• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Norton Not Standing Behind Guarantee

In spite of being a faithful Norton customer for years, I have been unable to get CSRs offshore to stand behind the Norton full refund guarantee if a device running Security gets infected. My desktop device is completely unusable past the Microsoft login. It can only be powered off by unplugging. I do not get the option to start in safe mode.

Any suggestions on how to get my device back in working order and/or how to get Norton to stand behind their guarantee will greatly be appreciated.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton Not Standing Behind Guarantee

I believe you need to contact Norton support and let them try and clean out the virus. If they can't then you can get a refund.

Jim

Kudos0

I tried that yesterday to no avail. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Kudos0

Did the Support agent say why they did not/could not offer the VPP?   Have you checked all the details of the VPP here.   https://us.norton.com/nortonservices/guarantee/protection-promise

Note that you have to have Auto Renewal set up for your subscription as one of the requirements for VPP. If you do not have it set up, you can turn it on in your Norton Account. Get the VPP, and then disable it again.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Kudos0

The CSR and Supervisor that I spoke with did nothing. I read the VPP conditions and did not notice that auto-renewal needed to be turned on. What paragraph is that in?

I am let down by the lack of Norton's support and am at a loss of how to get them to fulfill their guarantee. 

Kudos0

first paragraph.

a. Except if You are a Norton Small Business subscriber, You must purchase, renew, or upgrade Your qualifying Norton subscription directly from Norton.com, or subscribe to the Norton Automatic Renewal Service with Your qualifying Norton subscription;

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Kudos0

Thanks. I somehow missed that.