• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Verizon fios/extender

As im thinking of purchasing core i wanted to ask a couple of questions,thank you

Does norton core work well with verizon fios?

Does norton core have any issues with extenders?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Verizon fios/extender

I use fios. I first did a hard reset of my fios router. I shut down all features (scanning/wireless) in the Verizon router. This will be handled by the Norton Core. While all devices are powered down, I moved any switches, and devices to the Norton Core. I powered up fios first, then the Norton Core, then everything else. I use the Norton Core wireless as two separate channels (2.4/5). I chose an extender that exactly matches the the Norton Core signals exactly, and it was NOT a fios Extender. I used https://community.norton.com/en/forums/range-extender-perfect-match-norton-core

Kudos0

Hello useagle and welcome to the forums. I too have FIOS, under the "triple play" scenario. If you also have triple play with TV/VOIP phone services, on your FIOS device disable its wifi, but allow DHCP to remain active. Shutting down DHCP will cause your VOIP and TV to stop working. Power down your FIOS device, then connect your Ethernet cable to LAN port 1 on the FIOS device and the other end of it to the WAN port on Core. Its the port with the small blue globe. Then power up your FIOS device and allow it to fully boot.

Once that is done make sure you have the Core app installed on the phone you choose to setup Core. Then power on Core. Follow on screen prompts. https://support.norton.com/sp/en/uk/home/current/solutions/v120684448_EndUserProfile_en_us

Core is compatible with range extenders. You will want to setup the range extender you choose in "AP or access point mode". Use the wifi SSID of your Norton Core wifi and passcodes that you setup core networks with and it will extend your signals. If you have any issues we as always will assist you here.

Cheers

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows 10 Professional x 64 version 1809 / build 17763.529 / N360 Deluxe 22.17.1.50 / Norton Core v.282 on Android 1.98
Kudos0

1 more question

I have fios internet only and the coax is split as one wire goes to the verizon router/modem and the other goes to the extender(not hooked up via ethernet).Would the extender still be covered by norton core?

Kudos0

The extender needs to be wired to one of the LAN ports on the Core for Core to cover it under its network.

Cheers

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows 10 Professional x 64 version 1809 / build 17763.529 / N360 Deluxe 22.17.1.50 / Norton Core v.282 on Android 1.98
Kudos0

I wanna thank everyone for the replies and help,much appreciated

Kudos0

You're most welcome.

Cheers

Kudos0

Ok so i went and bought a new norton core and installed it.Theres a couple things i dont understand.1-When i open security score it says core is connected to another device,which i have verizon fios gateway.It says put other gateway in bridge mode,i have no idea how to do that ?2-I can see my 2.4,5g and guest account listed in wifi on cell phones and laptop but my 2.4 is listed twice?

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.