• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

norton security service

i am your paid customer. norton security service stops automatically.  auto scanning on google play is not working because of this.

i shared this information year ago. i was ridiculed when I posted a video on sharing information on norton security service stopping automatically.  This stopping of service disables auto scanning of google play a feature you boast.  i don't want remote connection from your end, because you can steal my bank password and transfer all my money. please provide me steps on how to resolve this issue.

replying my post does not resolve my issue. so please dont reply this post and mark this issue as closed. i am paying you for my support. i have great respect for peter norton. if you dont want me as your customer refund my money. dont give me steps or procedure for refund ( i hate writing this line).

please help

Replies

Kudos0

Re: norton security service

First, I apologize if you feel you were ridiculed. I do not understand why you feel that way. I checked your previous thread and you never replied to the questions and suggestions that were posed. You posted a video, that had nothing to do with a Norton product, it was a video of programming a security key card for a workplace.

Second, the thread was only closed for having no activity for over 30 days. That is a forum setting so old threads do not get brought up that might have old information or problems that have already been resolved. As an example your older thread refers to Norton Mobile Security, NMS, version 3.x.x.x and we are now at 4.x.x.x.

Also remember that most posters here are not Norton Employees. We are just users like you who volunteer our time to help others from our experience with Norton products.

For your current issue. Are you still using the same device you had for the previous thread? Same Android version?

What version of NMS do you now have? Has it been working correctly and recently has this issue?

Which NMS service are you referring to? Do you mean the app just stops, or is it the Device Administrator, or Accessibility Service in Android settings that is stopping?

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Kudos0

Dear Sir,

Phone details : Cool Pad Model Cool Play 6. Model VCR-10. Andriod Version 7.1.1 Security patch level 1 Sep 2017. Hardware version P1. Baseband version MPSS.TA.2.2.c1-00501-8976_GEN_PA. Kernel version 3.10.84-perf-gf62b56e buildfarm@bf-rmsz-15#2 Build number VCRSIN00X1000DPZ1709300

Please find below the following observations

Norton Mobile security >> The service stops when screen goes blank.  If you want to keep screen on always, then I need a battery backup as big as a car. Also after a certain time of inactivity (say 30 minutes or so), the service is goes off.  Due to this the following features are not available.

(a). I cannot find my phone by logging in online and block.  Entire purpose of the software is defeated. (b) Scanning of google play store before install is not happening (c) Web protection (and linking of browser in my case Chrome) has to be done every time.

I am having this issue since I installed the software in Andriod 7.1.1 in Cool PAD. Do you have any NMS technician in Chennai TN India?  I will visit him and show him all the details.

(b) Norton WI-FI. I have purchased this module yesterday (14/May/2018) to avoid KRACK vulnerability.  This has also the same issue.  Always connect will not work.  One major and very important issue.  JIO Network will not work with Norton WI-FI.  Either I should have Norton WI-FI or JIO.  If you can provide a work around, which helps me use JIO then it would be great. Otherwise, I have no other option to go other than to ask refund.  I cannot change my carrier, he is damn cheap.

(c) Norton app lock - same problem because the service stops when screen goes blank.  App lock fails to lock.

I tried your competition software.  Mcafee.  They are very happy to accept that their software will not work in certain phones like Cool Pad, VIVO and OPPO.  Ready to use my phone as beta to resolve issues and then convert me as paid customer.

No RCONNECT please.

I am a very big fan of Peter Norton. I still have great hope that all these issues will be resolved within no time by you as you are great experts and have billion users and feedback.  I would like to be your customer for time to come.

Regards

K. Hussayn
[Admin Edit: Removed personal email address and contact details as per forum guidelines]

Kudos0

I tried your competition software.  Mcafee.  They are very happy to accept that their software will not work in certain phones like Cool Pad, VIVO and OPPO.  Ready to use my phone as beta to resolve issues and then convert me as paid customer.

If a competitor's product also has issues with your device, it does sound like it is device specific. Some manufacturers add proprietary code to the Android operating system that can conflict with some apps. Security apps in particular can be affected as they need to access the operating system to provide the protection features.

Do you have any NMS technician in Chennai TN India?  I will visit him and show him all the details.

Norton does not have any 'store fronts' that you can walk into to show what your device is doing. The best you can do is collect logs on your device and submit them to Norton.  

Open the NMS app and tap the three bars at the top left. Tap on App Settings, and scroll down to the Logging section. Turn on Enable Debug Log. Then continue using your device until your issue happens again. After the issue has happened, go back to the Debug Log setting and turn it off, then tap on Send Error Report with log files. In your submission include your forum user name and a link to this thread.

Norton WI-FI. I have purchased this module yesterday (14/May/2018) to avoid KRACK vulnerability.  This has also the same issue.  Always connect will not work.  One major and very important issue.  JIO Network will not work with Norton WI-FI.  Either I should have Norton WI-FI or JIO.

Check with JIO' support to see if they support or block VPN software. It may be that they do not want to allow VPNs on their network. If that is the case, there is nothing you can do to get Norton's VPN to work.

Kudos0

Hi PeterWeb,

Surprised to see your reply in this manner. 

From your reply I am suppose to understand the following that I have to live with what I have purchased.

I pointed out the issue in my earlier post, but you have taken the liberty of waiting me to try and point out that this product will not work in my phone model.  I am surprised that you do not have zero users who have mentioned this issue, which means I am your gold customer wherein you can use me, which you are not interested.  I pointed out that your product fails me in basic - finding my device and disabling it - you are not even worried.  Regarding JIO please visit www.jio.com 

If you feel so nasty (sorry to use the word) on my presence and using your product, please refund my full money for all the products because none has served its purpose, which you have acknowledged by your reply.

Don't even bother to answer, please refund my money in full.

Regards

PS. Definition of RIDICULE is "the subjection of someone or something to contemptuous and dismissive language or behaviour".

Kudos0

With all due respect, Is English your first language. If not, there could be some issue with the translation you are using, making you feel I am disrespecting you. I use Google Translate all the time for the forums, and I know the translation does not always reflect the true sense of the original post.

PS. Definition of RIDICULE is "the subjection of someone or something to contemptuous and dismissive language or behaviour".

I am far from being dismissive. I have provided suggestions and am asking questions to try to diagnose your issue. I cannot see your device so I need to ask these questions.

I pointed out the issue in my earlier post, but you have taken the liberty of waiting me to try and point out that this product will not work in my phone model. I am surprised that you do not have zero users who have mentioned this issue, which means I am your gold customer wherein you can use me, which you are not interested.  I pointed out that your product fails me in basic - finding my device and disabling it - you are not even worried. 

I remind you that I am not a Norton employee.So it has nothing to do with whether I am worried. If you have looked through these forums, you would see that I am concerned about users and trying to help them find a solution to their problems. I also gave you a suggestion to send logs to Norton so they can see if there is anything they can see about your device that may be blocking the functionality. There is really nothing else we can do in these forums.

Regarding JIO please visit www.jio.com 

I did look at that site, but I am not a customer. You would have to contact their customer service department to see if they support VPNs.

If you prefer, you can contact Norton Support to request a refund.   www.norton.com/contactcs