• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Unblocking A Website

Hi. I don't know if this website is really safe.

I checked it on Virus Total and it just was detected by one anti-virus engine. I also attached a screenshot of the results of Virus Total scan.

I found this link on Telegram and the topic was about a fake Telegram program, named Telegrab.

Please check the link and put it in the whitelist if it's REALLY safe!!!

Here is the link:

https :// tlgur . com/d/MGa1RB6G

Please inform Safe Web Team to check the link and whitelist the website if it's REALLY safe.

Thank you in advance.

File Attachment: 

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Unblocking A Website

Kudos0

Thank you for your comment, @bjm_

I already checked it on Norton Safe Web.

I just want Safe Web Team to check it again and put it in the whitelist if it's REALLY safe!!!

If it's not safe, then they post a comment here for me and tell me that the detection by Norton Safe Web is correct.

Please inform Safe Web Team to check the link, if you have close connection with them. Thank you again.

Kudos0

....too bad users cannot reach out to the Safe Web Team 

Kudos0

You can try signing up as a SafeWeb reviewer. I have tried to get more information on the program. I cannot find anything, but I would think that someone on the SafeWeb team must check the reviews.    https://safeweb.norton.com/

You can also report false positive indications here https://submit.symantec.com/false_positive/

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Kudos0

Yes, @bjm_ is right. Normal users can NOT reach to Safe Web Team easily. especially when you submit a form by the link below:

https://submit.symantec.com/false_positive/

They NEVER answer thru this form.

So, we MUST create a thread here, in the forum to connect with them thru their friends; such as @floplot

I also knew about the link you posted. There, you can register YOUR OWN WEBSITE to be reviewed, not the website you are NOT owner of.

However, Please inform Safe Web Team or @floplot to inform them, in order to review my request. Thank you.

Kudos0

They NEVER answer thru this form.

The forums and that email site are not connected, so there would be no way to post here.

I have always gotten a reply when I filled in a report from the false postive link. Have you checked your spam folder?

On the Safeweb link I gave there is a link to sign in/sign up, where you can comment on any web site. Not just your own.

Kudos0

You have read the text incorrectly. I said "They never answer thru this FORM, not forum!!!"

I mean the form in this link: https://submit.symantec.com/false_positive/

Yes, I already filled many forms thru the link above for false-positive websites' detection; but I NEVER received an answer.

Yes, I checked my spam folder. They NEVER answer thru that form.

I already signed up and signed in, in that link. Well, I don't think only a comment would convince them to check the website!!!

The best way for checking malicious links, is here, in this forum. Every time I posted a thread here, they checked my request.

Of course, @floplot helped me a lot by notifying the Safe Web Team, every time I posted a thread here.

Please inform the Safe Web Team if you have close connection with them or inform @floplot to see this post and then inform the Safe Web Team.

Thank you again.

Kudos1 Stats

peterweb:

I have always gotten a reply when I filled in a report from the false postive link.

try A4 > B5 > C7

I'll receive

and then ?

try A4 > B5 > C7 submission for site that has not verified ownership. 

try A4 > B5 > C7 submission for site that has not been thru floplot n'/or Console_Ops.  

try A4 > B5 > C7 submission for un-rated site.  

If you do not own the website, you cannot submit the website to Norton Safe Web for evaluation. However, you can write a review for that particular website, share your experiences and also rate the website which can help other users.

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/kb20090410134005

Kudos0

I already did this, exactly, several times... As I said before, they NEVER answer.

This time I submitted my request 2 times with 2 different e-mail addresses. Let me see if they answer... (Well, I don't think so.)

I'll send a post here as soon as I receive an answer.

========

YES, EXACTLY. That's why I don't receive an answer thru that form. Because I'm NOT the owner.

That's why I create a thread here, every time I want to change the rating of a website.

Kudos0

I hear ya'.  

We know the Report a Suspected Erroneous Detection (False Positive) is dated and needs correction to reflect users cannot submit the website to Norton Safe Web for evaluation.  

Kudos0

Hello Pittbull2020

Sorry, I'm a little late tonight. It's the weekend and the Safe Web Team won't see my messages until some time after midnight on Sunday night EDT.

Please stay tuned to this thread for a few days for a response from the Safe Web Team on Sunday night after midnight or possibly a little later due to higher volume. 

Have a Good Night and

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit NS with BackUp 22.14.2.13 Core Firmware 237 I E 11
Kudos0

Hello and thank you very much, @floplot

Could you please tell the Safe Web Team to fix the False-Positive report page for their section?

Every time I submit a report to Safe Web Team thru this form by choosing A4, B5 and C7, I do receive the confirmation e-mail; but they NEVER answer. Tell them to fix the report page, if it doesn't deliver the requests to them. I don't know if they receive the reports; but I DO receive the confirmation e-mail that says something like the photo below:

No matter how many days you wait; you will NOT receive an answer, as I said before.

The only way that users like me can receive an answer, is to create a thread here.

Please tell them to fix the report page, if there's a problem with the delivery of the reports.

Let me mention that, I also report false-positive Files detection to its section thru that link and they DO ANSWER me in 2 days, at maximum. I don't know exactly why the Safe Web Team doesn't answer thru that page.

Kudos0

Pitbull2020

In your image, it shows an 'inquiry to Symantecs Anti-Fraud Review'.  

My submissions show different information.

Are you sure you are using the sequence A4, B5 and C7? The Anti-Fraud reference seems like you may have made some other choices.

Kudos0

Yes, my choice was correct. I think you made the wrong choice. Probably you chose C5 in the list. If you choose C7, then you'll receive a confirmation e-mail just like me; not the one you've got.

Look at this image, please. C5 is for IPS and C7 is for Safe Web and probably you chose C5, as I said.

Kudos0

peterweb:

Pitbull2020

In your image, it shows an 'inquiry to Symantecs Anti-Fraud Review'.  

My submissions show different information.

Are you sure you are using the sequence A4, B5 and C7? The Anti-Fraud reference seems like you may have made some other choices.

with A4 > B5 > C7 ....I'll receive "Thank you" without tracking number.  

Kudos0

Yes, @bjm_ is right.

As I said before, @peterweb probably has clicked on C5.

Kudos0

Hello Pittbull

I have never seen that form before. I just have to tell new users to register with Safe Web and to read that site I give out. Then they either enter their Meta Tag or HTML file upload. Then they either check their report or look in Google for their site. The FF users can only check their report since the search engines don't show the annotations for them any more.

The quickest way that I know of is to just post here and I can then give the directions to go to Safe Web and then post the information here. I then have direct contact with the Safe Web Team and most of the time they respond here in the thread the same day or the next day. It seems much easier to do than to do all those steps and then get more emails besides the Meta Tags.

The Safe Web Team does White List the sites when I ask them to. Pittbull can verify that since Cops says he has White Listed the sites that I have reported. I also have had Safe Web evaluate sites for visitors of sites also. Sending out emails is like doing the work twice because they have to fill out the reports also. They come here and verify and evaluate the sites and then post the link to the report and tell them if it's green or still malicious.

Have a Good Night and

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit NS with BackUp 22.14.2.13 Core Firmware 237 I E 11
Kudos0

Hi. Thank you very much, @floplot for your comment and also your help!

Yes, the easiest way for unblocking or evaluation of a website is to post here, as I said before.

But I hope that the Safe Web Team will fix the report page of their section, so we don't have to create a thread here, every time we want to evaluate a website.

Kudos0

Hi. Finally, I've received a response from the Safe Web Team.

I received it thru my Yahoo Mail, not GMail. I think there's a problem with sending e-mail from GMail to the Safe Web Team!!!

But there's no problem with sending e-mail to other sections of False-Positive thru GMail. Actually, I don't know why.

I received the response 36 hours and 10 minutes after my submission thru Yahoo Mail.

I uploaded the image of the response I've received. You can see it below.

However, thank you to everyone, who helped me with this, especially a big thanks to @floplot.

Kudos0

Hello Pittbull

I'll see if I can get it whitelisted for you. Please stay tuned for Safe Web again. Hopefully, I will have some luck.

Have a Good Night and

Thanks.

Accepted Solution
Kudos0

Hi Pitbull2020

We have manually analyzed the website 'tlgur.com' and it is currently rated green in safeweb.norton.com.

https://safeweb.norton.com/report/show?url=tlgur.com

Cops