• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Custom Full Scan Unstoppable?

When I woke my system up from sleep this morning at 7am a full system scan which had been scheduled for 1am started.  I could find no way to stop it.

Settings/Admin/Background Tasks/Configure did not even show the scan, which was "Joe's Weekly Full Scan".

I knew it was "Joe's ...Scan" because there was a brief notice over the taskbar when it started.  

Had to reboot to get it to stop.

Windows 7.  Norton 22.12.1.15.

Any Ideas?  Thanks,

Joe

Replies

Accepted Solution
Kudos1 Stats

Re: Custom Full Scan Unstoppable?

Hi Joe,

Welcome to the Norton Community Forums! 

To view or stop a running Custom full scan open Norton main UI > Security > Scans | tick Custom scan and then click go. In the Scans window click
       Running (written on an orange small rectangle)
at the right of Full System Scan, and the running scan should appear and you can now stop it or view it running..

Hope it helps.

P.S. Please note that the above refers to Norton Security, and since you posted in a different product board, I am not sure if the above applies as said.

Windows 7 HP SP1 32-bit | Chrome 65.0.3325.146 | NS 22.12.1.15
Kudos0

Will try it tomorrow. 

Thanks,

Joe

Kudos0

Rainbow_2 has it pretty close.  In the Scans window it does indeed show that the Custom scan is running.  The "running" status is not clickable.  You click the yellow "Run" rectangle and will then be given the option to stop the scan.

I did not click the "Run" rectangle before because I thought it would start another instance of the scan, probably locking up my computer.

Needs a little UI tweak.

Thanks,

Joe

Kudos0

Glad to have been of some help.

As to "I did not click the "Run" rectangle before because I thought it would start another instance of the scan...." No, I did  it  now before this post, I let it start and after it had scanned a few files I interrupted it.  I was asked if I really wanted to interrupt it and I confirmed it.  So no problem at all, but again please remember that I am using Norton Security, as already pointed out in my previous post.

All the best.

Windows 7 HP SP1 32-bit | Chrome 65.0.3325.146 | NS 22.12.1.15

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.