• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Password problem

I have spent loads of time now over the past 4 or 5 days with trying to sort out my password with no joy.  Prior to this experience I last changed my password on 20.10.17.  When I received the duff email from the account CANCELED on 25.11.17 I had to change my password on 26.11.17 at 16:44 and again at 19:06 in order to get into the COMMUNITY.  Then when I tried to get into the COMMUNITY on 27.11.17 I had to reset the password again at 19:19 only to find on 28.11.17 and 29.11.17 I was asked to reset my password again which I find completely nonsensical.  I have been on chat 3 times with the SUPPORT staff and sent screen prints to the team but finally in order to raise this matter in the community I had to reset my password yet again today at 14:41 and to say I am not best pleased is putting it mildly.  I am now getting a 502 ERROR on all options on the IDENTITY SAFE HELP so I would be grateful for some sort of advice or solutions

File Attachment: 

Replies

Kudos1 Stats

Re: Password problem

Sounds Like there is something wrong with your computer if you say text is disappearing. Have you run a full system scan with your Norton product?

I would suggest contacting Norton Support and asking if they have any way to check the password being changed for your account. You can also ask them for the Virus Protection Promise to have them check your computer for anything your regular Norton scan may have missed.    www.norton.com/contactcs

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Kudos0

Can you post a screenshot of the pop up? 

Instructions to post screenshots can be found here
https://community.norton.com/forums/how-post-image-forums-0

Kudos0

I'm including info I received via PM - the OP stated:

Yes by community I mean this forum  If  I take a while to get back to you it is because I am having problems getting back to this forum.  Is the AUTO SAVED pop up genuine or duff? 

In regards to the Auto Saved -when using Edge, I find that it pops up offering to Save you Password - even if you don't use a new password - I usually just select the No Thanks.

<EDIT>  Is the following perhaps what you are referring to by "the green pop up box"?

Kudos0

Pascoenort

If you are referring to the green Auto Save that pops up while tying posts or replies in these forums, then yes they are part of the forum software. 

I have not seen any dialog for saving a password while typing in the forum reply box while using Edge. Could you be referring to a dialog from Identity Safe asking if you want to save the password after you log into the community?

Kudos0

The pop up I am referring to is 

Kudos0

Thanks for confirming that the pop up is genuine.  I am going to finish for the day as I have to get up early tomorrow but I will do as you suggested and contact the Support centre further.

Kudos0

Hello Pascoenort

That Green popup showing every so often is part of the Forum software that saves what you have typed in case you have to check on something lets say on another website and then come back and you would find that your post had disappeared . The auto saved would bring back that lost post you were in the middle of typing.. I haven't seen that Green thing yesterday or today. Perhaps they are trying out a different Auto-Saving program that isn't so intrusive..

I think today there is a quick little notice on the bottom frame off  the  box.you type in. It's very quick.

Have a Good Day and

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit NS with BackUp 22.11.2.7 Core 213 I E 11
Kudos0

Thank you for your response.  Please see text file attached.

File Attachment: 
Kudos0

It has been trying to save my text for at least 35 - 40 minutes.  What's the matter with this system?  see screen shot

Kudos1 Stats

From your text attachment,

I think my pc is infected by a virus from a rogue system which mimics or emulates Norton,   It takes over the pc intermittently from
the NORTON protection.  I tell you I think this.  On Sunday I reported a password problem and was told on chat that I would be
contacted in 24 - 48 hours but to date I have received no response.  Further I have sent loads of screens shots as well
as concatenated screen shots and have received no acknowledgement.  In addition when I did go on to contact the technical 
asked me for my user id and telephone number each time.  Also when they quoted the term I have left on my coverage it was
always a day less than was existent.  Can some one arrange for me to be contacted by the genuine NORTON team so I can
have a thorough scan done on my machine?  Thanks
Also I have copied this text from my forum facility because I have tried to save this for over half and hour and all
I get is that blasted black and yellow spiralling effect.

The genuine Norton contact information is in my first post above.   www.norton.com/contactcs  Use this contact information to ask for the Virus Protection Promise as I advised in my first post. This would get you the scan you are asking about.

Many customers have reported not receiving return phone calls in a timely manner, so that in itself does not indicate you were not talking with genuine Norton Support. If you contacted from the link I gave, it was genuine Norton. Not sure where or how you 'sent loads of screens shots' as Norton support does not use email any more. 

As for the day less showing for your subscription, there may be the international date line between you and the agent. Not a problem. If they were quoting weeks or months difference, that would be a problem.

You will be asked for confirmation of your identity each time you contact Norton. This helps thwart someone trying to hack into your Norton Account.

Kudos0

I have just texted the support team from my admin account that I can now enter both my admin and service account via the password.  Also I can open my VAULT and get the little green circle on my browser pages on both the admin and service account.  Further I can access the VAULT help from my Admin account but still get the 502 error when I do it from my service account.  However, in my service account I can automatically save account logins and passwords using the VAULT facility.  Some of the problems must have arisen because of the WINDOWS 10 recent update not being properly "synced".  I will have to wait for the support team to clear the 502 error.

Kudos0

I have managed to access the VAULT help from my service account today by clearing its BROWSING HISTORY and I have informed the NORTON support team via email.  I am awaiting their response as I now consider this problem resolved.

Kudos0

Hello Pascoenort

Glad you got your issue solved.  Since your issue is now solved, can you please pick out the post which solved the issue for you? You can mark the post by clicking on the Mark As Solution located on the bottom of each post.

Have a Nice Day and

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit NS with BackUp 22.11.2.7 Core 213 I E 11
Kudos0

Thank you for your message. Apologies for sending my message to your email account as I find some of the mechanics  of dealing with COMMUNITY activity unclear.  I am not a natural IT person and find some of the things which INTERNET users intuit quite easily almost mysterious.  In the case of this problem  I think the “syncing” of the 2 accounts contributed quite a bit to resolving the matter but I don’t know what the Support team did unbeknownst to me.  The resolution was a gradual process where some of the things worked almost in incremental stages - as though some sort of fixes where being applied by the Support team.  In such a situation can I choose an item I posted as I know Microsoft doesn’t allow a user to claim a solution of your own problem even if they have done so.  Thanks again for your help.

Regards