• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Can still reply to text messages on Android via shade during blocked hours??

so tonight i heard my daughter's phone dinging during blocked hours.  she has an Android.  i've had this program for over a month now, and apparently she is able to carry on text conversations via the reply button in the Android shade.  totally circumvents being "blocked"

i do NOT have text messaging monitoring on.  i just want the entire phone to lock down when it says it's going to.  for what it's worth, if she were to tap on Messages, it will show as blocked.  so this seems like something that slipped through the Norton QA team.  

i don't want to turn off her notifications because she still needs notifications for incoming texts during unblocked hours.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Can still reply to text messages on Android via shade during blocked hours??

Hi @tools5150,
    Thank you for sharing your observation. We will investigate it, and post an update to this thread when we have more information.

Regards,
Norton Family team

Kudos0

Re: Can still reply to text messages on Android via shade during blocked hours??

I also have this problem on my child's samsung phone.

why has there been no response from Norton on this ?- it would appear to be a glaringly obvious loophole in the norton client.

if you click on an incoming message notification you can then both read and send a text reply  - even though the house rules are set to blocked for that time !

Kudos0

3 weeks.  no response...  any udpates??