• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Where is NS 22.12?

Hi

It's been 5 days since the staff made a post about there being an update to Norton Security, v.22.12

My version is 22.11 and no matter how many times I get Norton Security to check for a new update, no update is being detected.  Why is this?

I know it's being phased in but normally these updates are available to me as soon as the forum notification is made of a new update.  How long is this "phase in" period stretching out for?  When can it be expected for all NS owners to be able to update.

I am currently in the UK if that makes any difference.

Thank you.

Replies

Accepted Solution
Kudos0

Re: Where is NS 22.12?

Hi Myrms1,

The update to v22.12 has been pulled back again from the LiveUpdate server and it will be released at a later time in an even slower than usual phased manner.  You can keep an eye on this post by Mohan_G to be informed when this will happen. I personally have turned off Automatic Download of New Version in Administrative Settings and wait to turn it on when I see the new patch is reposted and works.

All the best.

Windows 7 HP SP1 32-bit | Chrome 65.0.3325.146 | NS 22.12.1.15
Kudos0

Thank you for the information. :)

Kudos0

You're welcome! 

Kudos1 Stats

Turning off Automatic Download of New Version will not stop you from going from 22.11 to 22.12 since it is considered a minor update. It will only stop going from 22 to 23 which would be a major update.

Jim

Kudos0

Turning off Automatic Download of New Version will not stop you from going from 22.11 to 22.12 since it is considered a minor update. It will only stop going from 22 to 23 which would be a major update.

You are probably right, Jim.  Let's do this. I 'll leave my setting OFF as said above , and if I receive the update all the same I will come back and recognize you are right. Thanks.

Kudos0

The way it works is minor updates like 22.12 comes through the Live Update process. The new version process is different and is suppose to download the new major version and alert you and then you can install it when you want. It has been a number of years since 22 was released an all updates have come through Live Updates. 

I have asked Norton to refine that option.

https://community.norton.com/en/forums/automatic-download-new-version-option

Jim

Kudos0

Hello

The last major update if I remember correctly was 22.5. That was released just before Windows 10 came out. It was also the time when Symantec stopped calling the products by yearly versions like NIS 2011 for example.

Have a Good Night and

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit NSBU 22.17.0.183 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.