• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

502 Error when Clicking ? (Help)

Good morning just wanted to report I'm getting a 502 error when trying to access Help by clicking the ? button from inside the Norton interface. Specifically the Settings menu. Perhaps it's only effecting my region. Anyone else get the same ?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: 502 Error when Clicking ? (Help)

@Mohan_G   

@Sunil_GA

This is a backend issue which someone on the team should have a look at. Every setting returns the same error of 502, indications are for a bad gateway. ALL settings return the same error when clicking the ? beside them.

Cheers

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" MS Certified Professional / Windows 10 Professional x 64 version 1709 / build 16299.371 / NSBU 22.14.0.54 EAP / Norton Core v.237 / Norton BETA tester
Kudos2 Stats

Hi @Marc Hoppe 55,

Thanks for reporting in Norton Community Forums. Are you still getting 502 page error? Can you please provide below details?

- Default browser

- Are you getting 502 page errors for all Norton In product help "?" links? 

- Norton version number installed

- Operating system

Sunil_GA | Norton Forums Administrator | Symantec Corporation
Kudos0

Default Browser: Firefox  59.0.2 (64 bit)

Yes all the "?" links I've tried return the 502 error.

Version number 22.14.0.54

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

Let me know if you need any other information. I just checked and the 502 errors are still occurring.

Accepted Solution
Kudos0

As requested by Sunil_GA I'm posting the solution to this issue that worked for me. I had to clear Firefox's "Cached Web Content" in order to get the 502 errors to stop and now I can access the Help web pages.

What is the procedure for marking a thread as Solved here ? It doesn't look like I can edit my original post any longer and I don't see any obvious button to mark a thread as solved. 

Kudos0

Hello Marc Your thread was not created as "I need a solution" therefore a solution cannot be given other than orally. Normally you'd check the box under the post that gave you the solution, that would then mark the thread as solved.

Cheers

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" MS Certified Professional / Windows 10 Professional x 64 version 1709 / build 16299.371 / NSBU 22.14.0.54 EAP / Norton Core v.237 / Norton BETA tester
Kudos0

Ahh I see, thank you. When I started the thread I just assumed it was a server issue that really didn't require a personal "solution" and was just reporting the issue. I checked later and I was able to access the Help pages when on other systems so I assume it must have been a temporary issue that just got stuck in that system's Cache.

Kudos0

Thanks for the update, @Marc Hoppe 55. I have update the solution status for this thread .

Sunil_GA | Norton Forums Administrator | Symantec Corporation