• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Disabling Norton ad for Lifelock that keeps popping up

Hi- Newbie Marty Moose here; can anyone inform me of how to stop/end/disable this continuous popup from Norton, which is pushing for purchasing Lifelock Protection? I don't want it, getting frustrated with the window continuously popping up on my screen with the title "Your Norton Protection Report"; the only option is to "Check Now", not to Opt Out or discontinue this recurring ad.

I've attached a screen grab of the popup to be clear; any help in disabling this unwanted ad would be appreciated, thanks!!

-Marty

Labels: Popup

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Disabling Norton ad for Lifelock that keeps popping up

Hi, Marty Moose. Try an ad blocker like uBlock Origin which is the one I use, or Ad Blocker Plus.

They should stop the pop ups.

Windows 10 Home X64 Norton Security Premium---Current
Kudos1 Stats

I wonder if this has anything to do with the Report Card setting in Norton Settings - Administrative Settings? The information provided is similar to that provided by the report card.

I have never seen this pop up and I have that setting turned off.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Kudos0

Hi Peter-

I just checked and that setting was "on", so I'll try it with turning that off and see; thanks for the suggestion-

Marty Moose

Kudos0

Check it out. If I am right, you may not know if it helped for another 30 days.

How often did you see that popup?

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Accepted Solution
Kudos2 Stats

Under Administrative Settings, turn Special Offer Notification off. That should end the Lifelock popups.

Kudos0

Hi Peter, that popup was sporadic, nothing for a while then a couple times a week (and I believe it occurred a couple times a day)... I think the last reply I got about disabling the "special offers" option might be just the ticket, let's hope!

thanks man- Marty Moose

Kudos0

Thanks, Alwrig01.  Until now, I didn't know there was a special offers setting.  When the pop up showed up last week, I went to live chat.  The tech told me that it was a scam and had nothing to do with Norton.  Two days later, it showed up again.  The tech I did live chat with was able to show that the pop up is from Norton.  The pop up showed up again Sunday and again today (i.e Tuesday)  I have turned off special offers, so we shall see.

I have always had Report Card turned on.  These pop ups just showed up for the first time last week.  I don't think that there is a connection.

Irish Sunshine

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.