• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

*Help ASAP* Norton ConnectSafe is blocking ALMOST EVERYTHING !

Hello ! It all started about 1 month ago when i opened Steam from my desktop. Instead of Steam , this popped up :
I closed steam , opened it again and everything was okay , until 5 days ago. It started to block 30% of the websites i need but i wasn't scared because after page refresh everything seemed okay again. But with each new day , this thing started to block more and more , and simple page refresh wasn't effective, it was 3 days ago. This was getting serious, i thought that i have got some kinda virus (My PC doesn't have any anti-virus program) I scanned my PC with windows stock anti virus stuff and according to them everything was okay...
Yesterday this was getting serious and made me mad , sometimes i couldn't watch YouTube and Facebook because of this, it even started to block GTA Online (It said that i don't have internet connection but i had) 

P.S - I know my English skills are very bad , i hope you can understand my problem... If you guys need more info - please ask here ! :)

File Attachment: 

Replies

Kudos0

Re: *Help ASAP* Norton ConnectSafe is blocking ALMOST EVERYTHING !

Ohh, the image wich pops up almost every time is in ''File attachment'' In the bottom...

Kudos0

Have you restarted your computer since this started happening? If you use Windows 8/8.1 or 10, there can be an issue with the Fast Start feature.. See more information here.

Where did you set up Norton ConnectSafe? On your computer, or the router?

Which level of protection did you choose?

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Kudos0

I've restarted computer several times, it's not working. My PC doesn't have Norton ConnectSafe, actually it doesn't have any Anti virus program. Maybe my router have Norton ConnectSafe , i have no idea...
Is there any way i can find out does my router have it or not ?

Kudos0

If you can access your routers configuration pages, check the DNS settings for the WAN setup. Check those settings against the settings listed on the Norton ConnectSafe web site.   https://connectsafe.norton.com/configureRouter.html

If the DNS settings are similar, except for the last set ie  .20 in the image, you have ConnectSafe setup in the router.

Kudos0

My router's DNS settings are not similar, seems like i don't have Norton on any devices i have... But why does it pop up ?  

Kudos0

Lets check what DNS settings you do have.

Right click on the Windows Start button and click on Command Prompt(Admin). Then enter     ipconfig /all    Scroll down to find you active network adapter and look at the DNS settings. They should look something like my image below. If you can post a screenshot it might help understand what is happening. 

Instructions to post screenshots can be found here
https://community.norton.com/forums/how-post-image-forums-0

Kudos0

Kudos0

The DNS setting should not be 192.168.0.1.

See if this Microsoft Answers post is of any help.

Kudos0

For a moment i thought it helped because websites wasn't getting blocked , but no, it started again 

Edit : I tried '' netsh int ip reset '' 

Kudos0

Check all your network adapter settings and see that under the IPV4 properties, that you have DNS set to automatic settings.

Kudos0

I checked, they are set to automatic.

Kudos0

I found out that i have ''factory defaults'' option on my routers configuration pages. How do you think , can it solve my problem ?!

Kudos0

Not sure that would help. Have you power cycled your router and modem?

What DNS settings are shown in the router?

What did the nslookup command show from the link to MS Answers?

Kudos0

Yes, i have power cycled modem and router.

This is what nslookup command show :
And i believe these are the DNS settings :

Kudos0

Seems like the DNS picture isn't loaded, i'll post it again..

Kudos0

If your router DNS setting is   93.115.31.217, I do not understand why your computer shows 192.168.0.1

Hopefully someone else here, with more network knowledge than I, can provide some insight for this issue.