kudos0

Hello

I think you can blame FF for Norton not having a Toolbar. I don't think that FF would allow a Toolbar any more. I don't use FF, but reading the other threads in the Forum, I am picking up some pointers. Perhaps the Mozilla site also has some comments about those things also.

Have a Good Night and

Thanks.

Kudos0

Hi @mdlafleur,

Thanks for reporting in Norton Community Forums. I'm not able to reproduce this issue with Firefox 57 and latest Norton Safe Web/Norton Identity Safe extensions enabled. Do you have any other extensions enabled in Firefox browser? 

Sunil_GA | Norton Forums Administrator | Symantec Corporation