• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Lost Hope in Norton's Scheming Business Practices...

I have had Norton Core Router w/Norton Security W/Backup for two years, Paid in Full up to Date Subscriptions on Both. In that time, have been Inundated with Bogus Norton Pop-Ups Notifications of Suspicious Wi-Fi Connection (Get Norton WiFi Privacy Now..?) on my Own Local Norton Core Router's Wifi. And, as well cannot install the Norton Security, which I purchased...But as Norton claims I haven't Got "Anymore Seats" or licenses...? Although I have only 2 out of 10 licenses installed. Attempting to gouge me to buy more Norton Security Apps on my Mobile Devices, and PC. This, when it clearly states on "Install on Other Devices", and upon attempt to Install the App provided... they Present On the Norton.com, "Compatible with iOS, Android, PC, MacOS"...! But, again, upon Install claims it is Not Compatible with PC/Windows 10, nor Android, Nor iOS......?

As well, all Mobile Devices claim my purchased licenses had expired due to this issue above...as they continually harass with more Bogus Warnings of Imminent Danger due to lack of Norton Security Coverage, Password Management, WiFi Privacy Issues, Theft Alert apps, which should be Bundled in what We Already Paid For...!! This Obviously is attempting to cause Panic, and confusion, with customers, but we all Know Norton's Method. This desperate plot they have fallen back into Upselling their product with ruthless abandon by saturation Fear Mongering is So Old School Pathetic...and will really drives a stake into the hearts of Us Faithful Customers who thought they have learned their lesson in years past...Left and Returned so Many Times! So Disappointing...as Now it seems, there are indications that Norton Shares Its Program Codes with Russia...WTF...? Just sick...!! Can I at least be ALLOWED PLEASE, to Install Norton Security on my Other Devices....all of which are claimed to be supported by Norton Security..? What is the Problem...??

Replies

Kudos1 Stats

Re: Lost Hope in Norton's Scheming Business Practices...

Although I have only 2 out of 10 licenses installed.

With a subscription to Norton Core, you get the Core Security plus that should be covering unlimited number of devices. Have you purchased a separate Norton Security Premium subscription?

I have had Norton Core Router w/Norton Security W/Backup for two years, Paid in Full up to Date Subscriptions on Both.

When you got to the expiry for the Core subscription, did you renew that? Or again, as I asked above, did you just purchase a separate Norton Security Premium subscription? To get the full protection from the Core device, you need to have the correct Core subscription in place.

as Now it seems, there are indications that Norton Shares Its Program Codes with Russia..

Can you provide links for this please?

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Kudos0

Hello Bruzr

Android App 1.66 just came out last night. This App supports renewals for Core subscriptions. To get your subscription issues straightened out, I would suggest that you contact Norton Support and tell them you should have received 1 year subscription for free which should have unlimited seats. I don't think that any of those programs have expired yet. If you had a Norton subscription before you got the Core, then if you contact Customer Support, they should have added those months onto your Core subscription. Please contact Norton.

www.norton.com/contactcs 

Have a Good Night and

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit NS with BackUp 22.15.0.88 Core Firmware 260 I E 11
Kudos0

Hello Bruzr. Unless you were privy to a project prototype of Core there isn't any physical way you have been on Core for two years, Core was released and shipped to those who pre-ordered beginning August of 2017. As Peterweb stated Core Security Plus can be installed on unlimited number of devices across different OS's. The first year of the subscription is complimentary.

Norton Security with backup on the other hand, is an entirely different subscription which will not renew your Core subscription. Here is the official listing of the current Norton product lineup and what they service. Having a good understanding of a product prior to purchase and what to expect from it is always a plus.

FWIW!! Companies have been directly giving up intellectual property to the Chinese to get into their markets for decades. The two articles below are conflicting regarding Russian code review, so one has to wonder, where the actual truth lies.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/06/23/symantec-russia-source-code-access/

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-cyber-russia/tech-firms-let-russia-probe-software-widely-used-by-u-s-government-idUSKBN1FE1DT

Cheers

Retired military (Navy 1980-2002) "From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows 10 Professional x 64 version 1803 / build 17134.228 / NSBU 22.15.0.88 / Norton Core v.260 / Norton BETA tester
Kudos0

Russian Troll right...!? You responded to my previous posts as well, why are you so angry, and quick to attack...?  Maybe you need to go out and get some air, you have no input on my situation...it's my business. I just stated the facts...my Norton Security w/Backup (Two Years of Subscription, But Not Router) does not load on a Supposedly Supported, Secondary Windows 10 Laptop, nor any other devices other than the primary two PC's ..and it is very odd, with claims of -10- licenses provided, but only two have been permitted. I have every right and reason to post My Concerns on a Norton Support Site.so back the Fruck off..>! .Nothing is expired... And to disagree with your Russian Code Share denial...so trollish of you...who are YOU protecting! 

https://www.cnet.com/news/sap-mcafee-symantec-reportedly-let-russia-revi...

Kudos0

Partner!! I would take a knee in a serious way with the outbursts. There are no trolls of any flavor here on the forums.  Only people trying to assist you, not offend you. No two opinions are ever the same.

You stated you have had Norton Core for two years, Core was only released to public consumption in 2017. However the subscription which was complimentary could have been used at the time of pre-ordering Core. Also, the subscription provides for "unlimited" devices. Maybe some Norton account house keeping is in order on your part?

I personally use Core and a 10 license NSBU subscription alongside of Core Security Plus. All my devices indeed install which ever flavor I want on them without any interference from Core. IF by some chance you are running Windows 10 S or an educational version those are NOT supported and that could be an issue. All other Windows 10 versions ARE supported. The link to current products and what they support was presented previously for your review as well. If you'd like to continue being rude the best route would be to contact support.

Bruzr:

I have had Norton Core Router w/Norton Security W/Backup for two years, Paid in Full up to Date Subscriptions on Both. In that time, have been Inundated with Bogus Norton Pop-Ups Notifications of Suspicious Wi-Fi Connection (Get Norton WiFi Privacy Now..?) on my Own Local Norton Core Router's Wifi. And, as well cannot install the Norton Security, which I purchased...But as Norton claims I haven't Got "Anymore Seats" or licenses...? Although I have only 2 out of 10 licenses installed. Attempting to gouge me to buy more Norton Security Apps on my Mobile Devices, and PC. This, when it clearly states on "Install on Other Devices", and upon attempt to Install the App provided... they Present On the Norton.com, "Compatible with iOS, Android, PC, MacOS"...! But, again, upon Install claims it is Not Compatible with PC/Windows 10, nor Android, Nor iOS......?

As well, all Mobile Devices claim my purchased licenses had expired due to this issue above...as they continually harass with more Bogus Warnings of Imminent Danger due to lack of Norton Security Coverage, Password Management, WiFi Privacy Issues, Theft Alert apps, which should be Bundled in what We Already Paid For...!! This Obviously is attempting to cause Panic, and confusion, with customers, but we all Know Norton's Method. This desperate plot they have fallen back into Upselling their product with ruthless abandon by saturation Fear Mongering is So Old School Pathetic...and will really drives a stake into the hearts of Us Faithful Customers who thought they have learned their lesson in years past...Left and Returned so Many Times! So Disappointing...as Now it seems, there are indications that Norton Shares Its Program Codes with Russia...WTF...? Just sick...!! Can I at least be ALLOWED PLEASE, to Install Norton Security on my Other Devices....all of which are claimed to be supported by Norton Security..? What is the Problem...??

Cheers

Retired military (Navy 1980-2002) "From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows 10 Professional x 64 version 1803 / build 17134.228 / NSBU 22.15.0.88 / Norton Core v.260 / Norton BETA tester
Kudos0

Thanks for your Rhetoric, SoulAsylum..And Others....We are Happy you Got Everything Working for Yourself...!  You seem to want to argue still, my revelance on this Norton Forum Thread, which is a Legitimate Cry for Help... but misunderstand apparently. Again...my Issue is with NOT Norton Core Router, But with the Norton Software portion....Norton Core Security w/Backup. With this...In Two Instances have installed successfully on TWO PC’s, but additional License not allowed, for some reason. Every instance of “Add Another Device” is met with “This Platform is Not Supported”, this being on any additional PC, Android, iOS...although it states compatible right on the “Add Another Device” subpages upon download. It states yes, I have 10 licenses available, but only 2 have been accommodated.

Of course I have contacted Norton support, and Norton Support Chat, but after MANY times...x6+ individual sessions...During Support there are Many Transfers, to Assorted Departments, Norton Core, Subscriptions, Norton Membership, on and on, they cannot seem to offer any form or solution or support. Repeating this very statement over and over with Support only adds to my Frustrations...as being met with  No Understanding on Here on A Norton Forum, Specifally Chosen for This Issue at Hand....as nobody seems to understand...?? That’s my story for the Umtenth Time...! Have a Nice Day....!!

Kudos0

Bruzr.  When you go to your Norton account and you view your subscription what does it say?  My subscription does not say with Backup.  If your does that might be your problem.

Kudos0

You have to remember that we cannot see your computers or your Norton Account with details of your current subscriptions.

This information in your first post is a little confusing to us, so we are trying to determine exactly what product you have. 

I have had Norton Core Router w/Norton Security W/Backup for two years,

This first statement, as noted by SoulAsylum above is not possible. The Core router was only released in August of 2017. So we are trying to determine if you have had the Core router since it was available, the software that comes with it would have covered an unlimited number of devices, and was included in the price of the router. 

And, as well cannot install the Norton Security, which I purchased...But as Norton claims I haven't Got "Anymore Seats" or licenses...? Although I have only 2 out of 10 licenses installed.

Did you purchase a separate subscription for Norton Security with Backup? From the '2 of 10' comment this sounds like what has happened.

When you log into your Norton Account at   https://my.norton.com  how many devices are listed? When you click on My Norton at the top right, then click My Subscriptions, what products are listed there as active subscriptions? Do you see one for Norton Core Security Plus, and one for Norton Security Premium/with Backup?

These questions can help us help you.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Kudos0

Hello

I have my Core I think since last Oct. or Nov installed around that time. I use Norton Security with Backup with my Core.  On My Norton it lists Norton Security Plus for my program.  After installation of the Core, I had about a month left on my Norton Security with Backup. After installation of the Core, I had a chat with Norton Support. They extended my Core sub by the month I had remaining in my Norton Security with Backup Sub. According to My Norton, I do have Norton Security Plus.

When you installed your Core, did you have a chat with Norton Support and tell them that you have the Norton Core and you would like to transfer the remaining time to your Norton Security Plus key? If you did this, they should have disabled your Norton Security with Backup key and give you one with a Norton Security Plus key. After doing this, My Norton shows Norton Security Plus, but I never had to change the program I was using. Hopefully, things will work out ok when it's time to renew. Did you get a Core Key after you installed the Core and have any remaining time left transferred to your Core Key? I'm only telling you my story to try to find out if you did what I did?

Have a Good Night and

Thanks.

Customer Support        www.norton.com/contactcs 

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit NS with BackUp 22.15.0.88 Core Firmware 260 I E 11
Kudos0

Hi @Bruzr,

I have sent you a private message. Could you please check your inbox when you get a chance? Thanks. 

-Gayathri

Gayathri R | Norton Forums Administrator | Symantec Corporation
Kudos0

With Complete Exhaustion...I Have Chatted and Talked my Heart Out With All Online and Phone support...BUT...alas, I have found my Own Solution..And it is finally given me some success.This is a CC: of What I sent to Support....which really have never offererd any solution, but I do appreciate their efforts.

Thank you for your reply, but I have solved my Issue myself...with in regards this Norton Security Core Plus Subscription and Non-Compatiblity Error with Norton Core Security w/Backup not allowing “Add Device” downloads to any device. It seems the Norton.com link, within “My Subscriptions” within my Norton Security Subscription Information and an Attempt to “Add Device”, it will complete the process as it does not have the correct link on the website. As, suprisingly, with great rejoice...when I downloaded “Norton Security” as a Trial, and then, Upon Install of This Trial... Logged In to Apply my Subscription Information, Success...!! It Installed Immediately. So, perhaps Norton should take a look a this particular  “Add Device” Hyper link, as it is not the Norton Security Software it attempts to Send A Link to Our Email as intended for Adding New Devices to Utilize our Subscriptions. Could we [Norton] take a look at that...? Your welcome...!

Kudos0

Yes, yes, I have Paid for A Seperate Subscription, Renewed it for Norton Security Core Plus w/Backup...which is a Provision for Norton Security for Norton Core ROUTER Users, and I did everything I was supposed to do. It is just nobody wants to be supportive, just make accusation of ineptness towards ANYONE on here...But all is well, have solved my issues. Thank You anyway..!!