• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

how to stop life lock sales pitch and deep web scare

Do I treat this as a virus?

Labels: Virus

Replies

Kudos0

Re: how to stop life lock sales pitch and deep web scare

Kudos0

I wonder if this has anything to do with the Report Card setting in Norton Settings - Administrative Settings? The information provided is similar to that provided by the report card.

I have never seen this pop up and I have that setting turned off.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Kudos0

Even if this is a product of the Norton protection report-- it doesn't enhance protections or knowledge of my computer'e condition. It is purely a sales pitch for Life lock. I have run power eraser and a few other products.. My computer is virus free and behind two firewalls (properly set to best of my knowledge)..

Kudos0

I'm not suggesting it is not a sales pitch. I'm just suggesting that if you have the setting for the Report Card turned on, the report comes up automatically every month or so. It gives the kind of information you see about threats detected,etc. It might be worth checking that setting and seeing if turning it off makes any difference.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Kudos0

Understand-- I get the legitimate monthly report. I have this popping up about every other day now. I've got screen grabs of it on 6,7,8,9 June so far-- Waiting for it again today!

Kudos0

All: I have report card enabled as well, haven't ever had those popups appear on any of my systems. I DO have "special offer notification" set at disabled.

Cheers

Retired military (Navy 1980-2002) "From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows 10 Professional x 64 version 1803 / build 17134.228 / NSBU 22.15.0.88 / Norton Core v.260 / Norton BETA tester
Kudos0

Thanks.. I'll take a look at that. ------------It's now off. We'll see what happens tomorrow....

I don't feel like this is a special offer-- Those normally read something like" As a norton member we are proud to offer Life lock at a special reduced rate of $XX). This is trying to get me to buy something useless based on some scary thing. OBTW. I'd bet I could find 85% of everyone's emails somewhere on the "dark web".

Kudos0

The Dark Web search correctly identified 5 sites my e-mail and/or password may have been compromised on, from YEARS ago.

Probably easier for me to abandon the e-mail address and start using a new one.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.