• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Unblock A Blocked Domain

How do I unblock a domain (clzbooks.r.sizr.io) that my Norton Core blocked as a Malicious site.

Thanks.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Unblock A Blocked Domain

Ron, in your Core App look at your "notifications" area, open the little bell icon at the top right of the main screen. Under notification it MAY still have an entry asking whether you want to allow that site on the device it was detected on. You can deny or allow it.

Cheers

Retired military (Navy 1980-2002) "From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows 10 Professional x 64 version 1803 / build 17134.319 / NSBU 22.15.1.8 / Norton Core v.267
Kudos0

Thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately no opportunity to deny or allow. There were notifications for 2 of my devices but it is also blocked on a third device for which I received no notification at all.

Do I have any other options? Will a router reset clear it out?

Thanks.

Kudos0

I didn't receive any notifications in the notifications area, they only show in the activity feed so you can't allow or disallow.  It also doesn't show under settings security Managed Blocked Sites.  Again, this appears to be another bug in the app as there is nothing you can do.   IOS app 1.27

Kudos0

Ron, a router reset will clear things as long as you remove the Core from your account and start from scratch. PITA.

Cheers

Retired military (Navy 1980-2002) "From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows 10 Professional x 64 version 1803 / build 17134.319 / NSBU 22.15.1.8 / Norton Core v.267
Kudos0

Router reset won't stop the site from being blocked.

Kudos0

No sir but it will clear the current entries.  If you just reset the settings stored in the cloud will return. Starting over from scratch and removing Core from the account removes those entries and gives a refresh. iOS 1.27 needs an update, my Android 1.29 will show the site in notifications and allow to use the site or block.

Cheers

Kudos0

You can try submit that URL to Bluecoat. https://sitereview.bluecoat.com/sitereview.jsp Select Norton Core on Filtering Service
Kudos0

How long you been using Core. Is that domain site working recently on Core? . Please change DNS to ISP's DNS on Core App.
Kudos0

If its working on ISP dns, then toggle it back to Norton Secure and check. Core will reboot after changes. Wait for a minute.
Kudos0

Thanks for the replies.  I'll give them a try tomorrow.

Kudos0

I did submit the URL to Bluecoat for review as suggested.

Thanks.

Kudos0

Hello

Core needs a service like Safe Web like where I can communicate with them on a case by case situation.

Have a Good Night and

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit NS with BackUp 22.15.1.8 Core Firmware 267 I E 11
Kudos0

All: FYI, changing the DNS values on Core isn't going to remove or prevent a malicious URL from detection. Having Blue Coat evaluate is the first step, the second will be when a fresh firmware update is released, in that we can remove/allow and even see these things in the notifications area on both Android and iOS. Currently iOS app has this issue albeit there are a handful of Android app users as well with it.

FWIW!! Downloaded the Android app for CLZ Books and installed. I didn't sign up for obvious reasons, and Norton Mobile Security nor Core detected anything. So it seems obvious that a redirect to the site in question is coming from within the search (cloud based) within the app database. The most prudent course of action would be contacting the app developer and notify them of this instance. Its apparently their issue since Norton products are doing what we paid for them to do.  Lets wait for the Blue Coat return as well.

Cheers

Kudos0

Thanks to all for the assistance.  I did receive an email from Blue Coat this morning saying the URL has been reclassified as Technology/Internet.

So I think I will just wait and see for a while to see how things play out.

I did contact Collectorz.com about the issue, they are the ones who pointed me back to the Core router based on previous reports they had received.

Thanks again for the responses. I will report back when/if anything changes.

Ron

Kudos0

Hello,

Could please help to unblock for the following :

doc-08-c0-docs.googleusercontent.com

doc-00-c0-docs.googleusercontent.com

Thanks in advance.

Kudos0

LSH IF Core is blocking the links you posted, follow this link and have bluecoat do a review. They however appear to be Google documents which we cannot access here on the forums: https://sitereview.bluecoat.com/sitereview.jsp

Cheers

Accepted Solution
Kudos1 Stats

FYI ...

As I said last week the Blue Coat review resulted in the collectorz.com book image site (clzbooks.r.sizr.io) being reclassified so it was no longer categorized as malicious. 

I had to reboot my Norton Core router last night and this morning I am able to access  the site without problem. So I will consider my issue solved.

Thanks again to all who assisted.

Ron

Kudos0

Good. Glad your issue was resolved.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.