• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

502 Error when Clicking ? (Help)

Good morning just wanted to report I'm getting a 502 error when trying to access Help by clicking the ? button from inside the Norton interface. Specifically the Settings menu. Perhaps it's only effecting my region. Anyone else get the same ?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: 502 Error when Clicking ? (Help)

@Mohan_G   

@Sunil_GA

This is a backend issue which someone on the team should have a look at. Every setting returns the same error of 502, indications are for a bad gateway. ALL settings return the same error when clicking the ? beside them.

Cheers

Retired military (Navy 1980-2002) "From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows 10 Professional x 64 version 1803 / build 17134.319 / NSBU 22.15.1.8 / Norton Core v.267
Kudos2 Stats

Hi @Marc Hoppe 55,

Thanks for reporting in Norton Community Forums. Are you still getting 502 page error? Can you please provide below details?

- Default browser

- Are you getting 502 page errors for all Norton In product help "?" links? 

- Norton version number installed

- Operating system

Sunil_GA | Norton Forums Administrator | Symantec Corporation
Kudos0

Default Browser: Firefox  59.0.2 (64 bit)

Yes all the "?" links I've tried return the 502 error.

Version number 22.14.0.54

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

Let me know if you need any other information. I just checked and the 502 errors are still occurring.

Accepted Solution
Kudos0

As requested by Sunil_GA I'm posting the solution to this issue that worked for me. I had to clear Firefox's "Cached Web Content" in order to get the 502 errors to stop and now I can access the Help web pages.

What is the procedure for marking a thread as Solved here ? It doesn't look like I can edit my original post any longer and I don't see any obvious button to mark a thread as solved. 

Kudos0

Hello Marc Your thread was not created as "I need a solution" therefore a solution cannot be given other than orally. Normally you'd check the box under the post that gave you the solution, that would then mark the thread as solved.

Cheers

Retired military (Navy 1980-2002) "From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows 10 Professional x 64 version 1803 / build 17134.319 / NSBU 22.15.1.8 / Norton Core v.267
Kudos0

Ahh I see, thank you. When I started the thread I just assumed it was a server issue that really didn't require a personal "solution" and was just reporting the issue. I checked later and I was able to access the Help pages when on other systems so I assume it must have been a temporary issue that just got stuck in that system's Cache.

Kudos0

Thanks for the update, @Marc Hoppe 55. I have update the solution status for this thread .

Sunil_GA | Norton Forums Administrator | Symantec Corporation
Kudos0

Getting same in IE & FF. Was OK few days ago - all caches cleared - no improvement

Kudos0

Hello

I'm getting it  in IE 11 Win 7 Pro 64 bit when I click on the Related Links on the bottom of the ?, that is if the ? works.

Norton Security with Backup

version 22.14.0.54

Have a Good Night and

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit NS with BackUp 22.15.1.8 Core Firmware 267 I E 11
Kudos0

Been getting this same error when trying to contact support through AutoFix for quite a while, this was so at beginning April. 9th April installed 22.14, this then worked along with all Help. Got thru' to support 3rd May via AutoFix Ok about something else. Few days later tried 'Help' and error 502, likewise Support. Running Windows 8.1 with IE 11 &FF 59. Like wise Laptop but Laptop works OK so completely baffled. Cleared all caches down to bone, still an issue.

Kudos0

Been on to On-Line support. They completely uninstalled Norton and then done a fresh install. Problem solved whilst on-line support still live. After reboot tried again - back to not working. Got back to on-line support, replicated issue - will escalate - their response was that servers not available - permanently?

Kudos0

I'm glad to see I am not the only one with this issue.  Spent several hours yesterday with support and they were unable to resolve.  Support elevated the level of investigating the fix, but nothing back so far.

Kudos0

eghanson, Today trying to make any contact with Norton including support just brings up 502 errors. Password generator brings up Page Not available. Done clear browser caches, flushed DNS - no difference.

Kudos0

Managed to get thru' to support https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/info BUT did not sign in, after signing-in is when 502 error appeared. Apparently known issue with IE - patch available 21st May ?. With me, issue appeared sometime between 3rd & 6th May - very strange.

Kudos0

I get a 502 error with all 4 different browsers.  I believe the error is due to how the URL string is created and used to connect to the Norton server.  This is the last URL string that created 502 error for me:

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/norton-security/22.14.0.54/solutions...

Kudos0

Getting the same error 502: 

502 - Web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server.

There is a problem with the page you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed. When the Web server (while acting as a gateway or proxy) contacted the upstream content server, it received an invalid response from the content server.

Kudos0

This is one of the various issues that Norton can't or won't fix. Even sending private messages does no good - they do not have the decency to reply - why should they worry after all we are only paying customers.

Kudos0

It turns out that the fix for the 502 error was to create a new user profile and use that profile to access Norton Help and to renew my subscription.  Apparently, my default user profile was corrupted and causes the generation of  this error?

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.